You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Manager Poll (Sans Alonso)

Next Liverpool Manager  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Next Liverpool Manager

• Ruben Amorim
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Julian Nagelsmann
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Marco Silva
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Michel Sanchez
    • Unai Emery
    • Vitor Pereira
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Julen Lopetegui
    • Simone Inzaghi
    • Graham Potter
    • Other (Specify in comments)

13 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The last appointment was between Klopp and Ancelotti. 2 world class managers with proven winning records. 

It’s completely different this time as there are no stand out candidates. 

Comparing the two situations is pointless mate. 

The standout candidate (Alonso) doesn’t want the job.

On 17/04/2024 at 17:06, Tony Moanero said:

The standout candidate (Alonso) doesn’t want the job.

After seeing these players completely shit themselves over the past 2 weeks I wouldn't be leaving Leverkusen to come here either. 

Maybe Nagelsmann has heard who we’ve already decided or agreed a deal with and he isn’t it.

Coincidentally, I was also wondering what prospective coaches would be thinking about our recent form, if we haven’t already tied someone down of course.

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

Maybe Nagelsmann has heard who we’ve already decided or agreed a deal with and he isn’t it.

Coincidentally, I was also wondering what prospective coaches would be thinking about our recent form, if we haven’t already tied someone down of course.

Sporting probably did better over the two legs against Atalanta than we did. On about a tenth of the budget.

Alonso wouldn’t have joined us in 2004 if Real had been interested in him, and he won’t be our manager until such time as he’s already been given a go with Real. 

I reckon we’d be fourth in the list of favourite clubs he played for, given that one was his hometown club and he won most of what he dreamed of with the other two. 

• Upvote 1

Alonso is the type of mate who you love being around but one day you stumble into the bogs at a festival and he's fingering your missus. 

I've got no real affinity for the bloke, this I didn't want him as manager. 

I'm still on the Gerrard train. This isn't a paper exercise, and at the same age Klopp wasn't a great manager, he was making mistakes and learning.  Some of you wouldn't have looked twice at Klopp back when we appointed Rodgers.  

I mean, look at Kenny, considering where we were in our status what the fuck were we doing appointing a player manager? 

All I know is that Gerrard would slam a door on his cock to win things with us, and that's good enough for me. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Alonso is the type of mate who you love being around but one day you stumble into the bogs at a festival and he's fingering your missus. 

I'm still on the Gerrard train. This isn't a paper exercise, and at the same age Klopp wasn't a great manager, he was making mistakes and learning.  Some of you wouldn't have looked twice at Klopp back when we appointed Rodgers.  

I mean, look at Kenny, considering where we were in our status what the fuck were we doing appointing a player manager? 

All I know is that Gerrard would slam a door on his cock to win things with us, and that's good enough for me. 

Thread Killer.

10 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Gerrard would have slammed the door on his cock to win a league with us as a player. And he was actually good at playing football. If that's your only criteria for manager, pretty much any of us are in with a shout. 

• Upvote 1

From what I’ve read on him Slot seems like a really good coach at Eredivisie level. I have no idea whether that means he’d be a good coach in the Premier League. I doubt anyone could say for sure, same for Amorim.

He’s quite similar to Amorim in some respects. He won the league with Feyenoord, who are basically the third club in the Netherlands, and his players absolutely love him. But he has won fewer trophies than Amorim, played less European football, and the Eredivisie is an even worse standard than the Primeira Liga.