You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Target Man

Section_31

Yeah, Diogo is the player that resembles the "true number 9" or "target man" people want. His best qualities are in the penalty area. Unless people are genuinely looking just for someone tall. 

Nunez would also be such an alternative but we're not gonna sign him. I suppose there's also the "sign the big name 35 year old striker that is out of contract" thing that people do every summer. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought big Div was absolutely fine last night when he came on. No 'pretend' pressing at all.

Same here, what I did notice is he was the only one doing it be that point so probably looked pointless but kept their defence on their toes.

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, @aRdja wanted him instead of Luis Diaz, so I'd imagine he's still interested. 

Classic Numero post this. Never even heard of Luis Diaz the last time I posted on Bamford, but don’t let it get in the away of making your usual snide remarks. I don’t want this to drag, but have a guess who else wanted us to sign Bamford. Hint: he’s just signed a 4 year contract and his name rhymes with “the kop”.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m glad nobody has yet mentioned Patrick Bamford. 

He’s been injured, he needs to show that the injury hasn’t affected him long-term. I’d go for Kai Havertz. A lovely footballer, and this year he’s shown he can handle the pace and physicality of the league. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Classic Numero post this. Never even heard of Luis Diaz the last time I posted on Bamford, but don’t let it get in the away of making your usual snide remarks. I don’t want this to drag, but have a guess who else wanted us to sign Bamford. Hint: he’s just signed a 4 year contract and his name rhymes with “the kop”.

When did he tell you this? 

10 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

The title immediately brought to mind:

Great but Forgotten: Danger Man (TV)

Darwin Nunez seems to be potentially a physical forward, if he stops trying to be Anthony Gordon. Ivan Toney could be a possibility, though would cost a fair bit for 5th/ 6th choice. He's a red, though, so not much difficulty persuading him.

Ivan Toney is an absolute dog of a bloke. 

46 minutes ago, aRdja said:

So it's made up. Excellent. Saying nice things about a player isn't rare from Klopp. Is it, World Class Divock? Gah, whatever. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So it's made up. Excellent. Saying nice things about a player isn't rare from Klopp. Is it, World Class Divock? Gah, whatever. 

Neil Jones is one of the more reliable LFC journalists. The interview from Klopp is also legit, he went out of his way to speak about Bamford at length.

Anyways, I’ve given my view on Bamford earlier, the target man we should look at this summer is Kai Havertz. if Everton gets relegated then DCL would be worth a punt. Bamford needs to show that he can return to his pre-injury form, as he’s been injured all year.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm sure we will get him, considering how much he 'wanted him'. To be honest, I'd imagine it was part of his contract negotiations. 

Bamford didn’t want to move, not long after he signed an extension. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Bamford didn’t want to move, not long after he signed an extension. 

Right, so not only did Klopp want him, but he then went out, tried to get him, but Bamford didn't want to play for Liverpool. Fancy that, you were stop on with your call all along in this bizarre fantasy version of reality. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Right, so not only did Klopp want him, but he then went out, tried to get him, but Bamford didn't want to play for Liverpool. Fancy that, you were stop on with your call all along in this bizarre fantasy version of reality. 

Did you even read the article? It’s there in black and white. He didn’t want to be fifth choice at Liverpool as he was really enjoying and thriving being the main man at Leeds. Also, I’m not bothered about being “right all along” Numero, I just liked the player, not everyone has an agenda.