You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Premier League - 13/12/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Our run of fixtures until the middle of February is a bit unforgiving. A lot of tough games especially away. We will have played Spurs and City twice by then. If we were within 4 points with a lot of big players coming back you would imagine, it could be huge.

Would imagine we will buy a top centre half in January which will make a difference. The big thing is when we have players back.

Jota seems to be about 6-8 weeks. Thiago and Gomez are unknown. Virgil is probably the rest of the season. No news on Matip but hopefully he might be okay for Palace - equally could be a few weeks or worse. Keita and Shaq may play a part in the coming weeks.

Next 6 are:

Spurs (H)

Palace (A)

WBA (H)

Newcastle (A)

Southampton (A)

Burnley (H)

2 of the home games + Newcastle should be bankers. If we can get 6 from 9 in 2 of the other 3 we'll be doing well. 14 pts from next 18 with injuries allaying into Jan. would be superb.

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Not expecting to see much of Thiago this season really, even when he hasn't been assaulted by a cunt Everton player he's not exactly durable. He'll be miles off match fitness by the time whatever the current problem is gets sorted and it'll take a while to build it back up, during which time he's going to be really injury prone.

The thing is not rushing him back. That's one mistake we can't make because if he is fully fit come say the middle of February, it will be huge for the rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Next 6 are:

Spurs (H)

Palace (A)

WBA (H)

Newcastle (A)

Southampton (A)

Burnley (H)

2 of the home games + Newcastle should be bankers. If we can get 6 from 9 in 2 of the other 3 we'll be doing well. 14 pts from next 18 with injuries allaying into Jan. would be superb.

Think Newcastle could be a rough day but think we'll get the three points.

I'm going

Spurs 1

Palace 3

West Brom 3

Newcastle 3

Southampton 1

Burnley 3

Worried about Palace. They have some dangerous players. A good performance against Spurs even if we draw wouldn't be a disaster. I actually think Mourinho will play for the draw knowing that with Son and Kane they always have a goal in them.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Our run of fixtures until the middle of February is a bit unforgiving. A lot of tough games especially away. We will have played Spurs and City twice by then. If we were within 4 points with a lot of big players coming back you would imagine, it could be huge.

Would imagine we will buy a top centre half in January which will make a difference. The big thing is when we have players back.

Jota seems to be about 6-8 weeks. Thiago and Gomez are unknown. Virgil is probably the rest of the season. No news on Matip but hopefully he might be okay for Palace - equally could be a few weeks or worse. Keita and Shaq may play a part in the coming weeks.

With the exception of city, Ronnie, I think the recent games we've dropped points away have mainly come when we've had a midweek CL game and the oppos had a free week? We're still gonna be having games thick and fast but so too now are these other clubs. Should level the pitch a bit. Well except at St James' where there's a 3 foot slope from one end of the pitch to the other! Better make sure we win the toss and make Newcastle run up the hill 2nd half!

Football with VAR isn't the game i love. Its a shaddow of its former shelf ruined by dockheads who wouldn't know which way a lift went if they had two guesses. 

Even winning the league last season didn't feel as good as it should have.  Win the league the first time in 30 years and we couldn't even celebrate it.

On the plus side I got pretty close to the trophy at Anfield which was nice. 

20200913_130819.jpg

As somebody said, we are running on fumes but can at least park the CL for a couple of months so everybody in the division will be in the same boat.Think we will have to dig in and approach it like a seasoned boxer who accepts there will be rough patches but knows how to come on strong down the stretch.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

With the exception of city, Ronnie, I think the recent games we've dropped points away have mainly come when we've had a midweek CL game and the oppos had a free week? We're still gonna be having games thick and fast but so too now are these other clubs. Should level the pitch a bit. Well except at St James' where there's a 3 foot slope from one end of the pitch to the other! Better make sure we win the toss and make Newcastle run up the hill 2nd half!

The festive period will be tough Docker. 

Having said that if we come through it with no more injuries, a healthy amount of points and players back plus a shiny new centre half, it will be great!

I've never wished a serious injury on a rival team, but big players like Kane, Fernandes or De Bruyne out for two months would be great.

Disappointing performance for what many thought was a gimme. At times it appeared the players thought that too. Pity nobody told Fulham. We’d have won this type of game last season, so it’s a worry that we haven’t won this, and a point might be deserved but we can only hope it turns out to be a “Villa moment” and not seen as two points lost.

Obviously, the injuries, frequency of games and shuffling of the pack will tell, and I only hope it makes the hierarchy realise that we actually could do with a couple of players in the January transfer window, assuming they are available, or we could miss out on not just the title but actual CL qualification. Another factor yesterday that might have affected the performance, but shouldn’t have, is the fact that the Fulham pitch is smaller than most, so they were able to defend the space more easily as it was more compressed than in most games. 
We go again Wednesday, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the bus parked again by Mourinho and him rely on Son and Kane to nick a goal or two on the break.

Hopefully we’ll do what we’ve done before and bounce back with a great performance.

4 minutes ago, aws said:

It's looking like 85 points will win it and I don't think anyone is going to put long runs of wins together. So we just need to tough out what we can get and try and raise our game against our challengers. 

75 will probably be more than enough. It’s hard to see anyone becoming more consistent as the season goes on.

• Like 1

Think 85 definitely wins it.

Spurs are a very good team. Good defence, steel in midfield and two world class players in attack. A good squad. Additionally a proper winner in Mourinho. They will drop points though and if say Kane was injured for 8 weeks, it could be huge. I don't see them getting more than 85 points. I do think they have 80 points in them.

City are a shadow of themselves. De Bruyne is still one of the best players in the world. You look at some of the games this season and if they had Aguero he would have got them over the line. Could see them buying very big in January on someone like Haaland though. Right now i'd say they get about 77 points. 

Chelsea have a fine squad but will drop points like yesterday. 75 points in them.

United are a shambles but a dangerous shambles. They have some top class players. They got a lot of decisions and in the same way VAR has already cost us 4 points, they have gained a lot from it already. Think they will get about 75 points.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Think 85 definitely wins it.

Spurs are a very good team. Good defence, steel in midfield and two world class players in attack. A good squad. Additionally a proper winner in Mourinho. They will drop points though and if say Kane was injured for 8 weeks, it could be huge. I don't see them getting more than 85 points. I do think they have 80 points in them.

City are a shadow of themselves. De Bruyne is still one of the best players in the world. You look at some of the games this season and if they had Aguero he would have got them over the line. Could see them buying very big in January on someone like Haaland though. Right now i'd say they get about 77 points. 

Chelsea have a fine squad but will drop points like yesterday. 75 points in them.

United are a shambles but a dangerous shambles. They have some top class players. They got a lot of decisions and in the same way VAR has already cost us 4 points, they have gained a lot from it already. Think they will get about 75 points.

Think what you're trying to say Ronnie is this season is gonna be a lottery!

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Think what you're trying to say Ronnie is this season is gonna be a lottery!

Haha yeah it feels a bit like that! Sad thing is if we had our full team, we could win this by 15 points. Feel confident that we still will the league but the next two months will nearly about lasting the course because with all the injuries I think we will drop points we normally don't.