You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The CDC don't say that. In fact, that link you shared only uses the word "unvaccinated" to refer to people who have not been vaccinated.

If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.

Reading is fundamental. 

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

We've already done this one. 

Over  300,000 pages have been requested. In past requests, the release of 500 pages a month following review and redaction has been suggested as being reasonable. This is what the FDA are proposing. And the FDA, like all other parties in an FOIA request, have a right to review and redact any information prior to releasing it to a wider audience. 

Most of this is in the article. Did you read beyond the headline? 

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

DC baby. 

Here's the Washington State Department of Health's definitions for you, since you went US and I quoted UK originally.

Fully vaccinated: those who have reached 2 weeks after receiving the final recommended dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

Partially vaccinated: those who have received one or more doses of an authorized vaccine but have not reached the full 14 days after the final dose.

Unvaccinated: those who have not received any dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Here's the Washington State Department of Health's definitions for you, since you went US and I quoted UK originally.

Fully vaccinated: those who have reached 2 weeks after receiving the final recommended dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

Partially vaccinated: those who have received one or more doses of an authorized vaccine but have not reached the full 14 days after the final dose.

Reading is fundamental.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Well... yes. 

Read me the bit where it says"unvaccinated".

Keep playing with semantics. Point is unless you are up to date with your jabs you will be considered not fully vaccinated. What are the implications of that? 

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Washington is a state - DC is a district in Maryland.

I imagine the definition is the same for both.

Disclosure - I am fully vaxxed under any definition.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Despite the slobbering rep it's the wrong state. 

edit: thanks Lord Howie. 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Curious how many booster doses would you be willing to take? I have friends who have taken 2 shots but are baulking at the booster(s). 

I took one - should hold me through the winter.

Never taken, or even thought about a flu jab in the past. Will see where we are with this come the summer.

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Despite the slobbering rep it's the wrong state. 

edit: thanks Lord Howie. 

Luckily the definition seems to [Edit] relatively[Edit] be uniform across the US and UK so doesn't matter too much.

[edited] because there's not doubt some variation somewhere.

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Shooter in the Motor sounds like a real tough guy name and yet he's calling for this thread to be banned. Oh no, some memes are going against my world view, and when I choose to click the thread and read them it makes me feel upset. Ban them now. 

I didn't say banned, I said deleted. 

20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Curious how many booster doses would you be willing to take? I have friends who have taken 2 shots but are baulking at the booster(s). 

You have friends? 

24 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Post image

If you don't want the vaccine, don't have it. You don't have to keep on telling everyone on here that you don't want it, we get it. 

My sister's husband has said exactly the same thing. Same as my sister and she has influenced her kids not to get it but one of them didn't agree. The whole house has caught covid and her husband is in the hospital on oxygen and fluids. Maybe he would have been if he had been vaccinated too. Trouble is, they won't know now. And if his condition continues to deteriorate (which it is doing) it could be down to people trying to convince the public that vaccines are bad. 

Feel free to have this thread to yourself and if you manage to convince others that vaccines are bad, more power to you. 

I guess one thing to consider for those not yet vaxxed is whether you want to go on holiday next year.  Direction of travel in Europe is for mandates so I doubt unvaxxed will be allowed in soon.  If you don’t get your first jab now you’ll get the next one May/June time.   Decisions decisions.  

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Keep playing with semantics. Point is unless you are up to date with your jabs you will be considered not fully vaccinated. What are the implications of that? 

It's not "playing with semantics". You're claiming the CDC said something they didn't. That's all.