You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

23 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

There's an argument, if we're realistic about the situation we're in, and the situation the league is in, to not buy a defensive midfielder and just use the kids there. 

They can run all day, just put two of them together.  Worst case scenario is that they're not great but such is the dearth of young midfielders they'd all be worth £25m+ next season.  

Turn the full backs into DMs. Klopp would get loads of training ground time with them as they aren't full internationals.  

Parody?

40 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He knows what most of us here know.....and on top of that he knows how to sort it and he will.

I love fact he used word 'excited' i used the word myself recently when talking about the opportunity we have with midfield. It has been totally broken and it was not getting fixed properly leaving old, knackered worn out parts in it like Henderson and Fabinho.

It is hugely exciting that we have got rid of them and can bring in what we have lacked.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I’m seriously concerned now for next season. 3 players Klopp wanted to keep are gone and we’re now looking at the likes of Bajcectic and Elliot as serious options for the starting 11. I’d add Jones to  that given he was a complete non entity for around 15-16 months and did have a very strong finish to last season. 

But can’t shake the feeling we’ve completely show ourselves in the foot here.

klopp was wrong to want to retain Henderson and Fabinho in the first place.  Misplaced loyalty to underperforming players was costing us.  However, the way things have panned out mean that we do need more players in than we currently have.  A genuine question - is Lavia materially better than Bajcetic?  If not, then I wouldn’t be too excited about bringing him in, I’d rather we brought in a strong experienced utility midfielder who can be used in a number of positions, including DM, as the priority 

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

klopp was wrong to want to retain Henderson and Fabinho in the first place.  Misplaced loyalty to underperforming players was costing us.  However, the way things have panned out mean that we do need more players in than we currently have.  A genuine question - is Lavia materially better than Bajcetic?  If not, then I wouldn’t be too excited about bringing him in, I’d rather we brought in a strong experienced utility midfielder who can be used in a number of positions, including DM, as the priority 

My worry with Jurgen, and I do like the guy, was just how wrong and stubborn he was. 

He’s the professional and the guy who has all this knowledge and yet the basic fan on the street could see what he couldn’t. 

So forgive me if I don’t tow his party line this summer, proof will be in the results and performances. That’s what will make it exciting if we rediscover our verve that we previously had.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

My worry with Jurgen, and I do like the guy, was just how wrong and stubborn he was. 

He’s the professional and the guy who has all this knowledge and yet the basic fan on the street could see what he couldn’t. 

So forgive me if I don’t tow his party line this summer, proof will be in the results and performances. That’s what will make it exciting if we rediscover our verve that we previously had.

Hiring BeefStroganoff could save Liverpool millions.

13 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I wouldn’t tell my team at work that the sky is falling in even though the department is  under resourced and under funded. You want to keep them motivated. That’s what Jurgen is doing.

Taking it to the boring bastards thread

17 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

There’s only a few basic things you need to know to be able to contribute massively on a daily basis:

- Our owners are tight cunts, not willing to spend what it takes for us to win everything

-  All the big spenders are oilstate clubs/financial cheats, which is way below our standard

- All leagues except the PL are shite

- All teams in the PL are shite as well, with the possible exception of Abu Dhabi

- Players we bring in should always be proven in the PL

- We’re shit at transfers, we should be bringing in those young rising stars that Brighton are doing before they go to Brighton 

- All the bullshit on Twitter isn’t bullshit, it’s information on what the club is planning/trying to do. Well it isn’t obviously, but it still makes the club look stupid when it doesnt happen

- The modern game is shite, it’s been ruined by all the money. Us proper supporters look down on day trippers buying shite from the club shop, we dont go the game because it’s too expensive, we stream the matches illegally as the parasites controlling the rights are just that, parasites.

- We should all be proper fucked off we didnt complete out transfer business the day the window opened, we should’ve slapped the required amount of money on the table and gotten our targets in early, no matter the cost.

This is all you need to know to be a top poster on here, at least knowing this you can make a name for yourself in the regular transfer threads. 

I’m always confused by that one.

Fuck me these weekends are boring without football. Suppose I could try and get a bird or something but the season starts in 2 weeks, what then? ‘Let’s do something today’

‘na fuck off, Ive got 3 games lined up to watch. Go to IKEA by yourself I’m watching Brighton vs Luton.’

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

There's some overpaying in there but Man United are having a coherent window. Mount is someone who can easily integrate into an intense style of football. Onana is the right type of keeper and if you squint hard enough, there's some shades of Haaland in Hojlund. Not top, top quality but the ideas seem to be there.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's some overpaying in there but Man United are having a coherent window. Mount is someone who can easily integrate into an intense style of football. Onana is the right type of keeper and if you squint hard enough, there's some shades of Haaland in Hojlund. Not top, top quality but the ideas seem to be there.

Sounds fucking shit to me