You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I just came here to post that. Absolutely stunning, beautiful, hilarious, heartbreaking film.

Have you seen The Hunt for the Wilderpeople? Another brilliant film. Shame that Rita Ora's ruined him and he's putting out shite like that last Thor film.

The Menu- 7/10. Didn't quite work, but a pretty good black comedy satirising the pretentiousness of haute cuisine and the self-indulgent elite parasites who leech off genuinely skilled and creative people. Probably should get an extra point for Anya Taylor-Joy being in a slinky, slashed thigh dress for the duration.

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Have you seen The Hunt for the Wilderpeople? Another brilliant film. Shame that Rita Ora's ruined him and he's putting out shite like that last Thor film.

The Menu- 7/10. Didn't quite work, but a pretty good black comedy satirising the pretentiousness of haute cuisine and the self-indulgent elite parasites who leech off genuinely skilled and creative people. Probably should get an extra point for Anya Taylor-Joy being in a slinky, slashed thigh dress for the duration.

Instead of ruining me? Agreed. 

GoodChubbyAnole-max-1mb.gif

American Beauty. Not seen this since it was released and thought it was crap. Maybe now i'm an old bastard it resonated. A bit. She is stunning. Pity Spacy is a bit grabby as he is a fine actor. 7.5/10

Mad Max Fury Road. Again seen it yonks ago and it is exactly as I remember. Comic book nonsense but fun and a fine bunch of ladies. 6.8/10

No Sudden Move

I liked the fact Soderbergh doesn't treat the audience as idiots, letting the plot unfold and the viewer catch up if they pay attention. I couldn't get on with how it was shot though. Digital cameras frequently make things look like a TV show, and the wide lens with the fisheye effect in close quarters was distracting. It's weird, but The Godfather really did set the template for how we expect a period '40s / '50s film to look - take away the sepia hues and film grain and somehow it feels odd.

6/10

My Son

James McEvoy stars, really interesting because McEvoy was given no script at all and he had no idea what was supposed to happen throughout the film apparently.

A really interesting concept, but ultimately very generic in its execution.

Definitely worth a watch though.

7/10 Nodi Ezra Real Debrid

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My Son

James McEvoy stars, really interesting because McEvoy was given no script at all and he had no idea what was supposed to happen throughout the film apparently.

I though it was a bit shit for him but I didn’t know that was why. Might give it another go. Seemed a bit low budget bbc at the time 

17 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My Son

Sounds like a typical episode of Eastenders.

On 04/02/2023 at 13:34, Mudface said:

need to watch that

On 01/02/2023 at 12:48, Bjornebye said:

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (Netflix) 

Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman and that young lad from The Banshees of Inisherin Martin Keough. 

Absolutely fucked up weird thriller. Completely freaky and I don’t know how the hell anybody could begin to rate it. Just nuts. 

yeah watched that a while ago

absolutely crackers