You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I love when people say “just pay the money” like it’s a fiver. It’s £4m. Even if LFC end up getting this done for £49m they’d have saved £1m. ONE MILLION POUNDS. People have totally lost sight of the value of money in this insane transfer business. 

Having said all that, if we get to the final day of the window and we’re just a million apart for someone we clearly desperately want, then, and only then, should we consider paying the full figure. We’re signing this fella on probably a 6 year deal. It’s for the long term, a few weeks won’t matter. This season is about top 4 so we’ve a bit of time to get our identified top targets instead of settling for other players for the sake of a few weeks. 

All these leaks though are making us look like chumps if we don’t get this done. 

Why aren’t we spending the money to challenge for the title? 

Why as fans are some accepting a challenge for top 4 as acceptable? 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The only way around it imo is clubs who have players under contract and don't want to sell, just don't sell. 

Do you reckon they might want 50m? 

Has he even had a decent season? I watched Southampton loads of times and he didn't stand out at all. And they were fucking woeful - so it should lend itself to a 6 to have a chance to shine . He played well again arsenal and everyone seems to be excited off the back of that. 

Not selling is not easy when a player decides he wants out because has had head turned.

And personally i am very much in the if someone wants to go then fuck them they should go camp.

48 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Because reality is you don’t make the kind of changes we have to make (an entire midfield, at least) and challenge for the title in normal times, never mind when a cheating behemoth is there getting comfortably over 90 points whenever they need. 

We’re dealing in huge numbers where people have to deal in reality, not in crazy fan world where “it’s only 5 million” is thrown around, or you can make changes like we have to expect a title challenge having finished 5th the year before. 

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Someone said a fourth offer has gone in.

Knowing us it'll be a Trigger type offer and it'll be less.

If they wanted 60 and we were going public like this to try unsettle them, then you'd understand our actions, but haggling over such a small amount publicly is weird

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Because we aren't one of the wealthiest clubs around, and we didn't win the league only three years ago, and we don't have the best manager in the world.

(I must have imagined all that)

16 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Because reality is you don’t make the kind of changes we have to make (an entire midfield, at least) and challenge for the title in normal times, never mind when a cheating behemoth is there getting comfortably over 90 points whenever they need. 

We’re dealing in huge numbers where people have to deal in reality, not in crazy fan world where “it’s only 5 million” is thrown around, or you can make changes like we have to expect a title challenge having finished 5th the year before. 

We’re at this point because of the owners and their negative attitude to spending. This is on them. The only reason we need to replace the whole midfield is because of the lack of investment and fuck off make do attitude. 

The manager has already shown he can beat the oil cheating cunts, but he can’t do it with both hands tied behind his back. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Embarrassing that Neville had FSG figured out long before many of our supporters who still think they’re honest brokers in a world of shit. 

Since when? He's just a gobshite. I'm sure he's been consistently crying about how well run we (supposedly) are, and to me it's been the trigger for his irrational rants against the Glazers.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Carra is spot on about Caicedo - the 3rd highest revenue generating club in the world are not at the races for a player who is pretty much the perfect profile for the biggest hole they have in their squad.

Laughable.

Hmm maybe but does his next tweet (reply to Neville) appear to absolve FSG of any blame for that?  I might be reading it wrong but I'm wondering if he's nailing his colours to the wrong mast (again?).