You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Holding out for us like next summer…

IMG_9887.png

Wouldn't be shocked if we do a deal for January if we really want him. Mo will be off to the AFCON so he would get some games and back him up for 6 months

9 minutes ago, Strontium said:

How Bayern have managed to make a healthy profit on a player who has flopped there and who was surplus to requirements, I don't know. They must have seen us coming.

Bayern signed him with a single year left on his contract. Looking at his appearances last season he was behind Kimmich, Goretzka and Musiala. I think that's understandable for a young player. Any of our new midfield would have struggled to get games before them three last season.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Some cockney prick in "i am a cunt glasses" on sky saying we have now spent "in excess of £165m" followed by a whistle as if 1. It is a sky high amount and of course 2. Fucking true.

Cunts

Spend this summer:

Liverpool £145m

Man City £208m

Arsenal £208m

Man Utd £164m

Newcastle £131m

Spurs £165m

Chelsea £345m

When Klopp has held out for a player for ages and really wants them, it usually ends well. He has obviously been after Gravenberch for ages and this is no panic signing. We have been linked with him for a long time and Klopp obviously has a plan for him.

Im not bothered if it didn’t work out for him at Bayern. We were gutted that Mane left but he did nothing for them. Klopp obviously sees something that he wants to work with and can mould.

I’ve seen nothing of the lad but if Klopp has tried to get him for that long, I’m happy we are getting him.

We were screaming out for a midfield rebuild and we now have 4 new players (provided it actually goes through) and have got rid of the ones that were being slaughtered last season.

It feels like we are rebuilding like we did years ago and going in stages. The attack was sorted over the last few windows, midfield this one and I’m guessing the defence will get an overhaul in January and next summer.

The defence needs improving but I can’t see us doing it this window. Klopps MO is to build a team for the years going forward and with the players and ages we have brought in. This seems to fit.

I said when Klopp signed his new contract that I reckon he wants to rebuild the whole team and do what he did originally.

• Upvote 7

Gravenberch 21, Mac Allister 24 and Szoboszlai 22.

Bajčetić is 18. Jones is 22. Elliott is 20.

Andre, their presumed No.6 target is 22.

Think we can safely say legs and longevity in midfield is no longer an issue. 

If all works as we hope, it's a position we won't have to address in a major way for five years. We can add and subtract as players age out and better ones become available. 

• Upvote 9

Another thing, how do some of you have so much insight on all these players playing abroad? 

Do you sit watching every game, taking notes and scouting them on the tele?

How do you get the time to do it? I’ve not heard of 90% of the players you mention. I barely have the time to watch any games in the Premier League that don’t involve us.

Its fucking mental.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Great another midfielder then while we go into this week's game with our starting CBs both out. So one injury to anyone other than Robertson and either Robbo/Endo goes to CB or if Trent gets injured fuck knows. 

Ideally we need another defender but after Virgil went off last week, our 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th choice (Endo) spent time at centre-back and we coped. It's not ideal long term, but hopefully Van Dijk and Konate get back for the Wolves game and we are lucky after that. 

Get a good defender in tomorrow and we are golden. 

5 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Another thing, how do some of you have so much insight on all these players playing abroad? 

How do you get the time to do it? I’ve not heard of 90% of the players you mention. I barely have the time to watch any games in the Premier League that don’t involve us.

Its fucking mental.

friends on benefits

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Its fucking mental.

Youtube

9 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Its fucking mental.

Youtube merchants, watch an 8 minute compilation video with goals, assists with gash background music and drop an opinion like they are experts, all full of fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Its fucking mental.

I just pretend. 

Anyway, we have Stacksy.

Architect.png