You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cisse has not travelled to Sunderland

Spy Bee

Will someone please put me out of my misery.

And don't get Rash to bore me to death about Crouch please I beg you. I am at all your mercy, I have lost the will to live.

I lost the will to live on page 1... but my spirit is trapped between here and the heavens... so I'm able to keep on typing ..... Only when Rash backs down and acknowledges someone elses point of view, will I be at peace :D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this right Dave, Liverpool Football Club - the most successful club ever in England - want a base their whole system around Peter Crouch - a non scoring striker?

This is tedious, it really is. Your previous comments on Heskey hold no water for me any more Dave, especially as even Heskey is probably a better player than Crouch.

Also why can't the European Cup be used as a positive when everyoe does it on here all day long. E.g. Hermes is slapped down every time he mentions 5th place.

We aren't basing our system around Peter Crouch. Benitez wants to play a certain way, he looked around for a striker who could do the job he wanted his striker to do and decided on Crouch. It's not fucking rocket science and I can't believe I'm having to explain this to an adult.

I'm not even dignifying the Heskey comment with a reply, but it breaks my heart that my opinions no longer hold water with you.

And who said the European Cup wasn't a positive? You said that because Rafa won the CL with Cisse and Baros, that we didn't need a different type of striker to them. I pointed out that we finished fifth in the league, so clearly we did need something different.

That's my last word on this, as you're boring me to tears now.

Yeah, and we all thought this syndrome would go away when Gerrard made it clear that he was a red. Tell you what; when January is over and Crouch has scored his 10th goal for us, we will still have these threads but with a different scapegoat.

Got to be Kewell or Garcia. Fancy players have no room in the premiership. ;)

We aren't basing our system around Peter Crouch. Benitez wants to play a certain way, he looked around for a striker who could do the job he wanted his striker to do and decided on Crouch. It's not fucking rocket science and I can't believe I'm having to explain this to an adult.

I'm not even dignifying the Heskey comment with a reply, but it breaks my heart that my opinions no longer hold water with you.

And who said the European Cup wasn't a positive? You said that because Rafa won the CL with Cisse and Baros, that we didn't need a different type of striker to them. I pointed out that we finished fifth in the league, so clearly we did need something different.

That's my last word on this, as you're boring me to tears now.

And he's boring everyone else to tears as well ... can I just use his :wallbutt: on behalf of all the other posters in this thread? I can? Thanks :wallbutt:

If Cisse played as the main striker 17 games consecutively, do you think he would score a few? We have scored 13 in the leaghe this season, I think we would have more if he played all the games. So the answer is YES, Cisse would be my main striker having considered the lads whom he is competing against.

Cisse has scored 3 goals in the League from 8 starts and 4 more coming off the bench

1 a penalty, 1 a fluke (ok a cross) the other a genuine goal

There is nothing to suggest that in the Premier League he would be a consistant goalscorer

Cisse has scored 3 goals in the League from 8 starts and 4 more coming off the bench

1 a penalty, 1 a fluke (ok a cross) the other a genuine goal

There is nothing to suggest that in the Premier League he would be a consistant goalscorer

Exactly, i've seen absolutely nothing in him to suggest he can be a good goalscorer for us. He had a good run upfront last season before his injury and was very poor, he's played plenty of games this season and isnt doing it where it matters, its a shame we dont play TNS and Kaunas each week because he'd be great. If he isnt scoring goals which he doesnt really look like doing in the League then he offers absolutely nothing, at least if Crouch, Morientes and even Pongolle arent scoring they offer things to the team.

DJIBRIL CISSE has been dropped from Liverpool's squad for tonight's match at Sunderland.

And the decision looks to be a punishment for his reaction to being substituted at Manchester City on Saturday.

The French striker was not with the travelling party which left for Sunderland yesterday - and he is not injured.

Cisse reacted badly to being substituted at the City of Manchester Stadium soon after half-time. He pulled faces as he left the pitch and made gestures as he took his place in the dug-out behind Benitez.

And boss Rafa Benitez made it clear in his pre-match address yesterday that he would not tolerate players questioning his judgement.

Despite insisting he had no problems with Cisse, he issued a thinly veiled warning to any temperamental players when he declared: "I must make decisions because I am the manager. I decide who is the best player for each game, and sometimes I need to change a player during a match. I decide."

Cisse seems to have paid the price for his behaviour - and Benitez's decision must also cast doubt on the player's future at Anfield.

Marseille want to sign the striker in the January transfer window, and if they make an appealing enough offer Benitez could be tempted.

Aye, ready, aye. I always look for a nugget in these 150+ threads, because there usually is one in there that'll make you laugh.

However, Cisse is petulant and is clearly not a Rafa-type player. Rafa never would have signed him for 14M. Crouch is a Rafa-type player, and will score goals. The team is not being molded around Crouch, the team is being molded around Rafa and the type of tactics/system that he sees will bring us success. He's obviously learnt from last year, as we've just won two on the trot away from home with a decent shout to make it three.

Does this squad look like a cohesive unit? I think it is becoming a team in the true sense of the word, and Crouch is a team player more than Cisse and Baros.

Aye, ready, aye. I always look for a nugget in these 150+ threads, because there usually is one in there that'll make you laugh.

However, Cisse is petulant and is clearly not a Rafa-type player. Rafa never would have signed him for 14M. Crouch is a Rafa-type player, and will score goals. The team is not being molded around Crouch, the team is being molded around Rafa and the type of tactics/system that he sees will bring us success. He's obviously learnt from last year, as we've just won two on the trot away from home with a decent shout to make it three.

Does this squad look like a cohesive unit? I think it is becoming a team in the true sense of the word, and Crouch is a team player more than Cisse and Baros.

Common sense that has, alas, come too late in the day to save this thread.

Yes we won the European Cup. We also finished below Everton in the league because we were so shit away from home. It needed to change, and it has.

Surely you're not being serious with your 'what does fit the system mean' comment. If you don't understand that some players are better suited to certain styles of play that the manager wants to use, then you really are as ignorant as some on here say you are.

And yeah, Cisse really merits comparison with one of the greatest strikers the game has ever seen. Strewth.

Unfortunately some people will never get it will they?

Yeah, we're all going to believe the TLW equivalent of Robert Maxwell over Steve who actually does know what is going on at Liverpool FC.

FFS you can't even get spell Liverpool Football Club correctly.

Kopite, your’re a cunt. But a lovable one. Make me laugh a lot except when your barb is aimed at me. ;)

Rafa wants PLAYERS simple as that. He'd have never bought Cisse off his own bat, especially not for 14 million. Crouch is clearly a 'player' as is Morientes. Also, im sure he will buy more of an out and out striker at some point but they are going to have to be a great all round player too. Not just a sprinter with a good strike (most of the time). I like Cisse but its not going to work obviously. There doesnt seem like there is enough going on upstairs. Doesnt seem like the type to really listen to whats being said to him by Rafa and im sure thats cost him as much as anything. Someone like Finnan being the other end of the scale, is obviously the kind of player Rafa loves.

Will someone please put me out of my misery.

And don't get Rash to bore me to death about Crouch please I beg you. I am at all your mercy, I have lost the will to live.

Same goes for me, I can't take it anymore either.

My last wish is for Tom R to shoot me in the face. Please.