You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Feb 17-20 2024)

image.jpeg

For the second time this season Man City were unable to beat Chelsea. The last time they met was 4-4 but this wasn’t as dramatic. Chelsea probably should have won as they took City to the cleaners on the counter attack several times but only made it pay once, when Sterling send Walker for the Manchester Evening News and curled one in against his former club.

He sort of celebrated but also sort of didn’t. The gaps in behind City were begging to be exploited and Sterling and Jackson got in behind regularly, with Palmer pulling the strings behind them. He was fucking ridiculous and it’s genuinely hard to comprehend why City would let him go. I know I’ve referenced this before, but seriously, what’s gone on there? Local lad, came through the Academy, is clearly fucking brilliant but they sold him to a fellow “Sly Six” club. It has to be some kind of FFP dodge as you just don’t do that. It’d be like us suddenly deciding to sell Curtis to Spurs. It’s weird.

Anyway, he was the best player on the pitch but he was booed by City fans. They booed James Milner though so that says it all. Sterling almost made it 2-0 but was denied by the boot of Ederson. Had that gone in City were not coming back and it was the pivotal moment in the game.

City had created some good chances but the blowfish was uncharacteristically wasteful. Not for the first time this season Rodri came to their rescue when he equalised with seven minutes left. Thankfully they didn’t spawn a late winner, despite them trying to cry in a penalty appeal when a loose ball landed on the hand of Colwill. Never a pen in a million years.

Chelsea were good value for the point but City took in the good grace we’ve come to expect. Guardiola throwing wobblers on the touchline at every decision they didn’t get and then Rodri going on TV afterwards to complain about the ref and VAR giving “so many” big decisions against them. Then that petulant cunt Haaland shoved the camera away at the end. The camera man should have fucking launched the camera into his stupid bloated fucking face, the cheeky ugly cunt.

Absolute fucking cunts. Entitled cunts. So used to getting their own way they convince themselves they should get every decision and when they don’t they stamp their oil soaked cheating feet. I despise everything about these cunts. A million times more than I’ve ever hated United. Guardiola is somehow an even bigger cunt than Ferguson ever was, as impossible as that would have been to believe at one point.

What were they kicking off about after this? The absolute nonsense penalty shout against Colwill and an even worse shout when Walker fouled Sterling and tried to claim a penalty for himself. That was one of the most egregious bits of cheating I’ve seen all season. Not so much that he tried to buy the penalty by initiating contact, but the way they all reacted when Andy Madley wasn’t fooled and correctly gave the free-kick to Chelsea.

They’re the fucking worst. I hate every single one of them. Every player. The manager. Every coach. Every cunt in the press office. The owners. The board. The tea lady. The kit man. The bus driver. The sad cunt DJ who introduces the players to the couple of dozen forty something single mums hanging around hoping Kyle Walker might ask if he can sniff their knickers…. basically everyone and everything connected with them. The worst thing to ever happen to football in this country. CUNTS.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

Excellent write up Dave! The frequency of the word 'cunt' when describing City cannot be overused. Assuming Bayern nab Alonso (which I don't want to assume but kinda do), what would your thoughts be if FSG appointed Rob Edwards as Jurgen's successor?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RogMan2804 said:

Excellent write up Dave! The frequency of the word 'cunt' when describing City cannot be overused. Assuming Bayern nab Alonso (which I don't want to assume but kinda do), what would your thoughts be if FSG appointed Rob Edwards as Jurgen's successor?

I would need to see a whole lot more from him than we have so far. So I'd be fuming. At this point I'd rather have Gary O'Neil and maybe one day he'll prove that he's up to it, but he's a million miles away too. This is the best job in the world right now as everything is already in place and it just needs someone to come in and concentrate on coaching. We should be able to get whoever we want, so if we end up with someone that angers us as fans then we've fucked up massively.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RogMan2804 said:

Incredibly he neglected to call that cunt Kompany a cunt!

• Upvote 1

The soft (or plain wrong yellow - see Jota, Konate, plenty of others) followed by a subsequent, valid, yellow is increasingly distorting results and is becoming a big issue. Blame the player all you like but that’s simplistic and avoids the real problem which is that the awarding of yellows is probably the most random, subjective, inconsistent thing in football right now. 
Great write up, btw.

16 hours ago, RogMan2804 said:

I've generally been fine with FSG. They're not particularly loveable, but I don't need to love the owners and if they had only set the ground up for the next few decades like they have done, it would be a job well done. I'll need some convincing though that Xabi isn't a slam dunk. Perhaps that's unfair, but if these guys are the Masters of the Universe that they fancy themselves to be, there should be no excuses.

• dave u unpinned this topic