You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

How exactly is Ben whites clear impeding of the goalkeeper not deemed to be "impeding the goalkeeper "? 

Beat me to it. Needs to be greater clarity as to how much you’re allowed to impede a goalie. He definitely blocked any attempt the goalie could make to come for the ball.

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

How exactly is Ben whites clear impeding of the goalkeeper not deemed to be "impeding the goalkeeper "? 

He has been getting away with it all year. I've brought it up multiple times. The only time I've seen him gey pulled up is in Europe

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

I'm not watching this but read a possible pen for Sours in the build up to the 2nd and the offside was close/debatable?

They habe no excuse for not winning the league. Everything has gone their way this year. No injuries,playing teams in injury crisis,decision against us and for them. There's no excuse for not winning it

Nah mate it wasn’t a pen. The offside was very close.

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

In fairness our record vs Everton is far better than most teams Derby record over the last 25 years.

Not when it counts. 2 wins there out of 9 against their worst ever sides. 

2 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Beat me to it. Needs to be greater clarity as to how much you’re allowed to impede a goalie. He definitely blocked any attempt the goalie could make to come for the ball.

It clear enough Arsenal/ city it's not impeding Anyone else it is pretty simple really.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He has been getting away with it all year. I've brought it up multiple times. The only time I've seen him gey pulled up is in Europe

It’s getting worse and worse the blocking and pulling in the area, clear penalties getting constantly ignored. 

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Stupid fucking spurs cunts. Bet they aren’t as accommodating when we play them. 

They were accommodating it VAR that wasn't. Ange ball is good to look at when it's working they can over run teams (like we used to) but it's wide open and not sustainable in a top league week in week out at times their high line is suicidal and he refuses to change it (Chelsea 4-1 as example) they were down to 9 men and kept pushing higher and higher. He might win a carabao cup but ultimately he will be out a job in 2 years tops.

It has to be saud that the way they have been winning football matches since the turn of the year has been very, very emphatic.

They've been taking teams apart.

5-0 Crystal Palace

2-1 Nottm Forest

3-1 Us

6-0 West Ham

5-0 Burnley

4-1 Newcastle

6-0 Sheff Utd

2-1 Brentford

2-0 Luton

3-0 Brighton

2-0 Wolves

5-0 Chelsea

3-0 Tottenham (at half time)

48-4 across 12 and a half games...

Only pts dropped:

0-0 Man City

0-2 Aston Villa

Arsenal look very dynamic. 

We look absolutely pedestrian in comparison.

Saying that, we could have conceivably beat them twice in the league this season with a fair bounce of the ball, and the league would look a lot different.

It's a funny old game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

It has to be saud that the way they have been winning football matches since the turn of the year has been very, very emphatic.

They've been taking teams apart.

5-0 Crystal Palace

2-1 Nottm Forest

3-1 Us

6-0 West Ham

5-0 Burnley

4-1 Newcastle

6-0 Sheff Utd

2-1 Brentford

2-0 Luton

3-0 Brighton

2-0 Wolves

5-0 Chelsea

3-0 Tottenham (at half time)

48-4 across 12 and a half games...

Only pts dropped:

0-0 Man City

0-2 Aston Villa

Look what happens when you develop an attacking system that works and suits the players you’ve got. 

Merson could have been describing us then when talking about spurs. Defence all over the place when getting counter attacked and far too slow getting the ball up the other end and not knowing what to do when they finally get up there. 

It’ll be a big mental blow to Arsenal ahead of next season if City just win their remaining matches.

I don’t think they’ll be as good and as lucky next season.

Postecoglou hasn’t really changed anything for Spurs, same as any manager they appoint.

17 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Look what happens when you develop an attacking system that works and suits the players you’ve got. 

Some defensive record too.

They don't have to make half a dozen changes every game too, which helps....unchanged again today from midweek.