You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Cunt of a performance that. We were so flat. Absolutely no intensity. There's no real positives to take from it. It would have been easy to sub half the team at half time. Special mentions for endo, konate and Jones for that first half. 2nd half was not much better. Robbo was decent throughout. Trent tried to inject pace, but he was rusty as fuck and I think trying too hard to force it. There wasn't really any positive aside from that. 

Pretty much agree with that. Although Gakpo was good when he came on. 

The movement today was shite. Jones for Elliott seemed the best swap on half-time. Dom hasn't looked on it, and wasn't gonna be the differentiator.

What’s so annoying is I think it’s a reasonable assumption City will eventually be either given a retrospective massive points deduction or kicked out of the league so either us or AFC will end up being nominated as champions albeit in about years time. Alternatively City are found not guilty and Everton, Forest appeal and it drags on for years. Until that issue is resolved, this is all a phoney war so even if City win it will be a pyrrhic victory. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

What’s so annoying is I think it’s a reasonable assumption City will eventually be either given a retrospective massive points deduction or kicked out of the league so either us or AFC will end up being nominated as champions albeit in about years time. Alternatively City are found not guilty and Everton, Forest appeal and it drags on for years. Until that issue is resolved, this is all a phoney war so even if City win it will be a pyrrhic victory. 

Neither of those things are happening, there’s more chance of Nunez putting away every single chance he gets than City getting punished in any way that actually hurts them. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

More chance of us lifting the league against wolves

10 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Pretty much agree with that. Although Gakpo was good when he came on. 

The movement today was shite. Jones for Elliott seemed the best swap on half-time. Dom hasn't looked on it, and wasn't gonna be the differentiator.

Gakpo wasn't great but he was ok for me. I thought we brought Dom on to try and aid with the pressing. Salah wasn't even trying to cut passing lanes, he was completely passive without the ball..and Dom can sometimes be almost 2 players. It didn't work though, because we couldn't keep groups of players close enough together to make an effective press. 

The defence is getting off lightly imo, given how badly the attack has been.

Virgil most of all. To be fair Robbo and Ali were very good today.

I can accept Jota's miss. It's unlike him. The others though if you took them on a one of game, but it's multiple games where they are wasteful. A few days ago, I critiqued Haaland as being a great striker/mediocre player...what I wouldn't give for that right now. With the level of chances we create, any half decent finisher could get 30 goals. Mo is goosed. If we get a decent offer this summer, just take it. You see a player like Watkins and what he brings to Villa. He's consistently been top class for them. He might not be Mo of two years ago, but I'm very sure if we had a player like him (especially with Jota out in recent weeks), we'd be top of the league. 

Got to be honest Emery is a very good manager. If we haven't a deal boxed off for anyone, I'd be seriously tempted by him. He knows the league and that's an advantage. Yeah, he's not Jurgen, but who is.

• Upvote 1

There was a real desperation in our play after we conceded, at this stage we really shouldn't be giving teams a goal start.

The midfield and defence was shocking for the goal with Mac doing a Hendo wandering in no man's land impersonation...something he does quite a lot

39 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Fuck all will happen to City in any meaningful time period.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, niallers said:

If you're old enough, and i am, to remember the 96/97 season. It was ourselves and united going for the league and united lost at home to Derby 2.3 and we had Coventry, similar level to Palace today, at home and we went 1 up through fowler but lost 2 from corners and lost the game.

Very similar feeling i have now better arsenals loss today.

However, the cheating cunts are the real winners.

Who said crime doesn't pay.

This last week has just felt like the sort of week that happened at the business end of seasons under Roy Evans. Didn't we also have a 0-3 first leg defeat in Europe against PSG in the same season you're talking about? I seem to recall David James having a couple of screw ups in that game as well as multiple errors in important league games. 

4 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

A good post in a shower of shit ones.

All the injuries and the congested fixture list has predictably caught up with us.

We’ve overachieved this season, and now watch a big portion of our supporters behave exactly like the fuming muppet bluenose supporters we enjoy laughing at. 

Well done Klopp for taking us further than what anyone could or should expect this season, you didnt manage to complete the miracle. We’re still so glad you’re a Red. YNWA.

Exactly how I feel, can’t rep sorry, We’ve been so lucky to live the Jurgen era : trophies, exciting football, passion, emotions. Danke, Boss !

15 minutes ago, mike23 said:

This last week has just felt like the sort of week that happened at the business end of seasons under Roy Evans. Didn't we also have a 0-3 first leg defeat in Europe against PSG in the same season you're talking about? I seem to recall David James having a couple of screw ups in that game as well as multiple errors in important league games. 

Yeah, this was peak james and his PlayStation non concentration in games phase. He used to drop a clanger every time united rolled up round that time.

22 minutes ago, mike23 said:

Yep. First leg he had a couple of howlers and we lost 3-0 the second leg at home we won 2-0 and nearly scored to draw level. Ultimately all in vain. Lost at home to Coventry as well after beating Newcastle in the 4-3 game. 

We aren't mentality monsters anymore under Klopp unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

IMG_3756.gif

I find it fascinating that people think I care about if they say Salah has a good or bad game, most of the time I laugh at them and think what a clueless idiot.