You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure the best thread to put this. But the Neto lad over at wolves is one who is constantly given plaudits on here and linked with us. He does look a cracking player on his day. But I've just seen on the news ticker on sky that he's likely out for 9 weeks with yet another injury. He's on we should definitely dodge,.despite his obvious talent. 

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not sure the best thread to put this. But the Neto lad over at wolves is one who is constantly given plaudits on here and linked with us. He does look a cracking player on his day. But I've just seen on the news ticker on sky that he's likely out for 9 weeks with yet another injury. He's on we should definitely dodge,.despite his obvious talent. 

I've said multiple time he's a 60 million pound sicknote. We shouldn't even have him on a shirtlist

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It also depends on the profile of player we are looking for and what formation we are playing. If people are annoyed at the lack of goals Diaz provides on the wing, they would hate Neto. But if his job was to play deeper and wide, and there were a bunch of other scorers in the team, he could be a great asset. 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

he could be a great asset. 

Not when he spends over a third of the season in the physio room

Days/Games missed injured

2020/21 297 days, 52 games

2022/23 127 days, 27 games

2023/24 129 days, 20 games*

and now going to probably miss the rest of the season so another 70+ days/9 games

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It also depends on the profile of player we are looking for and what formation we are playing. If people are annoyed at the lack of goals Diaz provides on the wing, they would hate Neto. But if his job was to play deeper and wide, and there were a bunch of other scorers in the team, he could be a great asset. 

It kind of misses the point I'm making, as @Lee909 says, he doesn't play. It doesn't matter if he was a perfect fit for the new manager, if he spends his career in the treatment room. And he's about to have another 9 weeks out. 

Screenshot_20240317_130923_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not when he spends over a third of the season in the physio room

Days/Games missed injured

2020/21 297 days, 52 games

2022/23 127 days, 27 games

2023/24 129 days, 20 games*

and now going to probably miss the rest of the season so another 70+ days/9 games

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It kind of misses the point I'm making, as @Lee909 says, he doesn't play. It doesn't matter if he was a perfect fit for the new manager, if he spends his career in the treatment room. And he's about to have another 9 weeks out. 

Screenshot_20240317_130923_Chrome.jpg

Im just talking about on the pitch and what type of player he is. Of course the injuries are a factor. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I think he’s top drawer. 

I wonder if Newcastle fancy selling us Guimares and Isak for a few quid and a Gakpo chaser? 

He’s undoubtedly a top class player, I just doubt we’d pay the money and wages on somebody about to enter his 30’s. 

Guimares would be a great signing. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Never been impressed when I’ve seen him…

IMG_1098.jpeg

Malen has the profile to be a reasonable target. Statistically a good goal threat, lots of shots, half forward half winger type you can play across the front line. 

Would have to see if the #eyetest matches up. 

Kimich is 29 and has spent almost his entire career playing for a Bayern side that walks the league virtually every year. I think it's too late in the day for him to move to the Premier League. 

I doubt we're interested, he'd want a massive wage too.

It's even harder than normal trying to predict signings this summer due to the manager change.

When you look at the squad, I don't think we really need much. 

I can see us signing Adarabioyo on a free from Fulham and then maybe one other player.

A lot depends on what Salah wants to do though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Kimich is 29 and has spent almost his entire career playing for a Bayern side that walks the league virtually every year. I think it's too late in the day for him to move to the Premier League. 

I doubt we're interested, he'd want a massive wage too.

It's even harder than normal trying to predict signings this summer due to the manager change.

When you look at the squad, I don't think we really need much. 

I can see us signing Bassey on a free from Fulham and then maybe one other player.

A lot depends on what Salah wants to do though. 

Think you mean the Adarabioyo lad. Bassey is not free and is not good.

• Upvote 1

Seeing as the main conflict between Klopp and Edwards last time was over giving long-term contracts to older players, I seriously doubt that Edwards is going to make a 29+ player on huge wages his big signing this summer. In other words, Kimmich ain't happening.

It's a bit interesting to think of the kind of moves we made when Edwards was really running the show (so the last half of Brendan's time here and the first half of Klopp's) and wonder what we might do in that sort of vein this summer. I still think there's a decent chance Salah goes, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a player or two in there as well that we wouldn't expect (Gakpo?). Edwards always did his best work on the sales side, good as he was at buying players.

On 18/03/2024 at 15:54, Lee909 said:

We won't sign either. Mayland is fucking shit anyway. Kimmich is on the way down and way older than the players Edwards will target

image.png.815d12c43acef2b502e6636a8779cfe4.png

Someone who has these types of numbers isnt obviously fucking shit and deserves at least a look.