You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Djibril to leave the club?

Strontium

Do you want Djibril Cisse to leave the club?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Djibril Cisse to leave the club?

• Yes, regardless of whether or not we get Owen - Cisse isn't good enough
    • Yes, but only if we are able to replace him with Owen
    • No, I don't want to see Djibril leave Liverpool under any circumstances right now

Cisse wants to stay at Liverpool

French international striker Djibril Cisse insisted he wanted to stay at Liverpool and was not aware of a possible loan deal with Monaco.

"I don't want to leave Liverpool," Cisse said Tuesday at the training ground of the French national team here, calling the fresh rumours of a loan deal "annoying".

"First of all it was Newcastle, then Marseille and today Monaco," he said. "Maybe the two clubs have spoken but I'm not up to speed on it.

"Without being disrespectful to anyone, Monaco is not my first choice. I've never hidden the fact that 'my club' in France is Marseille.

"If I have to return to the French League, it will be at Marseille, a club that's always been close to my heart."

A Marseille official told AFP on Monday, however, that they were no longer interested in signing the 24-year-old who has won 17 caps for France.

"We didn't really get in on the act because we believe Cisse was loaned to Monaco on Monday for a sum of around four million euros," the source said.

Monaco denied this but their vice-president Gerard Brianti did admit they would be interested in signing the player.

But Cisse said that during talks with Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, "a departure has never been brought up".

"In my head I'm staying at Liverpool. I've got three years to run on my contract and I'm not going to panic. Afterwards, it depends on what the club wants to do."

Cisse, scorer of 15 goals in 39 appearances for Liverpool since joining from Auxerre in 2004, would not be eligible to play for Monaco in the UEFA Cup should he join them because he has already played in the Champions League this term.

After being told striker Michael Owen was on the verge of joining Newcastle from Real Madrid and not Liverpool, Cisse said: "That doesn't mean it's good for me."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Cisse said that during talks with Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, "a departure has never been brought up".

"In my head I'm staying at Liverpool. I've got three years to run on my contract and I'm not going to panic. Afterwards, it depends on what the club wants to do."

So Rafa never talked about selling him?

Surprise surprise. Wasn't it Owen's mate in The Times who claimed Rafa was trying to offload him?

Agenda, agenda...