You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It’d be funny though if all of the cunts taking the piss and saying just accept it ended up having their team miss out on something like a European place to Spurs by a point or two. 

This is the other angle that most are missing. Yeah, we might miss out on top4 or the league, but villa or Brighton could miss out on Europa or even top 4 over spurs getting the extra points.

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

But no rules were breached. So thats a nothing story. 

59 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

To be fair to Klopp, he did qualify his replay comments by saying that he doesn’t think that would happen. 

We should’ve simply said at the start of the press conference that it was for a Europa League game and that is all that will be discussed and any questions about the VAR incident will be ignored. 

Thats not what all the headlines will say though,. 

43 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Jurgen's missed a trick here by not having a list of facts in front of him. 

Overall, I just don't want him or the players losing focus for the Brighton game. It's probably good that we're also playing tomorrow night. 

Oh because 'Facts Mr Ferguson' will really go down well at the moment. ffs

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The VAR operator

But isn’t he Oli?

Reason being if he’s referring to Oli the 4the official asking to delay, why didn’t he just step onto the pitch and tell the ref to hang on instead of wasting time going back to stockley park 

K

59 minutes ago, Razoray said:

With which foot does van de Ven  "get enough the ball" with? Genuinely.

I have rewatched the game and various clips on social media from different angles, and he definitely does not touch the ball with his right foot. If he touches the ball with his left foot, then it is after Gomez has touched it and he has already gone through Gomez at that stage, so it is a penalty. 

The picture below shows why the ball goes the way vdV's leg is pointing

Screenshot_20231004_141538_Gallery.jpg

Agree to disagree. 

As somebody mentioned earlier, the Villa v Sheff Utd goal line technology issue the other year, we aren’t going to get a replay and unfortunately, I don’t think we should either. 

We’ve likely already got the best we can hope for - the referee’s have been thoroughly humiliated and process etc is going to change. 

Darren England should be fired though, preferably, from a cannon on top of the Main Stand into the Irish Sea. 

Klopp has said his piece now, he needs to side step any future questions on it. Let the club work on it in the background (if they can) and there needs to be a collective focus on looking forwards, not backwards.

Harness that anger into a positive and take it out on opponents by beating every club and their mocking cunt fans, out of sight.

We’ve shown everyone we can achieve big things this season. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Razoray said:

You aren't willing to answer my question so?

K

The K is a typo - apologies it looks sarcastic, cunty and demeaning, I genuinely didn’t realise it was there - significant human error on my behalf! 

In terms of the incident, I don’t think I can add anymore than I already have. 

• Haha 2

I just don't get it.

Should Kloppo not say his opinion because of media or whatever. I'm not braught up that way. I agrre with Klopp. IMHO a replay shouldn't be out of the question. I know there won't be one, but that doesn't change my opinion.

FA wants no more than to gloss this over ASAP, I don't care. Let's just stand up and be counted. Consequenses?  I f*** don't care.

• Upvote 4

The comma someone put between offside and goal here in the subtitles makes a big difference in the whole debate of who knew what was happening.

The question before was 'The decision was offside. Are you happy with this?'. To me this Assistant VAR is saying it was an offside goal. He just seems like a yes man but when putting subtitles in someone has added a comma to make him look confused.

Screenshot_20231004_152034_X.jpg

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

The absolute state of the comments on this article.

None of them get it do they...just myopic, tribal shite and bad trolling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67003386

It's staggering how many people cant differentiate between a decision going against them and an official making a wrong decision and deliberately not doing anything to rectify it!   

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The K is a typo - apologies it looks sarcastic, cunty and demeaning, I genuinely didn’t realise it was there - significant human error on my behalf! 

Well done, Scott. Good process.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No problem. I demand a replay. 

You said vdV got enough of the ball. I asked what foot he touched the ball with. Surely you can add to what you already have said with that answer?

I'm not trying to be facetious. I'm genuinely interested in when you think the Spurs player touched the ball. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think they were watching the game. The frenzy at the beginning sounds as if they were suddenly called to action from a deep sleep. Then they went back to whatever they were doing as soon as they completed the check. Then Oli woke them up again. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, aws said:

I don’t think they were watching the game. The frenzy at the beginning sounds as if they were suddenly called to action from a deep sleep. Then they went back to whatever they were doing as soon as they completed the check. Then Oli woke them up again. 

I agree. The only explanation is he wasn’t watching the game. Likely having a little nap. 

These midweek trips to UAE must be exhausting.

8 minutes ago, Razoray said:

No problem. I demand a replay. 

You said vdV got enough of the ball. I asked what foot he touched the ball with. Surely you can add to what you already have said with that answer?

I'm not trying to be facetious. I'm genuinely interested in when you think the Spurs player touched the ball. 

VDV touches it with his left foot. It’s not the cleanest of contact but the ball goes away from Gomez quite significantly, hence why we got a corner.  IMO, VDV just does enough.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I agree. The only explanation is he wasn’t watching the game. Likely having a little nap. 

These midweek trips to UAE must be exhausting.

I just posted this on the corruption thread:

For clarity, the game in the UAE that Darren England and the rest of them officiated on last week, finished at 01:00 on Friday morning - UK time. Say he got back to his hotel at 02:30, that's two nights sleeping in different hotels, and 12 hours travelling (including an 8 hour flight) in just 36 hours, presuming he would have needed to be in Stockley Park Saturday afternoon. 

Not ideal

• Upvote 1