You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Post image

The UK doesn't have a 'vaccination passport" requirement.

You get a Covid pass if you report a negative test, whether you're vaccinated or not.

[Edit] I've just realised that that's on about international travel. I don't know what the UK restrictions are for that.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Curious how many booster doses would you be willing to take? I have friends who have taken 2 shots but are baulking at the booster(s). 

What about people who have an annual flu jab? Would you not think they were a bit daft if they got vaccinated for a year or two and then decided that was enough?

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What about people who have an annual flu jab? Would you not think they were a bit daft if they got vaccinated for a year or two and then decided that was enough?

I can't remember the last time I washed my face. What's the point? It will only need to be washed again when it gets dirty.

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That reminds me...

I think it was you posting something about people escaping from quarantine in Australia. What's your opinion of quarantine in general?

For ebola, smallpox etc quarantines are needed but not for something that is 99% survivable no. Have we ever locked down for flu? Quarantines are currently being used for other purposes that are not connected to limiting the virus spread. There is a clear endgame with ebola, smallpox etc, what is the endgame with this? 

What's your opinion on folks who are unable to buy food, go to the restaurant, cinema, gym, leave the country to see family, having to face threat of fines, the real threat of prison time and refused medical services because they are classed as not fully vaccinated? Perhaps there is a small part of you that feels some empathy for those human beings facing these restrictions. 

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If you don't want the vaccine, don't have it. You don't have to keep on telling everyone on here that you don't want it, we get it. 

If you don't like the views and sentiment expressed in this thread consider that no one is forcing you to get excited when you see the 'hot topic' tag, scroll to the thread, click, scroll through the pages, look at the memes, absorb them deeply in your subconscious, get triggered and upset yourself. That's all on you.

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

For ebola, smallpox etc quarantines are needed but not for something that is 99% survivable no. Have we ever locked down for flu? Quarantines are currently being used for other purposes that are not connected to limiting the virus spread. There is a clear endgame with ebola, smallpox etc, what is the endgame with this? 

What's your opinion on folks who are unable to buy food, go to the restaurant, cinema, gym, leave the country to see family, having to face threat of fines, the real threat of prison time and refused medical services because they are classed as not fully vaccinated? Perhaps there is a small part of you that feels some empathy for those human beings facing these restrictions. 

I'm in the UK so I can't comment on anywhere else. What I do know is that nobody here is unable to buy food, facing fines or jail time or being refused medical treatment because of their vaccination status. Cinema and restaurants are not fundamental human rights, so a temporary suspension from them is no massive hardship; in any case, I think unvaccinated people are still allowed, provided they have had a negative test in the previous 48 hours. People traveling abroad... I don't know. Depends on the country they're traveling to, doesn't it?

So, we're talking about people who choose to inconvenience themselves rather than have a vaccine. I've not got any empathy to waste on them; not while people are still suffering and dying as a result of Covid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

But Mr Angry you never said how many boosters in total you would take. What's the number for you? 

It's a daft question.

I'm 56. I hope to live for another, what, 30 years or so. In that time, I expect to keep taking the medication I take every day for epilepsy and gout, I expect to have a flu jab every winter and I'll probably need other medical interventions for the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to; regular Covid jabs are likely to be required just like anything else.

11 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I'm more interested in how many booster shots you are up for now the NHS is offering monoclonal antibodies.

First I've heard of monoclonal antibodies is that link you've shared about treatment for Covid.

If I get Covid, then I'll have whatever treatment the doctor recommends. Until then, I'm happy to get vaccinated, wear a mask, keep my distance, etc. to avoid getting it.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a daft question.

I'm 56. I hope to live for another, what, 30 years or so. In that time, I expect to keep taking the medication I take every day for epilepsy and gout, I expect to have a flu jab every winter and I'll probably need other medical interventions for the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to; regular Covid jabs are likely to be required just like anything else.

This is some made up shit. I have sufferwd from the symptoms, but still, wishy washy.

57 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is an intravenous injection. Made by big Pharma - are you saying you would take that shot?

I would consider it as they have been exhaustively studied. I have also taken a whole range of vaccines that have been offered to me without threat of draconian measures if I was to refuse. 

They are actually amongst the safest class of pharmaceuticals. Very low toxicity and high selectivity with a high therapeutic efficiency. 

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

If you don't like the views and sentiment expressed in this thread consider that no one is forcing you to get excited when you see the 'hot topic' tag, scroll to the thread, click, scroll through the pages, look at the memes, absorb them deeply in your subconscious, get triggered and upset yourself. That's all on you.

If only you had the ability to upset me. Don't flatter yourself. 

Go and glue yourself to the tarmac, you gourmet sausage.