You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone so hope he's OK.

That said would it look insensitive if I got down to Westminster Abbey sharpish with a flask of tea and fold up chair and booked my place at the start of the queue? We all remember last time. I don't want to be caught out again.

54 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

This is what I hate we are now in the 2nd hour of endless quotes and sycophantic shite on ITV news,  now I know its news but really 90 minutes .

45 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Having lost family and friends to cancer and seen how they suffered  I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

As a human being I wish him well but the monarchy can fuck off.

Badically this.

as Gnasher said, i wouldnt wish cancer on my worst enemy either. 

so best if luck to the chap, i hope he makes a full recovery. 

im irish, so ive no vested interest in the monarchy. Ive equally no ill feeling towards them either, each to their own. 

He comes across as an ok dude, i actually watched some weird youtube video recently of some scottish mountain bikers that ran into him, while he was walking on a trail up in Scotland, he seemed a courteous fellow, you cant ask for much more than that  

i wish him well

48 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Even more hatred towards us now if we boo him in a few weeks.

Dilemma. Hate what he represents but as mentioned above he is a human being.  I personally hope we rise above the booing but don't sing the anthem.

I'd still boo that anthem: it's not the individuals, it's the institution.

• Upvote 4

Article 2 on the daily mail (I know I can't help myself) is Prince Harry is flying back to be with 'King Charles' and a comments section so fucking vile and spiteful it's beyond evil. 

How about, Son flies home to be by has Fathers side. 

I wish him a full and as painless a recovery as possible. Fuck cancer. I don't like the fella or the monarch but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Watching a loved one die over a period of time knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do to help is as hard as it gets in this life. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Article 2 on the daily mail (I know I can't help myself) is Prince Harry is flying back to be with 'King Charles' and a comments section so fucking vile and spiteful it's beyond evil. 

How about, Son flies home to be by has Fathers side. 

I wish him a full and as painless a recovery as possible. Fuck cancer. I don't like the fella or the monarch but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Watching a loved one die over a period of time knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do to help is as hard as it gets in this life. 

Blimey, James Hewitt is sick as well? 

I wouldn't wish it on anyone but if it's prostate cancer, which seems likely,  it is curable. I can speak from experience. The only problem would be that if it was detected late it could get nasty. With all the fawning by the medical profession over that lot (which we of course pay for) I would think unlikely.

Just an excuse for the rags to drum up sympathy for the parasites.

30 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I wouldn't wish it on anyone but if it's prostate cancer, which seems likely,  it is curable. I can speak from experience. The only problem would be that if it was detected late it could get nasty. With all the fawning by the medical profession over that lot (which we of course pay for) I would think unlikely.

Just an excuse for the rags to drum up sympathy for the parasites.

I think they said it wasn't Prostate related.

Either way, I wish the guy well whilst I care not a jot about the monarchy and the circus that follows it.