You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont have to make another bid, they have to accept the one we made or they are in breach of contract. I don't care what Ferguson says about him not letting Heinze go to Liverpool, its out of his hands.

Dave, am I right in saying that he's got a release clause in his contract for a fixed price?

Has it been confirmed that he has such a clause in his contract because i cant believe Ferguson would make statement that he would never sell to Liverpool and why would we make 2 bids when we just have to bid £6 million to get him.

It seems to me maybe perhaps that Man U said to his agent, "yeah we'll sell him for 6 million quid, off you go and find him a club" so he's got a verbal agreement he can leave if any club ponies up that money. Now we've done it, Fergie's backtracking. Of course I could easily be wrong and the agreement might be in writing in which Ferguson can spout all the shit he wants but Heinze can go anywhere.

So David Gill admits the letter is real and clause of certain sum but agreed verbally with the agent not to sell to any of their rivals yeah right! Why agree verbally while this letter is being put in place. Could be wrong but strikes me that Gill and Whiskey face are just saying what they are saying so that if Heinze moves the fans won't turn on them. Could be well wrong though just a thought.

Vincent, due to my current ignore options your post is the top of this page and every time I click into it I'm immediately in love for a moment due to your avatar.

She's a vision of beauty isn't she? I've been giving Saint Etienne a listen since finally getting 'round to buying an iPod recently (at least 5 years after everyone else).

So David Gill admits the letter is real and clause of certain sum but agreed verbally with the agent not to sell to any of their rivals yeah right! Why agree verbally while this letter is being put in place. Could be wrong but strikes me that Gill and Whiskey face are just saying what they are saying so that if Heinze moves the fans won't turn on them. Could be well wrong though just a thought.

Reeks of that to me. You can hear in fergies slur he's pissed off. Thats usually for a reason.

Vincent, due to my current ignore options your post is the top of this page and every time I click into it I'm immediately in love for a moment due to your avatar.

:D Theres no ignoring Red Nick:

Trust In Red Nick, You know it makes sense

Liverpool still confident on Gabriel Heinze dealJul 20 2007

by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL remain confident they can sign Gabriel Heinze – despite Sir Alex Ferguson yesterday claiming there was no chance the Argentine will move to Anfield.

The Manchester United manager moved to again comment on the full-back’s future as momentum gathers over Rafael Benitez’s interest in the player.

Heinze is understood to have written consent from Old Trafford officials that he can leave if a club meets the £6million asking price.

Real Madrid have also been strongly linked with Heinze and are believed to rank alongside Liverpool in terms of preference for the Argentine.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

And should Rafael Benitez elect to pay the £6m fee, only a similar offer from the Bernabeu is likely to prevent Heinze from becoming the first player to move directly between the fierce North West rivals since Phil Chisnall moved from United to Liverpool in 1964.

Nevertheless, Ferguson said yesterday: “I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze.

“We can put that to bed right now and we have done so. We have had a couple offers for him and we have turned them down.

“I don’t exactly know what Gaby thinks because it is all coming from his agent.

“He has been rolling the ball all the time but this has been going on for a year-and-a-half now.”

Liverpool are not among those clubs to have lodged an official bid, with Newcastle United and Juventus thought to also be tracking Heinze.

And reports from Italy suggest that should Liverpool’s move for Heinze ultimately flounder, they will turn their attentions to £7m-rated Juventus left-back Giorgio Chiellini.

The 22-year-old only last year signed a contract that tied him to the Turin club until 2011, but is not thought to be in the long-term plans of recently-appointed coach Claudio Ranieri.

With Benitez intent on bolstering the left side of Liverpool’s defence, John Arne Riise can expect renewed pressure for his place in the side.

But the Norwegian has revealed that such a threat prompted him to redouble his efforts in preparing for the new campaign.

“There have been a lot of rumours lately about new people coming to the club, so you know you need to step up a level,” said Riise.

“I’ve been working out during the summer because I wanted to show the manager I was fit and raring to go.

“I feel good and sharp and I hope this continues.

“Of course I’ve read the stories about possible signings, but you expect to hear a club like Liverpool is looking to bring in new players. The only response I can make is to stay focused on my game and hope the manager has enough faith in me to keep me playing. It’s up to me, really.

“I know every season I’ve been here when I’ve come back to pre-season we’ll have another signing who can play at left-back or left-wing.

“I’ve been involved in more or less every game and I want that to continue. I want to finish my career here. Everyone knows that and there’s nothing I’d like more than to sign a long-term contract.

“Nothing has happened on that, but there’s no rush because I understand the club has been very busy signing new players.

“I’ve still two years left, so we’ll see what happens.”

the Daily Post says "Liverpool are not among those clubs to have lodged an official bid"

Gill says: "On Monday night we received a written offer and we've rejected that. It was a significant offer. But we rejected it because it's Liverpool."

who's right?

Has it been confirmed that he has such a clause in his contract because i cant believe Ferguson would make statement that he would never sell to Liverpool and why would we make 2 bids when we just have to bid £6 million to get him.

Thats exactly how I see it

Post says "Liverpool are not among those clubs to have lodged an official bid"

Gill says: "On Monday night we received a written offer and we've rejected that. It was a significant offer. But we rejected it because it's Liverpool."

The other thing to bear in mind here is that even if there was a peice of paper utd could just ingnore it and let the transfer deadline pass, I think Gill wouldnt be saying these fhings only to have egg on there face, his explanation is pretty loud & clear

I don't think Baines is better than Riise. He is a decent LB, but then so is Riise. Riise has been here for years and the past couple of seasons he has been an important part of a very accomplished defence. His ability to play left mid makes us overlook the fact that he is a good left back.

I'd rather have Riise over Baines, and Heinze for that matter (NB - the Heinze I've seen since his injury, that is. Before that he was probably the best LB in the Prem, though arguably Ashley Cole was better, though his form has dipped since moving to Chelsea).

Riise with Aurelio challenging and a good understudy in Insua. That's fine by me. If we must buy another LB then I hope we land Chiellini, since he looks like he'll become a top player.

during the first half of last season riises performances at left back were shocking.

riise unfortunately is a jack of all trades on the left side but master of none.

he isnt a great defender nor is he a great midfielder. he is a good player for the squad but i think he will play less and less as rafa brings in quality players.

Liverpool still confident on Gabriel Heinze dealJul 20 2007

by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL remain confident they can sign Gabriel Heinze – despite Sir Alex Ferguson yesterday claiming there was no chance the Argentine will move to Anfield.

The Manchester United manager moved to again comment on the full-back’s future as momentum gathers over Rafael Benitez’s interest in the player.

Heinze is understood to have written consent from Old Trafford officials that he can leave if a club meets the £6million asking price.

Real Madrid have also been strongly linked with Heinze and are believed to rank alongside Liverpool in terms of preference for the Argentine.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

And should Rafael Benitez elect to pay the £6m fee, only a similar offer from the Bernabeu is likely to prevent Heinze from becoming the first player to move directly between the fierce North West rivals since Phil Chisnall moved from United to Liverpool in 1964.

Nevertheless, Ferguson said yesterday: “I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze.

“We can put that to bed right now and we have done so. We have had a couple offers for him and we have turned them down.

“I don’t exactly know what Gaby thinks because it is all coming from his agent.

“He has been rolling the ball all the time but this has been going on for a year-and-a-half now.”

Liverpool are not among those clubs to have lodged an official bid, with Newcastle United and Juventus thought to also be tracking Heinze.

And reports from Italy suggest that should Liverpool’s move for Heinze ultimately flounder, they will turn their attentions to £7m-rated Juventus left-back Giorgio Chiellini.

The 22-year-old only last year signed a contract that tied him to the Turin club until 2011, but is not thought to be in the long-term plans of recently-appointed coach Claudio Ranieri.

With Benitez intent on bolstering the left side of Liverpool’s defence, John Arne Riise can expect renewed pressure for his place in the side.

But the Norwegian has revealed that such a threat prompted him to redouble his efforts in preparing for the new campaign.

“There have been a lot of rumours lately about new people coming to the club, so you know you need to step up a level,” said Riise.

“I’ve been working out during the summer because I wanted to show the manager I was fit and raring to go.

“I feel good and sharp and I hope this continues.

“Of course I’ve read the stories about possible signings, but you expect to hear a club like Liverpool is looking to bring in new players. The only response I can make is to stay focused on my game and hope the manager has enough faith in me to keep me playing. It’s up to me, really.

“I know every season I’ve been here when I’ve come back to pre-season we’ll have another signing who can play at left-back or left-wing.

“I’ve been involved in more or less every game and I want that to continue. I want to finish my career here. Everyone knows that and there’s nothing I’d like more than to sign a long-term contract.

“Nothing has happened on that, but there’s no rush because I understand the club has been very busy signing new players.

“I’ve still two years left, so we’ll see what happens.”

well well WELL...:whistle: