You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Nov 28 - Dec 3 2022)

tlw content

wtwheader.jpg

Monday Nov 28:

Transfer rumours all over the place today. Caicedo from Brighton, Mohammed Kudus from Ajax and Cody Gakpo from PSV. We know Caicedo is on the wanted list and has been for a little while. He’s not going to be cheap though, if Brighton are even willing to sell at all. The Kudus link is new but we’ve seen before how we will often go for players who looked good against us. Diaz and Nunez being the two most recent examples. Kudus was good against us for Ajax and he’s versatile. He scored twice for Ghana today as they beat Japan. This one might have legs.

As for Gakpo, he’s meant to be going to United but the rumour is that Ljinders loves him and wants us to hijack the deal. I’m seeing people on twitter saying the nerds don’t want him and there’s conflict with Ljinders, but how the fuck would anyone know that? I wouldn’t be shocked if that was the case but we’re getting all sorts of chatter about it and I just think it’s guesswork.

It’s quite interesting that we’re being linked with forwards though. Gakpo isn’t the first one we’ve been linked with but what does that mean? Replacement for Bobby, presumably. Not sure we can really rely on Jota much anymore though as he’s becoming a sick note. That’s three significant injuries in 12 months now. Hope I’m wrong but with his fitness record he could be one of our midfielders.

Meanwhile, fucking Uruguay letting me down again. Absolute shite they’ve been. Bad shithouse, negative tactics and Darwin has barely had a sniff in two games. He was subbed tonight, justifiably so as the longer it went the worse he got, but it must be incredibly frustrating for him playing in that team with absolutely fuck all service. It’s so needless too. They’ve got good players and don’t need to play like a lower league side away to one of the big boys.

What makes this worse is that I can’t stand Portugal. I always forget how much I get them until a tournament starts and I have to watch the playacting, imaginary yellow cards being waved all over the place and fucking Ronaldo and his cunt face. Then I remember. And of course it’s all magnified by cameramen who follow his every move and directors who insist on a dozen slow mo close ups of his stupid face with his non existent lips, tiny little fucking nose and his gargantuan adams apple.

He tried to claim a goal tonight that he clearly didn’t touch. Fucking lowlife. The fact he was trying to steal it from rat face Fernandes does make it somewhat less of a crime but it still shows him up for what he is. When the stadium announcer declared that the goal had been given to Fernandes you could see Ronaldo fuming. Selfish egotistical fuck. Thank God for adidas and their new ball with the chip in it, otherwise he’d defo have been given that goal just because of who he is.

Back to Uruguay though, I’m just really pissed off with them and although there’s a chance for them to go through if they beat Ghana, fuck that. They don’t deserve it and I hope Ghana smash them now, just to punish that shitbag coach. Fun fact: ‘Diego Alonso’ when translated into English is ‘Roy Hodgson’. Negative bastard.

Suarez came off the bench and confirmed my worst fears. It's painful for me to say this, but he’s completely washed up. Just a fraction slow to everything. He missed a sitter because he was too slow and couldn’t get his foot around the ball, and he’s just late to everything. He might get killed against Ghana as he’s not going to be quick enough to get away from what’s inevitably coming at him.

Uruguay deserved nothing tonight but even so, that penalty to make it 2-0 was a fucking disgrace. You can’t give a penalty for that. Literally, you can’t. The rule for handball uses that exact situation as an example of what is NOT handball, so that decision was a scandal. It didn’t decide the game but it did rob Uruguay of the chance to grab an equaliser in stoppage time.

View full article

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Good report Dave. And there was me thinking Diego in English was James not Roy! Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, that Uruguay coach is a real loser.

That said, it was incredible the 'pen' for Nunez was turned down even after the ref was told to review it on VAR! Maybe Taylor had had words before the game, the manc twat? That said, Alex Scott on BBC(?) said it was a 'clumsy' challenge but the defender touched the ball. What she didnt say was 'after wiping out' Nunez!

Agree about all the shit over that Japan goal and the ball not being out. Loads seem to think the officials and VAR can disallow the goal if they 'think' the whole of the ball was over the whole of the line. But they cant. They have to know it is to give that decision. Same thing happened at Villa when the oppos scored and the ball was a full foot over the line but, the keeper's body, other players and the post stopped the officials and GLT seeing the ball over the line. Result, no goal given.

Said before I dont want France, Germany, Spain, Argentina or Portugal winning it. Had Senegal as the dark horse before Sadio was ruled out but I wouldnt mind Holland \ Netherlands winning as they should have won in 74 and 78.

I thought Wales did as good as they could. Their population is less than Scotland and while they'll be disappointed with the results, just qualifying is a massive achievement for them.

Agree with you about the FSG 'is the club for sale or not?' shit. Loads running around losing their shit over supposed leaks and counter leaks plus Ian Fucking Doyle's 'expert' view on the whole show just makes me laugh.

Roll on Christmas and the return of proper footie!

Agree about Virg, and made a comment on the Qatar thread about breaking into a stroll. He’s been letting oppos get crosses and shots in that just wouldn’t have happened pre-Pickford.

Also agree about the challenge on Nunez- ridiculous that it wasn’t given, contact on him before the defender touched the ball and cleared out on the follow through. Mind you, who the fuck knows what constitutes a foul anymore?

23 hours ago, dave u said:

Also, seeing Bellingham and Hendo tonight, this is definitely happening. Either in January or in the summer, but we're getting him. If he wasn't coming here he wouldn't be as tight with Trent and (especially) Hendo as he is.

Another thought related to this. City are rumoured to be in for him as well as us. If he was going there, there's no way he'd be hanging around with Trent and hero worshipping the skipper. He'd be with Foden, Grealish and the other bells.

He might go to Real Madrid of course, but I'm no longer worried about missing out to City.

16 hours ago, piphomer said:

I'd say it's pretty much impossible to objectively measure whether half the ball is over the line, which is why the rule is what it is.

With technology now? They could easily do it. Plus its easier to see if 'most' of the ball is out than it is to see if 'all' of the ball is.

• dave u unpinned this topic