You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You can't read that much - it is like 3 sentences.

There is no lie there from Russia - they are admitting they shot down their own plane.

I think we're getting wires crossed, I'm making the point of misinformation in war. People get things wrong. Some things/people are more important than others.

https://www.politico.eu/article/mateusz-morawiecki-missile-poland-from-ukraine-nato-warsaw/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/16/poland-president-missile-strike-probably-ukrainian-stray

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/polish-experts-confirm-missile-that-hit-grain-facility-was-ukrainian-media-2023-09-26/

"Cranks"

This is good as it happened today but references something from 18 months ago - should fit right in.

Top Russia fella wondering why talks broke down after Bucha - while through some incredible mental gymnastics suggests it was be cause of - well you know who it was because of.

FM Sergey Lavrov: There is a Nazi regime in Kiev that has prohibited talks with Russia.

We did hold talks in March and April 2022. We agreed on certain things. But two days later, Bucha happened because, I think, someone in the UK or the USA did not want this war to end.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This is good as it happened today but references something from 18 months ago - should fit right in.

Top Russia fella wondering why talks broke down after Bucha - while through some incredible mental gymnastics suggests it was be cause of - well you know who it was because of.

FM Sergey Lavrov: There is a Nazi regime in Kiev that has prohibited talks with Russia.

We did hold talks in March and April 2022. We agreed on certain things. But two days later, Bucha happened because, I think, someone in the UK or the USA did not want this war to end.

20230926_201935.jpg

32 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ukraine overturned a democratically elected government in 2014.

Does that justify the Russians, who starved millions of Ukrainians to death in the 1930s, trying to destroy Ukraine's democratically-elected government, murder it's leadership and steal it's resources? And in the process displacing millions, killing tens of thousands, and destroying dozens of cities towns and villages?

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Loads of concentration camp guards were Ukrainian, known as auxiliaries. It's horrible but I don't get what it's got to do with the Russians flattening loads of cities and Chechen savages cutting blokes' dicks off.

Because Putin said one of the reasons for going into Ukraine was because he said Ukraine had a problem with Nazis which are on Russias doorstep.

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

Does that justify the Russians, who starved millions of Ukrainians to death in the 1930s, trying to destroy Ukraine's democratically-elected government, murder it's leadership and steal it's resources? And in the process displacing millions, killing tens of thousands, and destroying dozens of cities towns and villages?

No of course not. 

I'm just pointing out a democratically elected government in Ukraine was overturned in 2014. 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Ukraine overturned a democratically elected government in 2014.

My understanding is riots broke out after the government u turned on integrating with the EU, the president fled during the demonstrations at the time. I don't think there was any forceful removal from power but I don't know any more details to be fair.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This, from Pavel Gubarev, should be absolutely required viewing for every Western politician who thinks that there is a way to make peace with Russia under the current leadership. Starts at 3:28 here:

What a cunt. Scary that. If anyone needs “re-educating”, it’s that bell

9 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This, from Pavel Gubarev, should be absolutely required viewing for every Western politician who thinks that there is a way to make peace with Russia under the current leadership. Starts at 3:28 here:

It's things like this that show how we can't be complacent and that Russia have to be taken seriously. To anyone that says this is just some random nutter, Medvedev has repeatedly made similar statements with a bit of nuclear war rhetoric thrown in.

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'm making the point of misinformation in war.

The Russians are boasting about the first destroyed Abrams tank in Ukraine. The problem is that these tanks havent been deployed on the frontlines yet, and the photo is a Photoshop. It's one of the Abrams tanks destroyed in Iraq - in total, 9 were destroyed: 7 by FF and 2 were preemptively destroyed

r/UkraineWarVideoReport - The Russians are boasting about the first destroyed Abrams tank in Ukraine. The problem is that these tanks havent been deployed on the frontlines yet, and the photo is a Photoshop. It's one of the Abrams tanks destroyed in Iraq - in total, 9 were destroyed: 7 by FF and…

Good article that, thanks for the link. He's right - let's hope they continue to support them, but frankly I think Trump will pull the carpet from under them once he's in power.

I see Russia is targeting the energy infrastructure again, deliberately trying to kill old men and women.

On 03/10/2023 at 09:26, Gnasher said:

Good ol Dickie.Branson. How many of his kids would he be willing to send to the front line? Or how much of his own money?

On the other side another billionaire twat here. It's perfectly legitimate to ask for the cavats  and reassurances about sending and spending vast amounts of money to a war zone but it's fuvking obvious why Zelenskys asking for it. His countrys been attacked. It'd be more odd if he didn't ask for it 

I believe Musk received massive amounts of public money himself to grow his business. He's another Billionaire cunt who deserves a couple of months on the front line.