You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Fury.

Best I've seen in a while.

You know it is good when you pause it till the kids fuck off.

Having said that I've not seen a good film in a while and I think Pitt is ace. 8.48/10

I'll raise you 0.02

Great entertainment. The mood pulled me right in - cinematography brilliant. Pitt did well.

I thought the 5.1 was superbly mixed - a nice full frequency sound w/o losing it's dynamic range, and although we're saturated these days with cgi, I thought the lazer type effect worked well for the tracer.

I'll be going again before it leaves town. Best war film since Private Ryan. Lest we forget.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Well after having a shag we decided to watch "Guardians of the Galaxy" in 3D.......I personally enjoyed it, great visual affects, a nice splattering of humour, Groot a tree with attitude and Rocket Raccoon. 9 "I am Groot's out of 10." 

Aeroplane binge in order of film goodness:

Boyhood - Totally loved it.  8.5/10

Guardians of the Galaxy - I'm bored of Marvel mainly, but this was good fun. 7.5/10

Edge of Tomorrow - Watchable guff.  Cruise was good, and whilst I am a man of peace, Blunt in her fighting gear was tremendous.  7/10

Begin Again - Like a celebrity Once which is a bit ironic considering the theme of the flim - presumably understood by John Carney, which makes it a bit weird.  Mark Ruffalo gets almost all the points here. 6/10

X-Men Days of Future Past - Pretty rubbish and the time travel made no sense, neither did a great deal more of the plot.  Waste of some great actors.  5/10

Lucy - Mostly shite.  Will someone please give Morgan Freeman a decent film for once?  4/10

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Di Caprio is also boss. He improvised the part where he smeared blood over her face. He slams the glass down early in the scene, cutting his hand bad enough to need stitches, but just carried on.

Under the skin - weird film with Scarlett johansen getting her arse and tits out a fair bit. Atmospheric, creepy and a touch of the unknown building it nicely until it just ends with a whimper. Shame it had potential - 7/10

22 jump street - funny on the whole some dodgy bits but it a silly film not designed to be taken seriously. Some laugh out loud moments - 7/10

Nightcrawler.

Only watched this due to some of the reviews in this thread. I think Gylenhall is decent, loved Zodiac, but I found Nightcrawler strangely reminiscent of Drive (?!).

Best film I've seen for a bit, really enjoyed this quirky pic, and thankful it wasn't some Marvel / spandex thing.

7.7/10

St Vincent.

5.25/10 for the film

8.94/10 for Bill 'Groundhog Day,Ghost-bustin'-ass' Murray.

Were it not for Murray, this film would sink without a trace. It's pretty forgettable fayre for the most part: formulaic plot, clichéd characters and hackneyed dialogue. There's some nice bits and the overall story is sweet enough. Fuck knows what Naomi Watts' character adds to the film. Anyway, No doubt Bill Murray will at least get his oscar nomination for this, and he'll probably win. 

Guest Pistonbroke

John Carter............8  Martians out of 10. 

Having read the Edgar Rice Burroughs Barsoom series as a nipper I quite enjoyed this film version based on the first novel "A Princess of Mars."

I'm going to order the whole Barsoom series of novels and give them another read, great books. 

BTW, that Lynn Collins who plays Dejah Thoris would get it all night long.

06_imm.jpg