You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh. I'm going to get such a kicking from Rushian today.

Just a gentle tickling with the big toe in the end. Your ultra-defensive tactics worked for most of the game:

Massive Attack - Utonium CF

3 (0 - 1) 1

Round 15 in Division 1

The MeijerDome 2007-09-13 12:00

Referee: Michael Steen (S7, H2)

32 0 - 1 Breakaway: Goal scorer was Vitali Dzamikhov assisted by Sean Manwaring

68 Bobby Gayle was booked

74 1 - 1 Shot in the penalty area: Goal scorer was James Bevan assisted by Mark Bagshaw

76 2 - 1 Shot after a corner: Goal scorer was Andrew O´Callaghan assisted by Michal Barnorik

86 3 - 1 Shot in the penalty area: Goal scorer was Andrew O´Callaghan assisted by Mark Bagshaw

Possession: 53 - 47 (59-41)

Chances: 8 - 4 (2-2)

Home - Man Of The Match - Away

Ross Southall Vitali Dzamikhov

Anyway that's the league won with a couple of games to spare - Premiership here we come.

Just a gentle tickling with the big toe in the end. Your ultra-defensive tactics worked for most of the game:

3 (0 - 1) 1

Round 15 in Division 1

74 1 - 1 Shot in the penalty area: Goal scorer was James Bevan assisted by Mark Bagshaw

76 2 - 1 Shot after a corner: Goal scorer was Andrew O´Callaghan assisted by Michal Barnorik

86 3 - 1 Shot in the penalty area: Goal scorer was Andrew O´Callaghan assisted by Mark Bagshaw

Anyway that's the league won with a couple of games to spare - Premiership here we come.

Yeah, got my hopes up for a bit. Was merely cautious though, not ultra-defensive. Wouldn't have done that if I didn't need to play the young'uns - poor planning.

Congrats, that team's been unbelievable this season.

3 (0 - 1) 1

Round 15 in Division 1

Fair play to you mate. Is that consecutive promotions from the bottom division now? You fully deserve it this season.

I'm really wobbling at the moment. Got three 17 year olds who are ace prospects, but need to play in all three remaining games to get a full update. Nice that Wollert lost today.

Ooh, and the bidding for that 16 year old is up to 11.1mill.

Wollert is no threat.. It`s more likely I go down than up.

The most infuriating thing is that my team is so incredibly wasteful in front of goal. Last week I only drew 0-0 against Ron with 8-0 in chances. I took a look back at all games drawn or lost. Of the 8 it was only two draws where the opposition had more chances than me (and even them were close).

The worst of them was my home game against runaway leaders Massive Attack where I totally dominated and outplayed them 10-4 in chances, yet I lost 1-3. And that has been the story of my season. I got lucky away against Utonium when I won 2-1, but other than that I have got fuck all that I havent deserved.

I hate this game.

I'm really not looking forward to Massive Attack being in the Premiership, nor Utonium.

Massive Attack rule hard. They were a class above the rest of us in Div 1. I am 4 points clear of the drop zone with 3 matches to play. The last match could well be a decider as I am meeting Carradonna who are below me. They play ron and should take 3 points. I'm shitting it still.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I think I secured promotion to Div 2 today, if my dodgy arithmetic is correct.

Smashing.

You did, congratulations Champ, much deserved, you have been by far and away the best team in the bowels this season and have swept all before you.

Liverpool Sweden are there and thereabouts now the business end of the season is here. My lot are looking abit ramshackle and ragbag now...the season is taking its toll on a small squad. My defence have been magnificent this season, but the midfield and forward line needs major surgery. If I can end up 4th, I will be pleased.

Nice job Weeksie pal, I'm made up for you....and I've got you at home next in the league, so if you could play the kids and the dross, I'd be most appreciative like....

You did, congratulations Champ, much deserved, you have been by far and away the best team in the bowels this season and have swept all before you.

Liverpool Sweden are there and thereabouts now the business end of the season is here. My lot are looking abit ramshackle and ragbag now...the season is taking its toll on a small squad. My defence have been magnificent this season, but the midfield and forward line needs major surgery. If I can end up 4th, I will be pleased.

Nice job Weeksie pal, I'm made up for you....and I've got you at home next in the league, so if you could play the kids and the dross, I'd be most appreciative like....

Thanks Paddy mate. The Sweden lot look menacing now, be a fucker for you and the other boys who have been challenging all season to lose out on promotion to them.

Hopefully I wont see you next season Weeksie but theres a fair chance we'll cross streams. Congrats. Is Malarkey still rubbish in your league?

3 game left for you is it Nick? Div 2 wide open I'd say, so I hope we dont meet.

Yeah, Malark is shite but he inherited possibly the worst team in the world. He'll be challenging next season.

Fair play to you mate. Is that consecutive promotions from the bottom division now? You fully deserve it this season.

It would be for me if it happens.

I'm really not looking forward to Massive Attack being in the Premiership, nor Utonium.

I'm at the point now where the main players are getting on a bit, although El Rojo's shown that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's almost impossible to buy stop gap players now though, so a lot of teams are going to have a big age gap between their senior players and prospects.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Thanks Paddy mate. The Sweden lot look menacing now, be a fucker for you and the other boys who have been challenging all season to lose out on promotion to them.

I'm resigned to it now pal. I had 2 consecutive kicks in the bollocks which totally scuppered my chances. Fuckwits who are 2 points in front of me in 2nd place spawned a 92nd minute winner at mine and last week Popeless did me with an 86th minute winner. If those 2 games had yielded the 2 points we deserved then promotion would still be in my own hands.....we aren't good enough though, so this season is a learning curve and hopefully with 2 or 3 astute signings we can comeback stronger next season.

Liverpool Sweden should have been there all season with the talent and strength that squad has....and most of them are only kids.

Congrats, that team's been unbelievable this season.

Yep second promotion on the trot. Think it helped that I just missed promotion by finishing third for two seasons in a row so was in generally good form and it helped on the season updates. Not sure why the team has won so many this season as the squad isn't better than Wollerts, The Ments, Utonium etc.

Think I'll get twatted next season though.

The premisership is getting acier by the season now, it's really starting to get competitive and the league system is getting shaped into something close to realistic in terms of the quality by division. I've been following MA closely for a few seasons now and they look really good.

The premisership is getting acier by the season now, it's really starting to get competitive and the league system is getting shaped into something close to realistic in terms of the quality by division. I've been following MA closely for a few seasons now and they look really good.

It is a good league, the Bastards looked like being unbeatable but RK's Knights have had a cracking season. I'm very pleased with my own season so far, good position and I've brought on a few youngsters too.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Damn and blast, got bummed to buggery and back in the VIP league by Remmie and his team of shitty shirted bastards and then RiS bummed me in the Kremlin league. Not a good start to the week.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Torn apart in the VIP league, but ... 3 points in the Kremlin; wtf?

Hell yeah, if I was the coach of Sandanista FC, I would hanging my head in shame this morning..... Bummed 3-1 by the MadstcokVostock cubs.

I'm fucking mad with myself...on paper, away to RiS was my hardest league game of the season in the Kremlin, so I altered my tactics to be cautious and not give much away and got done by 2 late goals against all my instincts. If I had just done what I always do with the Red Star team and gone out and attacked and crushed him, I would have been nicely clear at the top.....bollocks.