You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I haven't watched sporting, but I have this thing in my head that they play like one of the peak Mourinho teams.... 

Someone please tell me I'm wrong

I can’t be sure because tonight was the first time I’ve seen them but it didn’t look anything like shithouse Mourinho stuff to me.

I was underwhelmed with the first half but thought they played well in the second half.

• Like 1

It was 1 vs. 2 in that league. You can't expect one team to be vastly superior than the other but even so, Sporting created a bunch of dangerous counters that came to nothing because Gyokeres looks like a worse Nunez. Which is to say; very involved, big, and runs fast, but has the brain of a squirl.

And in the end, they won and will most likely win the title.

Just watching MOTD, are Villa shit or was Reguilon absolutely superb on the left wing for Brentford today?

He was involved in every goal, and got the assist on the second and third. He barely looked a footballer at Spurs and United.

2 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Arsenal are very good. Odegaard is a twat and annoying but fuck me does he work hard and press well. Their defence is also solid. But as someone above said, we need them to concede first to hope it upsets their flow. 

Sadly Douglas Luiz got booked in the 97th minute today, so he misses the game against them next week. Little things like that going for you is what you need and they are getting them breaks right now.

But no title race this close can be won in cruise control, so I think there will be 1 or 2 games that don't go to plan for them. We need them to drop points to give us some breathing space. 

Their results this calendar year are unreal.

5-0 Palace

2-1 Forest

3-1 Us

6-0 West Ham

5-0 Burnley

4-1 Newcastle

6-0 Sheff Utd

2-1 Brentford

0-0 The Cheats

2-0 Luton

3-0 Brighton

Pl 11

W 10

D 1

F 38

A 4

Pts 31

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, an tha said:

5-0 Palace

2-1 Forest

3-1 Us

6-0 West Ham

5-0 Burnley

4-1 Newcastle

6-0 Sheff Utd

2-1 Brentford

0-0 The Cheats

2-0 Luton

3-0 Brighton

Pl 11

W 10

D 1

F 38

A 4

Pts 31

That is an incredible run, which is why I don't know why a lot of folks here are just dismissing them. Defensively they are sound and they score more than once in almost every game. They have their full squad fit too and are having decisions going their way in pretty much every game. 

Huge contender for title for me, as much as I hate them. Cunts.

16 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

That is an incredible run, which is why I don't know why a lot of folks here are just dismissing them. Defensively they are sound and they score more than once in almost every game. They have their full squad fit too and are having decisions going their way in pretty much every game. 

Yep. They’re doing what a side with top infrastructure, a good manager + mega money should. Looking at their remaining fixtures and it’s clear that it’s essentially impossible that they’ll drop any more points this season.

Realistically, a similar level of investment is going to be absolutely essential to keep us in the same stratosphere as them and City after Klopp leaves.

26 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't like them - especially that little blert manager - but i have never understood the way some look at them.

They've spent money really well last couple of years after years of wasting it.

They've got a squad full of quality and all at really good ages.

I've said it before they remind me of us around 2018 ish - a side on the cusp of potentially very big things. They've had what a lot of title winning sides often have with a near miss season and they've kicked on after it and look a team who could win it now.

Hopefully not, and as I say I don't like them - but for me you have to respect what they are.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

5-0 Palace

2-1 Forest

3-1 Us

6-0 West Ham

5-0 Burnley

4-1 Newcastle

6-0 Sheff Utd

2-1 Brentford

0-0 The Cheats

2-0 Luton

3-0 Brighton

Pl 11

W 10

D 1

F 38

A 4

Pts 31

Can’t last forever though 

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Absolute scenes in Sevilla. Third biggest club in Spain wins their first trophy for 40 years. Fans visibly shaking. 

Brilliant. Made up

for them.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I always see things about Son and spurs fans saying everybody loves him he's impossible to hate, I think he's a massive snide prick and fake as fuck. You just know like a spidey sense. 

A few say the same thing, including Dave. I never understood why though - Son has come across alright for me.

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Arsenal will drop points.

It wasn't that long ago they were diving and crying all over the place against Brentford and squeezing through on pens against Porto. They're on a run, no doubt about that but there will be a game where they go behind. What I saw against Brentford wasn't pretty.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, George Costanza said:

Ben White should be banned for 5 games for that pathetic cheating yesterday. Hope someone seriously injures him now the fucking cunt.

Absolute vile cunt him. Against his old team mates as well. Arsenal are full of them though. Cannot stand that Gabriel. Odegaard also. Saka gets decisions Salah can only dream of. And as for the manager.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Ben White should be banned for 5 games for that pathetic cheating yesterday. Hope someone seriously injures him now the fucking cunt.