You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Films You Love That Are Widely Classed As Shit

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Yep me too.  Costner has done some good films , even that Postman thing was watchable mainly because of Tom Petty's cameo mind . Dances with Wolves was brilliant. 

Kevin Costner is great. The Bodyguard is a boss film and he is outstanding in Yellowstone (the series) 

Add Robin Hood Prince of Thieves to that. 

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Kevin Costner is great. The Bodyguard is a boss film and he is outstanding in Yellowstone (the series) 

Add Robin Hood Prince of Thieves to that. 

Was the Bryan Adams song actually in the film? 

22 hours ago, Red Banjo said:

I've never met anyone else who likes Vanilla Sky but I love it.

Penelope Cruz is incredible. Cameron Diaz is a mukky psycho. Tom Cruise is a likable bellend. A wonderful, wonderful piece of cinema.

The cool kids make a point of dissing any Hollywood remake of a foreign film.

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Commando

New Jack City

I'm Gonna git you sucka

Hard to Kill 

Hard Target

Moonraker 

Welcome to the Jungle

Over the Top

Out for Justice

Once upon a time in Mexico 

The Expendables

Out for justice is a really good film alright. I watch it once a year still

John Carpenter's Dark Star is rated 6.3 on IMDB and I have always considered it one of his best. A micro-budgeted student picture, comedy-drama Sci Fi, co-written by Dan O'Bannon who five years later rewrites it as a horror SciFi for Ridley Scott, i.e. Alien.

Some early to mid 90s straight-to-video titles which I remember as being better than expected, but are considered pretty shit on IMDB.

American Yakuza (1993, 5.7) early Viggo Mortensen.

Blue Tiger (1994, 5.6) with Virgina Madsen, not great but captures a kind of elegant sadness, same writing as American Yakuza

The Young Americans (1993, 5.7) with Harvey Keitel, remember it as a stylish action thriller, but it is apparently shit.

The Pallbearer (1996, 4.9) David Schwimmer and Gwyneth Paltrow, only seen it once but liked it enough to buy a DVD form a bargain bin. This 4.9 rating would suggest it was proper shit, so I am a bit scared to watch it again.  

Also

The Business of Strangers (2001, 6.3) with Julia Stiles, I really loved this film, but it may be low expectations effect.  

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I love the chase at the start randomly smashing into a fella walking with an open box of cornflakes and somehow riding a bmx down steep stairs.

Didn't all American films from the late 80's / early 90's start like that?