You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

26 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Vaccine passports aren't a good idea I don't think. If Labour voted against or at least threatened to, something could be done about that.

They're not "vaccine passports". Unvaccinated people can get an NHS Covid passport.

You might think that they're not a good idea, but the facts about Omicron are that we know it's far more transmissible than other variants, but we don't yet understand how seriously ill it makes people. It's therefore sensible to be cautious until we have enough data; that means either locking everybody down (which would probably be an over-reaction) or finding a way to carry on with our lives, with just a few, limited restricted, for a limited period.

32 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Vaccine passports are sound if it’s just to record what vaccines you’ve had.

Using them for access control to public places isn’t. 

What's the point of Covid passes (not "vaccine passports" - they don't exist in the UK) if not to allow people who have taken steps to minimise the transmission of the disease to carry on with their lives, with as few restrictions as possible?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

And what have you ever contributed to the world? Judging by your posts on here: nothing.

Oh no, you’re right Boss, I’ve not amounted to anything because some fucking dickhead on a football website said so.  I’m just off to sell all my worldly goods and join a monastery.  

38 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s nothing to feel stupid about?  Really? 

Nothing "I felt that stupid about". I feel a bit stupid reading it back but I was in pretty bad state back then so I can understand it. Congrats on getting one out of the four things you mentioned though and talking about me instead of all of the fraud currently going on. I've been totally rumbled and shouldn't speak on this subject ever again.

Rico trolling on a saturday as usual, who'd have thought that would happen. Nice one with starting early today though.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nothing "I felt that stupid about". I feel a bit stupid reading it back but I was in pretty bad state back then so I can understand it. Congrats on getting one out of the four things you mentioned though and talking about me instead of all of the fraud currently going on. I've been totally rumbled and shouldn't speak on this subject ever again.

Rico trolling on a saturday as usual, who'd have thought that would happen. Nice one with starting early today though.

I can’t be arsed finding any more, but it’s all there. I guess I could add 9/11 from memory and that’s without breaking sweat.  

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

I've not got the vaccinecas I just don't feel the need to have it. 

I got covid at the beginning of the year and wasn't fun one bit, however I got over it without the need of a vaccine. 

I've been to big events this year my girlfriend contracted covid and I was around her until she obviously tested positive, I myslef were tested and come back negative at time. 

Since getting over it like I said I've not contracted it again and according to the science catching it again is rare and if I did they symptoms would be much less. 

I understand why people want to get vaccinated but myself personally I don't feel the need for it. 

Keep an eye on the developing science around the Omicron variant, though. I think it's unclear, at the moment, the degree to which the antibodies you built up to survive Covid will protect you from the new variant.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I really don't think it is in the way you described it, but feel free to prove me wrong at any point.

You didn’t last time. You’ve constantly gravitated to the fringe or conspiracy side of any subject since you joined.  Every, single , time.  

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Keep an eye on the developing science around the Omicron variant, though. I think it's unclear, at the moment, the degree to which the antibodies you built up to survive Covid will protect you from the new variant.

The times are claiming that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is next to useless against this variant even if you had both jabs. Only the booster confers some degree of immunity. That’s worrying for fat middle aged blokes like me. 

21 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The times are claiming that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is next to useless against this variant even if you had both jabs. Only the booster confers some degree of immunity. That’s worrying for fat middle aged blokes like me. 

Yeah, someone posted a link on the other Corona thread showing that if you've had your double-dose of vaccine that was very effective against earlier variants, you can't rely on them to protect you from Omicron.  The third jab offers around 75% protection; not as good as we're used to, but significantly better than nowt.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, someone posted a link on the other Corona thread showing that if you've had your double-dose of vaccine that was very effective against earlier variants, you can't rely on them to protect you from Omicron.  The third jab offers around 75% protection; not as good as we're used to, but significantly better than nowt.

3 people out of 12 from our team night out last week have tested positive this morning. We did a team cooking class then went to a tiny bar which, short of a shared sauna, was about the 2 dumbest ideas imaginable. I’m now feeling shit but it may be just a cold. 

49 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yeah, I got the AZ and have been putting off getting the Moderna booster because people are saying that combo makes them feel like shit. I’ll try and get it done a few days before Xmas when I know I don’t have much stuff left to do. 

I’d like to go to two f*****ll games before then though. Bit risky but it is what it is. 

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

The constant shifting of the argument is weird;

Not having the injection because it’s made by Big Pharma and we can’t trust them.  
What about all the other drugs made by them that you take? 

How about if the government set up a drug company solely to produce vaccine at cost?

Thats impossible, can’t trust them.

These vaccines are shit, they need top ups every year.

By which time we’ll have tens of billions of data points proving their safety. That’s what you wanted isn’t it?

Pfizer fabricated data! 
It looks like a study may not have been following all the protocols, but the data wasn’t compromised and we have multiple other studies and real world examples now proving that. 

Ivermectin works

Every study that shows a benefit has been shown to have been faked.  Most have been withdrawn. 

But what would match up to YOUR world view? 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

3 people out of 12 from our team night out last week have tested positive this morning. We did a team cooking class then went to a tiny bar which, short of a shared sauna, was about the 2 dumbest ideas imaginable. I’m now feeling shit but it may be just a cold. 

Do a test, you can go for a PCR if you don't have any in. My dose started with feeling a bit shit the next day.