You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chat GPT

John102

I had it create a process for a software support team; then generate the process as a PlantUML model. I then imported that into draw.io.

Wasn't perfect but good enough for me to present as a straw man model in a meeting. Took <5 mins.

On 24/03/2023 at 21:28, John102 said:

What are peoples thoughts on this? Have you used it yet? What do you use it for? Any creative uses?

To date i only really use it for excel related queries, but curious if anyone has been more creative with it? 

Do you think the hype has been overboard?

I pretty much use it to construct replies to potential sales leads. Does everything I ask it to and goes the extra mile, unlike my lazy self.

This is going to destroy the economy isn't it. Shortsighted greed will see companies replace their staff as soon as they can. It will eventually replace that many jobs so quickly the knock on effect will be unthinkable. Pandoras box is opened you can't close the lid because other nations won't care and the risk of falling behind is even more dangerous. There needs to be serious thinking and policy about job security and the economic situations created. This shit is going to develop so fast.

• 10 months later...

Boy at my work from Nigeria is definitely using a chat bot thingy.

He speaks totally fine English but his e-mails all start with 'The e-mail thread refers' & constantly mention 'prompting'. The English in them is hilarious and they read like they were written by a dyslexic 17th century land owner.

• Haha 1