You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quarter of a billion pound shit-houses.

Paul

Sorry if there are other threads on this, but having just got back I need to have a rant. Chelsea are a fucking disgrace to the name "Champions". They've spent just about £250m on a squad that comes to Anfield without a single ounce of attacking intent. We dominated that game from start to finish and if we'd had even a hint of width, they'd have been humiliated.

After that performance tonight, and what I've seen elsewhere of us this season, I'm convinced we should blow whatever budget we have left on one shit hot winger. I am talking John Barnes quality, mind. If we can get one real top player on one flank who can cross, score and create, then we've got plenty of others who can slot in on the opposite side and offer something different.

I know we need cover at the back and arguably a goal scorer, but I'd fuck them off until the summer because that team tonight plus Joaquin for Cisse (for example) would be the bollocks. Djimi can play at centre half if needed, and Cisse and Morientes will do up front until the end of the season (if they don't come good in the meantime - which I'm not ruling out).

I'm convinced that Crouch will become a hugely important player for us if he can only have a couple more options. His touch, vision and composure are superb and he's really intelligent with the ball, hardly ever losing possession.

If we play like that for the rest of the season, adding a real quality wide player in Jan, we can go for the title. I hope a few other sides were watching those cowardly fuckers tonight, because they are very beatable.

Come on you Reds!!!

I think Crouch did alright but I'd prefer him to come off the bench than be our main striker, he has had a run of games now, a run that Cisse never seems to get. Crouch is becoming Rafa's Heskey.

As for the rest Paul, I agree, a world class winger and we are there.

Sorry Rashid, but I don't agree at all. Crouch has been excellent. we need need players closer to him. He is far better than Heskey.

Behave lad, I just think Cisse could do with the same run that Crouch has been given UP FRONT. Crouch has yet to have a shot on goal has he? He has done well for us IMO but I just think we need more of a goal threat.

Cisse had a run upfront last season and didnt do a lot but how quickly you forget that to suit your argument eh?

Agree with Paul, one decent winger and we would have beaten Chelsea tonight, and MU as well, hope that the rumours have some foundation and that Jaoquin or someone of his calibre is on the way, but in the mean time the answer might still come from Harry Kewell, if the real HK that was seen at Leeds, and his early Liverpool career can climb out from underneath the waste of space that malingered on the left wing last season then we will be there or thereabouts come May.

Comparing Crouch with Heskey is nonsense.

I Ronaldinho was flicking it over peoples heads and controlling anything from any height everyone would drool themselves to death. He does not offer a lot of goal threat but people aren't playing thier part and getting past him.

Some of the football tonight was terrific. Another glimpse of what could become a regularity.

I Ronaldinho was flicking it over peoples heads and controlling anything from any height everyone would drool themselves to death. He does not offer a lot of goal threat but people aren't playing thier part and getting past him.

Some of the football tonight was terrific. Another glimpse of what could become a regularity.

Exactly. If he was six foot people would be creaming. He is a cracking player

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!! Please don't turn this thread into a slanging match Rash. Tonight was a real vindication of the direction Rafa's taking us in. I know we're not quite there, but we're only one player away, as far as I'm concerned. Keep it positive, eh?

quite right

garcia was so wasteful tonight I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing. alonso is miles away from his form of last year.

in other words, we dominated chelsea and can still be a lot better, especially in posession. bring a winger into the mix, and I feel very optimistic

quite right

garcia was so wasteful tonight I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing. alonso is miles away from his form of last year.

in other words, we dominated chelsea and can still be a lot better, especially in posession. bring a winger into the mix, and I feel very optimistic

I thought Alonso was very good.

quite right

Exactly, a below par Liverpool dominated last years league winners, who are on form, and who had their strongets team out, this bodes well.

I thought Alonso was very good.

for me that underlines how much I rate that man. He lost posession twice in defence, one time he got booked for pulling back essien, the second time he was lucky not to get sent off when pulling back Fatty, who naturally made a meal of it. both times the opposition could easily have scored.

he misplaced passes on several occasions when we were on the break, allowing chelsea to counter.

he battled hard and deserves credit for that, but Xabi Alonso is way better than what we saw of him tonight

Crouch was very good at holding the ball up with his back to goal, as he has been all season. The problem is that by the time he has turned and gotten into the box the cross has already fizzed past him. I'd love to see him get a run alongside Cisse as I reckon they'd be an excellent combination, and Crouchy would have less of a burden to carry up front which would maybe allow him to break his duck sooner rather than later.

for me that underlines how much I rate that man. He lost posession twice in defence, one time he got booked for pulling back essien, the second time he was lucky not to get sent off when pulling back Fatty, who naturally made a meal of it. both times the opposition could easily have scored.

he misplaced passes on several occasions when we were on the break, allowing chelsea to counter.

he battled hard and deserves credit for that, but Xabi Alonso is way better than what we saw of him tonight

Alonso was better in the tackle than passing tonight. His committment is second to none, though and I'm sure his passing will sort out, hopefully Sunday.