You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

A nice fight would be welcome. Like Keegan v Bremner. Elliott looks like he'd snap and have a bit of a scrap, but he also looks like he'd get knocked out. The Ox could take out one of their key players, and a suspension wouldn't really hurt us, so I nominate him. 

* Actually that 74 game was fantastically tetchy from start to finish. I reckon Keegan was in the wrong state of mind because Shankly was retiring - I mean, he doesn't even fight the right bloke! - but fom Tommy Smith's first 'tackle' this was always going to be brutal:

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Mook said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain would have been long gone under Shankly. He (quite rightly) couldn't be done with sicknotes.

Didn't really have sick notes back then, because treatment for knee injuries were much the same for footballers as they were for horses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Didn't really have sick notes back then, because treatment for knee injuries were much the same for footballers as they were for horses.

I'm all for them bringing it back, we'd save a fortune on wages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

It would be thoroughly disrespectful to sing the chorus of ‘Peggy Sue’ at him, so hopefully we won’t do that

if he turns up

Fuck me that would be unreal. Not sure how the media would spin it though....

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

A nice fight would be welcome. Like Keegan v Bremner. Elliott looks like he'd snap and have a bit of a scrap, but he also looks like he'd get knocked out. The Ox could take out one of their key players, and a suspension wouldn't really hurt us, so I nominate him. 

* Actually that 74 game was fantastically tetchy from start to finish. I reckon Keegan was in the wrong state of mind because Shankly was retiring - I mean, he doesn't even fight the right bloke! - but fom Tommy Smith's first 'tackle' this was always going to be brutal:

This Ox? 

d5fed7038df35057bcee9b5052bc598b204c442b

He couldn't take the washing out. 

48 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Adrian, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Hendo, Thiago, Salah, Bobby, Diaz

Elliot, Carvalho and Nunez off the bench. 2-1 to us. 

If Klopp, who by the way is the only person in the country that demanded the five subs rule and somehow managed to get the PL to agree all on his own to this rule change that only benefits LFC, if he then then only uses three of his allowed five subs, I think there will be outrage on an unprecedented level.