You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

25 minutes ago, Allan said:

Adams certainly appears to be more and more like a sensible target.

Good age, good experience, came through the Red Bull system that we seem to have a lot of respect for.

Can play in a number of positions - He played ride back and right midfield a number of times for Leipzig, so could dovetail nicely with Trent.

He'd be another way to tap into the US market, and as he's already repped by Nike, he's someone that they could push the profile of.

The injury record is of course a concern, most of which have been muscular, so I can see why clubs may be slightly put off.

However, at £20 million in today's market, I think it could be a punt worth taking.

Why the fuck would we take a punt on a crock weekend it's taken 5 years to get rid of the last lot who offered fuck all because a crock gotta do what a crock gotta do.

We won't even pay money for.players we need. Why spend on one's that we would then have to buy someone else to cover that position.

No more punts or gambling on injury records clearing up....IT DOES NOT WORK.

Does anyone know what the 'massive offer' for Salah is? 

If it's £200m we should sell. 

Let's be honest, we're very likely not about to have a top 4 season as it stands, and next year when Salah does go (as his agent stupidly hints at) and we get offered half of that, or less, then we're in the same position as now but with less money to find a replacement.  

I also wouldn't be surprised if Spurs slap a big bid in for Jota if they sell Kane. 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Let's be honest, we're very likely not about to have a top 4 season as it stands, and next year when Salah does go (as his agent stupidly hints at) and we get offered half of that, or less, then we're in the same position as now but with less money to find a replacement.  

I also wouldn't be surprised if Spurs slap a big bid in for Jota if they sell Kane. 

They are only offering 60 million Euros but offering him 180m in wages.

Basically they can fuck off. They are offering shit transfer fees but massive wages to unsettle players and want to haggle for weeks like the club who bought Henderson. Cried poverty offering a shit transfer fee but are rich enough to offer him 700 grand a week wages. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Adams would (in theory) be a great signing and perfect moneyball. But with his injuries not even I’d criticise FSG for staying well clear. 

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

There is however the potential for another to club to gamble and win the lottery with him as he’s a very, very good footballer. 

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has a long list of muscular injuries - misses games every year with the elusive adductor (read the Keita).

He'd certainly be a risk and reward signing - Most of his adductor injuries came in the early stages of his career, but the most recent hamstring injury requiring surgery is of course a concern.

Only the 1 knee injury in the list below, and that looked to be just a minor problem. Of course, over time, if there is an underlying knee problem, then it would certainly hamper his style of play.

image.png

16 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The massive offer is for Salah, not LFC. Supposedly 180m for 2 years to Salah. 60m to us. From the same jamooks who took most of the summer to find the 40m to pay for fabinho. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The massive offer is for Salah, not LFC. Supposedly 180m for 2 years to Salah. 60m to us. From the same jamooks who took most of the summer to find the 40m to pay for fabinho. 

They've obviously got unlimited funds, maybe a take-it-or-leave-it counter offer of £200m might tempt them. 

Let's face it, Salah would be the biggest signing they could make, an idol of the Arab world, a Muslim superstar.  We must be smarter than this, surely.  If we can't engineer a world record fee for Salah to the Saudis then we're more fucked than I feared.  

2 years left on his contract, next summer he has us by the bollocks, we lose all control of the situation. 

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

They've obviously got unlimited funds, maybe a take-it-or-leave-it counter offer of £200m might tempt them. 

Let's face it, Salah would be the biggest signing they could make, an idol of the Arab world, a Muslim superstar.  We must be smarter than this, surely.  If we can't engineer a world record fee for Salah to the Saudis then we're more fucked than I feared.  

2 years left on his contract, next summer he has us by the bollocks, we lose all control of the situation. 

Why are you so desperate to get rid of Mo? 

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Some clubs seem to be able to rehab injury prone players, some clubs seem to break any player they have. We’re not quite Wenger’s Arsenal yet but we’re definitely pretty shit at getting our players injured.

I think it's the way we play, it takes no prisoners. I reckon our lads, when they're cooking, are among the fittest athletes in the world.

Under no circumstances should we be selling Mo this summer. Even if we got £150m+ for him, who do we sign to replace him. He's never injured, scores 30 goals a season & is a megastar and brilliant from a branding perspective. Maybe in a year or two I can see him leaving but until then we should do everything to keep him. 

13 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

Under no circumstances should we be selling Mo this summer. Even if we got £150m+ for him, who do we sign to replace him. He's never injured, scores 30 goals a season & is a megastar and brilliant from a branding perspective. Maybe in a year or two I can see him leaving but until then we should do everything to keep him. 

He walks for free in two years.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

He walks for free in two years.

Maybe so but that's possibly 65-70 goals and who knows what he helps us win. We need a solid plan when it comes to a replacement and I don't think they have one. I doubt we can bring someone in to do the same job as him, it would likely be more of a creator. His agent has said he's staying so maybe next summer will be the time? 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I disagree, FSG would just pocket the cash.