You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

City aren't THAT good, but they're consistently good, interspersed with occasional games of brilliance from KDB and Foden. 

Chances are KDB may wane a bit next season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Doku kick on, and probably Bobb.

We thought Szobo was going to bring some of that to our team but it's not worked.  We're really short of inspiration in attack, we really need match winners, even if they're rough diamonds. 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

As much as I and I am sure we all would like to see it, the idea that abu dhabi are going to receive a meaningful punishment is IMHO fanciful.

It’s got to be a pts deduction at least but how big?

4 minutes ago, Dapower said:

It’s got to be a pts deduction at least but how big?

I'd love to see them hammered - i just can't see it happening, they'll tie PL up in endless litigation and i think the league know this and it will all wither away and end up in a situation where guilt or innocence is never 'proven' and there will be some sort of meaningless statement from PL about case 'expiring'

I hope to fuck I am wrong like.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I'd love to see them hammered - i just can't see it happening, they'll tie PL up in endless litigation and i think the league know this and it will all wither away and end up in a situation where guilt or innocence is never 'proven' and there will be some sort of meaningless statement from PL about case 'expiring'

I hope to fuck I am wrong like.

But they can’t just get away with it after the bitters get done on 2 occasions and Forest I’m sure there will be uproar 

31 minutes ago, Dapower said:

But they can’t just get away with it after the bitters get done on 2 occasions and Forest I’m sure there will be uproar 

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to the cheats.

11 hours ago, Code said:

I thought it was said City would be dealt with before the summer.

Arsenal will lose points in many more games, get City relegated and it’s all ours. 

The hearing hasn't even started yet. It's supposed to start before the end of the year. With the outcome not being known before next year. And where city will no doubt appeal and it'll drag out for another 2 years. 

We seem focused on City slipping and us winning all 6. This only works if Arsenal slip as well which we seem to be taking as a given.

And the small matter of us not being utterly dreadful 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dave D said:

We seem focused on City slipping and us winning all 6. This only works if Arsenal slip as well which we seem to be taking as a given.

And the small matter of us not being utterly dreadful 

I think our aim is to make sure we force city to the final game. Don't let them off the hook like arsenal did last season. Can we do it? Well probably not, because we look out of form, some players look fucked and/or playing with injury and we're about to embark on 4 aways in 10 days and we're not tremendous away from home. But perhaps not having time to think and train between games will help and we get through almost on muscle memory and being away lifts a bit of pressure. Arsenal don't matter, because they're not top. Win our 6 and make city work for the title. If arsenal are still there, we can only worry about them if there's something to worry about. But we can't do anything unless city fuck up. 

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

It was gone after the United game, yesterday was just salt into the wounds.

It really wasn’t. A home win against Crystal Palace and we’d be a point ahead.

All irrelevant now though. 

A Man City/Arsenal semi-final might slightly boost our chances, but it’s likely  we’ll only drop points ourselves if the opportunities even arise.

We’ve had a few of these phases under Klopp, and they usually last for several games. They’re as awful as our good runs are brilliant.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I didn’t say it was mathematically gone. It still isn’t.

But it’s gone.

If you can’t see that, I can’t help you.

It was in our own hands still against the cheats and all we were looking for was the mildest of slips from an unproven at the distance arsenal, which duly arrived yesterday....

We of course fucked up yesterday too.

Now of course it is significantly less likely we will win it than it was after the mancs as it os no longer in our own hands against the side who are the most proven at the distance.

But for my money to say it was gone after the game at the toilet is wrong - we were never going to win all of our last 8, same applies to arsenal and IMO even the cheats.

I can absolutely understand anyone who says it is gone after yesterday, but after the game at the toilet - no.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was in our own hands still against the cheats and all we were looking for was the mildest of slips from an unproven at the distance arsenal, which duly arrived yesterday....

We of course fucked up yesterday too.

Now of course it is significantly less likely we will win it than it was after the mancs as it os no longer in our own hands against the side who are the most proven at the distance.

But for my money to say it was gone after the game at the toilet is wrong - we were never going to win all of our last 8, same applies to arsenal and IMO even the cheats.

I can absolutely understand anyone who says it is gone after yesterday, but after the game at the toilet - no.

If you can’t beat that mess of a Utd side once in a season then you aren’t winning the league. You just aren’t.

That was the moment I knew.

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

If you can’t beat that mess of a Utd side once in a season then you aren’t winning the league. You just aren’t.

I get what you are saying I really do but it does not work like that IMO...never really has.

The problem is the cheats have distorted what title races look like and what were normal results until they did are now seen as disasters.

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I agree, it was not about the fact we were still top etc, it was all about the momentum. We lost that against Arsenal away but somehow got it back. To then play that shite United team and somehow had to hang in there to get a point - that was it for me. I lost my confidence at that point, even though mathematically it was still in our hands as Arsenal were never going to win all their games. 

I will add the Doku/Mac non-penalty too - the combination of this plus Mancs killed us IMO.