You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I Have A Dream

Red Nick

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends if you think Berbatov is a better player than Tevez which I do.

Crouch & 10m for Berbatov would be very good business IMO

I cant think of another player that could could actually be bought in world football that would improve our team as much as Berbatov

I am picking up a certain vibe that you like Berbatov. Am I right?

I cant think of another player that could could actually be bought in world football that would improve our team as much as Berbatov

But that's because you're mad as a bag of rabid badgers.

Cristiano ROnaldo would make a far bigger impact for a start off.

All you Berbatov lovers will be sick as fuck when he signs for Manure before the window shuts

Now that OGS is off the payrole as a player means there is an opening for someone Berbatov in Saha out could be the reason Saha wasnt risked at the weekend now he is fit enough to pass a medical just a thought

Guest Dagger
But that's because you're mad as a bag of rabid badgers.

Cristiano ROnaldo would make a far bigger impact for a start off.

:lol: C S A C

All you Berbatov lovers will be sick as fuck when he signs for Manure before the window shuts

Now that OGS is off the payrole as a player means there is an opening for someone Berbatov in Saha out could be the reason Saha wasnt risked at the weekend now he is fit enough to pass a medical just a thought

Cant see him going there and I think our business is done, Think he would be perfect for our team just as Tevez would have been good for our team

Cant see him going there and I think our business is done, Think he would be perfect for our team just as Tevez would have been good for our team

This is a business not fantasy manger wank fest. Clubs buy who they need, conditional on if they'll sign, with due consideration to the balannce sheet; the alternative is called Leeds.

If we bought him this post would still exist in few months 'cept it would be about the flavour of that particular month.

If Yossi carries on where he left off last night, we already have a player who can split a defence with a cute pass in an Aimar or Beardsley manner anyhoo.

Worst. Simile. Ever.

Indeed, also worst attempt at a subtle Dirk dig.

Worst. Simile. Ever.

I quite liked it, actually; love thy cliche. Have you ever read the Billy Bunter books? Hilarious 1920s racism throughout: there's an Indian boy who can only speak in proverbs, so -

'Speech is silvery, my esteemed Bunter, but silence is the cracked pitcher that goes longest to the well, as the English proverb remarks.'

• 1 month later...
Isn't controlling the tempo the job of Alonso?

Of the game to an extent yes, but I think that's difficult sat so deep. What we need also is someone to control the attack, the rythmn, the movement, someone to know what to do, not be like a headless bunch... we need a classical number 10 in my opinion.

Do 'classic' No.10's work in England?

Tevez played as a striker for West Ham, Bergkamp played futher forward than a Diego/Aimar/Riquelme type player I don't see how you accomodate a player like that in England when there games rely on time and space.

Would you say Bergkamp/Cantona/Beardsley/Dalglish etc are classic number 10's?

I would say so.

Would you say Bergkamp/Cantona/Beardsley/Dalglish etc are classic number 10's?

I would say so.

Errr they're all different types of player to Diego/Aimar/Riquelme.

If you can't even pin down the type of player you're looking for in that position how are you supposed to make a solid case for their inclusion?