You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

52 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was always going to happen - Konate picks up injuries so regularly.

Here we are in just game 4 and we have 2 senior centre halves available.

Yes one is out down to suspension - but these things happen and that is why we need proper depth. Maybe this Quansah lad is real deal and we'll be ok - i feel we may be about to find out....

Can't say I'm too excited about seeing quansah. My only hope is klopp hasn't massively bigged him up, which is what I think he tends to do with ones we want to sell or loan. 

47 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Not really no, completely different but the way this club is run boils my rage because its all completely unnecessary, its like they love to make things hard for themselves. Its the constant lack of logic that sends me doolally.

Like if Jurgen asks the medical team how serious Konate is, surely they give him the best answer? I assume they don't say, its a minor knock and maybe hell be back in a week or maybe several weeks, I mean which is it?

He's got form for saying players have minor knocks and then they disappear fro half a century. Why does he say that? And if these injuries are serious why isn't he doing something about fixing it, either by getting in less injury prone players or changing his system to prevent major wear and tear?

These are issues that have continued to be present for years along with every other issue at the club. Does anyone at the club have any common sense or do they all just fart around all day? If it was any of us in a regular job wed all be fired.

As soon as klopp said it was a muscle injury, especially with an international break to follow, there was no chance he'd be made available for villa. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can't say I'm too excited about seeing quansah. My only hope is klopp hasn't massively bigged him up, which is what I think he tends to do with ones we want to sell or loan. 

Well if he is good enough we will know soon enough - he is nearly 21 so he isn't a baby and he isn't one of the rickets suffererrs from the academy. If he is going to be a top level centre half he'll show in next year it is there in him. How we choose to develop him from there will be interesting.

The clownshow that is our medical dept have now discovered Conor Bradley has a stress fracture issue with his back and is out for a while. Fucking clowns.

Bradley's injury is not minor, as previously claimed, with the Liverpool right-back an “extreme doubt” for games through November.

After featuring in the opening friendlies of Liverpool’s pre-season, Bradley was omitted from the squad for Singapore and meetings with Leicester and Bayern Munich.

The club described his issue as minor, but the 20-year-old is yet to return to training over a month on and has now been left out of Northern Ireland duty for September.

It now transpires that Bradley suffered a stress fracture in his back, with an initial recovery time of eight to 12 weeks.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

Here is a belter....

Konate who is not in training with us and won't play at the weekend has been called up for that international shite....

Loads of squads do that to be fair. It's if he goes it's a problem. 

49 minutes ago, an tha said:

TIA reporting that Konate is not available for Villa and that Thiago hasn't been training.

We're just handling thiago with kid gloves. 

Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones is available for selection against Aston Villa in the Premier League this weekend.

The No.17 has returned to full training in recent days having missed the last two matchday squads, handing Jürgen Klopp's outfit a boost ahead of Sunday's 2pm BST kick-off.

Scan for TAA.....usually leads to bad news.

Trent Alexander-Arnold will undergo a scan to determine the extent of the injury he sustained during Sunday’s 3-0 win over Aston Villa.

The full-back was forced from the field after 71 minutes at Anfield after picking up a suspected hamstring issue, with Jarell Quansah replacing Liverpool’s captain for the day.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Jürgen Klopp revealed Alexander-Arnold was optimistic the problem wasn’t a serious one, but the No.66 will require further assessment.

The manager said: “I don’t know exactly. I asked him, he said it’s [his] hamstring.

“'Not too serious’ is his opinion, but we obviously have to wait for the scans and then we will know more.

Its because of the way we play under Klopp. Footballers these days are not robust like the old first division days when they had a steak and a pint before a match. I was watching some of McMahons tackle compilations the other days, if you did that now you'd snap players in half instead they all just got up and got on with it afterwards.

They are like thoroughbreds now. Have you ever seen a professional footballers legs up close? Not an once of fat. But it makes them easy to injure, theres no protection there.

Then they wear boots which are like socks and shin pads like aspirins. And then Jurgen gets them to sprint 1000x per match.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its because of the way we play under Klopp. Footballers these days are not robust like the old first division days when they had a steak and a pint before a match. I was watching some of McMahons tackle compilations the other days, if you did that now you'd snap players in half instead they all just got up and got on with it afterwards.

They are like thoroughbreds now. Have you ever seen a professional footballers legs up close? Not an once of fat. But it makes them easy to injure, theres no protection there.

Then they wear boots which are like socks and shin pads like aspirins. And then Jurgen gets them to sprint 1000x per match.

Is this why Salah is always injured, or Robbo or Virg or Trent (barring his current malady) or why big bad dom will never be injured a single day while he's at this club?

Some footballers are pussies, some aren't, simple as that.