You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gonna stick my neck on the line (And hope I was as wrong as I was about Salah) here, I don't think he's all that good. 

Every transfer is a risk, but I'll carry this broheim on my back from Brighton if it means we aren't sniffing around Mount and Gallagher. 

He's a dynamic midfielder, the type we've lacked since Gini left. 

We'll need another new one too. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gonna stick my neck on the line (And hope I was as wrong as I was about Salah) here, I don't think he's all that good. 

We’ll certainly all be paying more attention to him tomorrow night now! 

Hopefully the club realise that signing:-

injury prone = never gonna be available for us. 

raw = fucking shite. 

young from Fulham = Nowhere near good enough so stop buying them as they’re fucking shite and won’t make it here. 

Looking at the work we have to do this summer based on the future of our current squad and fucking hell do we have a lot to sort out. It's even worse than many of us predicted last year.

• Fabinho - First team option
  • Henderson - Squad option only
  • Jones - Squad option only
  • Bajetic - Promising youth prospect
  • Elliott - Promising youth prospect
  • Thiago - Looking likely to be sold or injured
  • Milner - Leaving on a free
  • Keita - Leaving on a free
  • Ox - Leaving on a free

So, hoping that Fab is not as shite as he has been this year, he is our only real first team midfielder that we can rely on. Hendo is too old, needs to play half as many games. Jones has promise but has significant fitness issues and his quality is up for question. Bajectic has been our most impressive midfielder this year but he is very young.

Thiago looks set for an Op, we should just get rid as we're paying him wages for 1 game every 5 matches. Losing two useless cunts on a free and James Milner seems to also be leaving.

Given all of that - it is no question in my mind, we need 3 midfielders. And we'd better hope they all hit the ground running for fucks sake.

LCM - Mac Allister seems all but done for 65M or so. He will be our LCM.

DM - Ugarte/Thuram/Kone would be good for the 6 and cost 50M, allowing us to rest or push Fab to his best. Caicedo is a no go as he will be 85M. In an ideal world we would get Tchoumeni for 70M.

RCM - This was supported to be Bellingham but alas. We've heard about Mount, Ghallager, Gravenberch, Nunes...all uninspiring IMO. In an ideal world we would get Barella for another 70M.

That's an approximate 180-200M spend. The fact that we will likely have half of that amount, and also need to fund the purchase of a defender, is depressing. Here's how we would line up if we didn't have tight fisted cunts as owners.

• Mac Allister - LCM (65m)
  • Barella - RCM (70m)
  • Tchoumeni - DM (70m)
  • Fabinho - DM
  • Henderson - DM/RCM
  • Jones - LCM/RCM
  • Elliott - RCM
  • Bajectic - DM

Don't even know why I bothered typing all of that out because we are likely going to end up with some second tier bullshit signings.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That's the spirit. 

I’d have said if they are leaking names for players to sign, that’s a good sign for Ratcliffe - last desperate attempt to get some supporter backing before Ineos ledger another huge loan against the club and the Glazers stay on. 

Mac Allister is probably the best pivot from Bellingham we could get. Doesn't have the world beating potential or the bigger frame but he's as versatile, he's a goal and assist threat, he's technically good, good work rate. He's a pretty complete player. We could build our other midfield business pretty easily around him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Looking at the work we have to do this summer based on the future of our current squad and fucking hell do we have a lot to sort out. It's even worse than many of us predicted last year.

• Fabinho - First team option
  • Henderson - Squad option only
  • Jones - Squad option only
  • Bajetic - Promising youth prospect
  • Elliott - Promising youth prospect
  • Thiago - Looking likely to be sold or injured
  • Milner - Leaving on a free
  • Keita - Leaving on a free
  • Ox - Leaving on a free

So, hoping that Fab is not as shite as he has been this year, he is our only real first team midfielder that we can rely on. Hendo is too old, needs to play half as many games. Jones has promise but has significant fitness issues and his quality is up for question. Bajectic has been our most impressive midfielder this year but he is very young.

Thiago looks set for an Op, we should just get rid as we're paying him wages for 1 game every 5 matches. Losing two useless cunts on a free and James Milner seems to also be leaving.

Given all of that - it is no question in my mind, we need 3 midfielders. And we'd better hope they all hit the ground running for fucks sake.

LCM - Mac Allister seems all but done for 65M or so. He will be our LCM.

DM - Ugarte/Thuram/Kone would be good for the 6 and cost 50M, allowing us to rest or push Fab to his best. Caicedo is a no go as he will be 85M. In an ideal world we would get Tchoumeni for 70M.

RCM - This was supported to be Bellingham but alas. We've heard about Mount, Ghallager, Gravenberch, Nunes...all uninspiring IMO. In an ideal world we would get Barella for another 70M.

That's an approximate 180-200M spend. The fact that we will likely have half of that amount, and also need to fund the purchase of a defender, is depressing. Here's how we would line up if we didn't have tight fisted cunts as owners.

• Mac Allister - LCM (65m)
  • Barella - RCM (70m)
  • Tchoumeni - DM (70m)
  • Fabinho - DM
  • Henderson - DM/RCM
  • Jones - LCM/RCM
  • Elliott - RCM
  • Bajectic - DM

Don't even know why I bothered typing all of that out because we are likely going to end up with some second tier bullshit signings.

Nice presentation though.

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Never heard of the cunt.

10 to Gakpo, 9 to Diaz, 8 to the best midfielder we sign. 

7 on the shelf until someone worth comes along.

Shirely, Gakpo would have taken 10 when he signed?

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Fucks sake. If these cunts get taken over by Qatari's we may as well pack it in.

Why?

It was exactly this sort of wacky spending that fucked them up in the first place.

Pogba, Di Maria, Maguire etc.

PSG won't allow Mbappe to join a Qatar owned club. He will end up at Madrid in the next two years anyway.

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

More chance of us signing Snoogy Doogy than spending 200m on midfielders this summer. 

It honestly baffles me that some people still think there's that kind of money to go on a spree. £80-90m net at best.