You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tea or Coffee

RedinSweden

Tea or Coffee?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Tea or Coffee?

For some reason you can't make a proper cup of English tea here, I think it's the milk so I rely on a lot of Turkish and fruit teas - beautiful if you can get the loose tea or fruits fresh from Istanbul. However the coffee is generally better, almost every office and home makes proper espresso as the base with freshly ground beans. Instant coffee is not done much here.

Ha! That awkward moment when someone asks you for the first time if you want coffee and you have to decide whether they're instant or the real deal

I alternate between tea, proper coffee and George Clooney brain cell killing aluminium pots of extravagance, and instant.  Today I have had two proper cups of coffee and one instant. 

Stringers, you surprise me.

However, however, I must confess to quite liking, in a retro kinda way, drinking instant with milk from a flask if I'm out

Tea. And, since mrs d bought me one of the aforementioned George clooney machines for Christmas, that too. I used to enjoy the whole ritual of making coffee in a cafetiere, but I got bored of it.

I love that. I'm easily pleased

Tea, all day fucking long. Coffee tastes like liquefied cigarettes, unless it's one of those cappuccino or mocha things, then it's just laced with sugar or chocolate. What a load of shite. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No sitting on the fence, chris

The tea of champions.  I'm just about to receive a cup of it now in my luxuriously appointed garden shed, where I am working while looking out on a perfect blue sky.  Fuck.

From a woman dressed only in a pair of  Barbour wellies and her gardening apron?