You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

e-season ticket

Big Noel

Afternoon folks

I'm after a bit of advice on whether this is worth the money. Has anyone bought this? In particular, I want to know what the quality of the live match pictures is like. Is it just like watching tv or is it prone to delays and poor picture quality? A mate in work is thinking of investing in this- so all advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Afternoon folks

I'm after a bit of advice on whether this is worth the money. Has anyone bought this? In particular, I want to know what the quality of the live match pictures is like. Is it just like watching tv or is it prone to delays and poor picture quality? A mate in work is thinking of investing in this- so all advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

They only show pre-season matches live on it and then it's not all friendlies. It's live audio coverage for all other matches. They do have a lot of archived content, highlights and such which is really good.

Live pictures are good.

Also it gives you reasonable coverage of reserve games.

The ballot for tickets can be very useful for the big games if you've got credits for the other games on your fancard.I picked up two Manc and two Everton tickets on it last season.

Think it's probably just about worth it.

The resolution is a bit poor on some of the stuff but it's better than those Japanese streams. I use it for downloading highlights of games I haven't been able to catch.

I've tried their ticket ballot thingy but never been lucky. Will give it a go this season though and see if that changes.

depends what you want it for, and where you are. If you are not in europe you get match streams (might be US only), just noticed you are in cardiff, but i'll leave the info there anyway in case other find it useful.

I personally like it so that i can watch the highlights in work instead of working on a monday morning. the fact that it is cheap makes me think it is worth it, as its not that noticable a cost every month, but i could easily do without it.

Guest FrankH

Its great for highlights of 1st team and reserves and archived stuff. Live stuff isnt great usually. But I'd get it just so you dont have to watch Match of the Day EVER or if you dont have Football First interactive.

I used to have it, but got rid of it cos I was moving abroad. It wasn't great and I didn't miss it to be honest.

Just purchased it again to watch the recent friendly. Started watching the game via Real player and couldn't believe how bad it was. Then at half time I was advised to try WMP and coverage was a lot better.

Haven't used it since, but guess I will when the new season starts.

Hope this helps.

It's good for watching goals again when you're addled brain has deserted you in the middle of a debate on here. Also good for being very anal and watching press conferences - at least you then see exactly what was said without some hack's spin on it.

Steve Hunter's commentary alone is worth the cost of an eseason ticket, and I'm not just saying that because he's a mate.

"and lining up midfield today for the reds, the mighty Salif Diao" Class.

Definately. He's great- the Boy Mellor Arsenal game in 2005 I swear he'd swallowed the microphone whole and was commentating from his diaphram.

They also get some of the old greats as colour men- Jan Molby especially is great. Fairclough has done it as a few others- Barney Rubble, too. Obviously its biased as fuck.

But that's the great thing about the commentary, sure it's great to watch a game and analyze our play, but I love the way he turns every voyage into the opponents half into edge of your seat action. You feel like a kid again when you listen to the Steve Hunter's commentary, like the Red's play every team off the field. None of this being rational guff, when you listen to him you just know our boy can win it whatever the odds.

Think it's probably just about worth it.

The resolution is a bit poor on some of the stuff but it's better than those Japanese streams. I use it for downloading highlights of games I haven't been able to catch.

I've tried their ticket ballot thingy but never been lucky. Will give it a go this season though and see if that changes.

I never realised how fortunate we were over here until I came over last season . We get every single prem game here at no extra cost on our cable channel. I think 90% of our games were shown live and the others were prob a delayed broadcast by an hour or two. The only downside is Gary Bailey is one of the half time chat team.

Guest Brian Stewart

I bought one last season - I was staying in Dorset at the time, and tuned in to Radio Merseyside for the Birmingham game when Robbie came back. Got all the pre-match stuff, then it cut out at kick-off 'For contractual reasons' I think they said. Bought an e-season ticket on a monthly basis so I could listen to midweek non-televised matches then (home at weekends, so went to most games). I definitely recommend it for the commentaries in those circumstances. Archive material is good too, but I'm only on dial-up so streamed content isn't much good.

Fivetimes is a Steve Hunter look-a-like.

And yes, his commentary is quality.

Fucking hell if i look that bad then its time to sort myself out ;)

And how would you know how i look anyway?!?!? Then again, being a count, I am sure you have file on everyone including blood type!

Fucking hell if i look that bad then its time to sort myself out ;)

And how would you know how i look anyway?!?!? Then again, being a count, I am sure you have file on everyone including blood type!

No, just your mystery picture on the TLW gallery. He has a big question mark on his head, too. It's uncanny.

No, just your mystery picture on the TLW gallery. He has a big question mark on his head, too. It's uncanny.

I noticed that too. Do you think Fivetimes is an undercover cop? Or maybe a superhero who isn't yet ready to reveal his alter-ego to the world?*

*Or is he just not very attractive?

I noticed that too. Do you think Fivetimes is an undercover cop? Or maybe a superhero who isn't yet ready to reveal his alter-ego to the world?*

All of the above.

Or the tea lady at Walton prison.

The Count used to use the footy pitches at Walton prison and do ju jitsu there, as well as having lived in the shadow of the wall (on the free side, of course. But are any of us truly free? Especially when this lust for the sangrine is so all consuming). That is one scary place.