Quantcast
Israel - A Rant - Page 37 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Rashid

Israel - A Rant

I see one of the first things that newly elected fascist twat in Brazil has committed to do is to move the Brazilian embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Him and Trump are just like two peas in a pod.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-embassy-israel-tel-aviv-jerusalem-middle-east-palestine-a8614066.html

Hooray for Hollywood!

https://themindunleashed.com/2018/11/hollywood-stars-60-million-israeli-army.html?fbclid=IwAR1E0BkGlxb5-hhQnyiChf-tped_-E4zw0Sjp3uwW5XEx_4yA_EXYyK75XM

hollywood-israeli-army-768x400.jpg

Hollywood celebrities raised a record breaking $60 million for the Israeli military at the Friends of the Israel Defence Forces (FIDF) annual gala last week.

This year’s sold-out Western Region event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel welcomed more than 1,200 supporters of Israel, including prominent actors and singers like Ashton Kutcher, Pharrell Williams, Gerard Butler, and Katharine McPhee.“We are thrilled that so many members of our community, including major Hollywood figures, are coming together to help us support the brave men and women of the [Israeli army].” said FIDF National Board Member and Chairman of the event, Haim Saban. “Standing behind these heroes is one of my greatest honours in my life.”

The event featured a programme that told the 70-year history of Israel through the accounts of soldiers and the military’s various campaigns against the Palestinians.

It also included several contributions from former and current Israeli soldiers.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Hooray for Hollywood!

https://themindunleashed.com/2018/11/hollywood-stars-60-million-israeli-army.html?fbclid=IwAR1E0BkGlxb5-hhQnyiChf-tped_-E4zw0Sjp3uwW5XEx_4yA_EXYyK75XM

hollywood-israeli-army-768x400.jpg

Hollywood celebrities raised a record breaking $60 million for the Israeli military at the Friends of the Israel Defence Forces (FIDF) annual gala last week.

This year’s sold-out Western Region event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel welcomed more than 1,200 supporters of Israel, including prominent actors and singers like Ashton Kutcher, Pharrell Williams, Gerard Butler, and Katharine McPhee.“We are thrilled that so many members of our community, including major Hollywood figures, are coming together to help us support the brave men and women of the [Israeli army].” said FIDF National Board Member and Chairman of the event, Haim Saban. “Standing behind these heroes is one of my greatest honours in my life.”

The event featured a programme that told the 70-year history of Israel through the accounts of soldiers and the military’s various campaigns against the Palestinians.

It also included several contributions from former and current Israeli soldiers.

I'd be a bit wary of going inside a hotel while there were Israeli armed forces floating around...

6 hours ago, cloggypop said:

*adds Ashton Kutcher films to the Soda Stream cultural embargo list*

Along with dates.

It was easier to feel pious during the boycotts against South African Apartheid, because we were refusing to buy stuff we otherwise might buy.

At the level of individual purchases, support for the BDS movement feels a bit hypothetical. 

Ashton Kutcher, Pharrell Williams, Gerard Butler, and Katharine McPhee.

A real who’s who of C Listers there.

Cunts, fucking sickening, apparently there's quite a number of celebrities (term used loosely) who pay for stuff like kevlar vests for the IDF from their own pockets, makes me want to heave!

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Along with dates.

It was easier to feel pious during the boycotts against South African Apartheid, because we were refusing to buy stuff we otherwise might buy.

At the level of individual purchases, support for the BDS movement feels a bit hypothetical. 

Sabra hummus is boss

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Yeah. He can fuck right off if he thinks I'm buying Killer next time he releases it. 

So in 2010 he performs for the Despot in Chechnya for half a million dollars, and says to “ leave me out of politics “ when pulled on it. He’s a one.

The Israeli hypocrisy is strong with this one. If you even try to approach Israel's borders, you get shot. Yet, the war criminals send a hit squad into Gaza. Given their indifference to Palestinian lives, I guess the Israeli nationalist leaning press and population will be saying that it's this soldiers own fault for infiltrating foreign territory? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1061760058399383554

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Israeli hypocrisy is strong with this one. If you even try to approach Israel's borders, you get shot. Yet, the war criminals send a hit squad into Gaza. Given their indifference to Palestinian lives, I guess the Israeli nationalist leaning press and population will be saying that it's this soldiers own fault for infiltrating foreign territory? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1061760058399383554

It's OK, though.  Those killings were, according to the BBC, non-violent killings: the violence only started after  the killings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46185653

BBC Gaza Violence.jpg

On 11/9/2018 at 12:02 AM, AngryofTuebrook said:

Hooray for Hollywood!

This year’s sold-out Western Region event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel welcomed more than 1,200 supporters of Israel, including prominent actors and singers like Ashton Kutcher, Pharrell Williams, Gerard Butler, and Katharine McPhee.

Gerard Butler's house has been destroyed in wildfires.

_104274732_ea462625-cc6e-4516-aef2-5be2f

The world's smallest violin was discovered in the rubble.

Edit - That face looks familiar, though...

Netanyahu must be thirsty and running low on the blood of Palestinian children. They're itching for their every 2 or 3 year slaughterfest. They're doing their best to create the environment/pretext for it with last nights shocking acts, followed by making out like they're the victims when Hamas partake in retaliatory rocket fire. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Gerard Butler's house has been destroyed in wildfires.

_104274732_ea462625-cc6e-4516-aef2-5be2f

The world's smallest violin was discovered in the rubble.

Edit - That face looks familiar, though...

Hahaha. Unlucky lad. Shame it wasn't a bulldozer. 

Incidentally, I think any terminology that invokes images of Jews being thirsty for the blood of children is, y'know, best avoided.

Other terminology is available.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Incidentally, I think any terminology that invokes images of Jews being thirsty for the blood of children is, y'know, best avoided.

Isn't bloodthirsty a widely used term, used to describe somebody who exhibits a strong desire to kill - meaning murderous etc? 

I think it's entirely appropriate to use such a term to describe the thug that is Netanyahu. 

On another note, I'm genuinely amused that somebody is still reading my posts and temper negging them. Appeasers gonna appease...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Isn't bloodthirsty a widely used term, used to describe somebody who exhibits a strong desire to kill - meaning murderous etc? 

I think it's entirely appropriate to use such a term to describe the thug that is Netanyahu. 

True.  But then there's other context that just ends up undermining and detracting from the point you're trying to make.

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You make it seem as if it was innocent or accidental.

He knows what he's doing.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You make it seem as if it was innocent or accidental.

He knows what he's doing.

Benefit of the doubt.

It's quite astounding that we're getting a bit tetchy that a war criminal who has approximately 5,000 (a very conservative estimate) Palestinian deaths on his hands since he came to power in 2009 is being described as bloodthirsty. 

No mention of jews. No mention of kidnapping and murdering of Christian children. No mention of blood being used in religious rituals. 

We've been here before. Haterz gonna cry wolf...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, this gaslighting stuff relies largely upon plausible deniability. But eventually the doubt runs out. There must be a million ways to criticise Israel without invoking the drinking of children's blood. I just ignore it now, eventually these types go too far and say something in front of the wrong people.

• Downvote 1