You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

27 minutes ago, Code said:

With the speed of vaccines getting done in the UK you should be back with some fans now I think, let people having taken the vaccine get in. 

I read something about flu season today, its normally from week 40 to week 20. In Norway we use to have around 500.000 every season, so far this time around the number is 13. 

But to sum it all up, the situation today is better than it was when fans could get in before Christmas, am I right?

With the good vaccination progress, why have they not let some fans back in?

I tend to agree with this. This story here in the BBC says the baby steps being made in test events:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56625307

I agree with Barry (!), I think we’ll see more or less full houses at the Euro’s for games in the UK. I saw in the papers yesterday that it’s looking like Scotland will get an away allocation at Wembley.

IMO, the whole tournament, with no travelling support, should he held in the UK this summer, but that’s a different discussion...

I’d give quite a lot for a full house at Anfield on the 14th. 

33 minutes ago, Code said:

With the speed of vaccines getting done in the UK you should be back with some fans now I think, let people having taken the vaccine get in. 

I read something about flu season today, its normally from week 40 to week 20. In Norway we use to have around 500.000 every season, so far this time around the number is 13. 

But to sum it all up, the situation today is better than it was when fans could get in before Christmas, am I right?

With the good vaccination progress, why have they not let some fans back in?

Certainly in Liverpool we have better numbers than before Xmas and of course with the added benefit of a more than half the population (and the most at risk too) vaccinated. Before the Xmas explosion of cases, LFC had been led to believe our next match after WBA (which was to be man united) we were to be allowed 8k fans in had we stayed in that tier - although it was clear we wouldn't. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I tend to agree with this. This story here in the BBC says the baby steps being made in test events:

I agree with Barry (!), I think we’ll see more or less full houses at the Euro’s for games in the UK. I saw in the papers yesterday that it’s looking like Scotland will get an away allocation at Wembley.

IMO, the whole tournament, with no travelling support, should he held in the UK this summer, but that’s a different discussion...

I don't see any way uefa will do that. Again, I agree that they probably should, but I can't see any way politically that'll be allowed, no matter how much Johnson wants it. 

49 minutes ago, Code said:

With the speed of vaccines getting done in the UK you should be back with some fans now I think

Yes, but you think. Too many people here don't think, in fact are physically incapable of it.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't see any way uefa will do that. Again, I agree that they probably should, but I can't see any way politically that'll be allowed, no matter how much Johnson wants it. 

I don’t think it’ll happen either but given we’re the only country likely to allow supporters in (maybe Amsterdam might) 

it’s ridiculous not to move it all here. 

UEFA would maximise the profits from whats looking like a damp squid of a tournament and it’d shut the UK up about being overlooked / cheated out of hosting major tournaments. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Someone’s been rattled for being picked up on his bollocks (again) 

The only person spouting bollocks is you, as per.

You may be satisfied with merely existing, but some of us want to live.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think it’ll happen either but given we’re the only country likely to allow supporters in (maybe Amsterdam might) 

it’s ridiculous not to move it all here. 

UEFA would maximise the profits from whats looking like a damp squid of a tournament and it’d shut the UK up about being overlooked / cheated out of hosting major tournaments. 

And it will probably be safer for the players. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The only person spouting bollocks is you, as per.

You may be satisfied with merely existing, but some of us want to live.

I thought it would all be over by winter anyway? Oh that’s right you aren’t big enough to admit you were galactically wrong. Tory liar 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, professional athletes are a real high risk group, as all zero deaths globally shows.

Even if 1 player has an underlying health issue (ie diabetic), then yes, it’s safer being over here.

And they don’t need to die. They infect the squad, people work at the hotels etc etc etc.

I have thought, when supporters are fully back, will the first few rows be empty? You can guarantee some dick head will joke at coughing on a player.

I assume all games will be multi ball going forwards.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Even if 1 player has an underlying health issue, then yes, it’s safer being over here.

The cult of safetyism really has taken over our lives, hasn't it. People actually spout this bollocks and seem to believe it.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, professional athletes are a real high risk group, as all zero deaths globally shows.

If they've not been vaccinated, surely the aim should be to try and have them playing in 1 country with low rates, rather than travelling all over Europe? In terms of their career, I'm pretty sure I read of some players being affected badly by long covid, so it can litterally put their careers at risk. Surely uefa have a responsibility to keep the players (and staff who aren't all fit you pups) as safe as possible?

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The cult of safetyism really has taken over our lives, hasn't it. People actually spout this bollocks and seem to believe it.

Currently, it’s safer for everybody all round to have it in the UK.

Don’t be a dick.

I dont really care about the Euros.

I just dont understand the thinking when they dont open up for fans now, considering less people get infected, less people die and half the population is already vaccinated. Especially not when it was seen as safe in some regions before Christmas. 

Are there not anyone raising this issue? Either politicians, journalists or clubs?

In Norway we still have not got below the age group of 75 when it comes to vaccination, I have no idea when I will get my first shot. 

17 minutes ago, Code said:

I dont really care about the Euros.

I just dont understand the thinking when they dont open up for fans now, considering less people get infected, less people die and half the population is already vaccinated. Especially not when it was seen as safe in some regions before Christmas. 

Are there not anyone raising this issue? Either politicians, journalists or clubs?

In Norway we still have not got below the age group of 75 when it comes to vaccination, I have no idea when I will get my first shot. 

I think there are 3 main issues here. 1 will the government be able to maintain the vaccine rate, especially with vaccine shortages and requirements to roll the 2nd jabs. 2. If the virus is circulating, even if symptoms are not awful because of the vaccine, the more virus, the more chance of mutation, the more chance of virus resistance strains. 3. Many scientific advisors are claiming perhaps we can never go back to a proper normal we will need to maintain some levels of social distancing for years to come. Personally I think the UK government will roll the dice with points 2&3. Point 1, who the fuck knows. 

11 hours ago, SasaS said:

I always thought players travelling for the Euros would all be vaccinated.

I don't think I've seen anything that suggests that. Although the way things are going here, the UK based players could well have their 1st jab by then. Personally with all the issues they're having certain communities in taking the jab, I thought it would be helpful to have them all take it and publicise it - although it does knock you a little bit, so perhaps the club's don't want that with games every few days. 

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

14th definitely won't happen , but champions League final and euros should be played wherever a full house is possible . I don't give a fuck if it's UK or Holland ,  I wont be watching any more matches at  empty stadium's once our season ends

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think I've seen anything that suggests that. Although the way things are going here, the UK based players could well have their 1st jab by then. Personally with all the issues they're having certain communities in taking the jab, I thought it would be helpful to have them all take it and publicise it - although it does knock you a little bit, so perhaps the club's don't want that with games every few days. 

Yes, I didn't consider the side effects. I would definitely try to agree on a date and have them all publicly vaccinated at the same time if I were UEFA. Problem is, some of them may also ne a bit hesitant.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep - no way the National teams could enforce that and the Players Union's wouldn't allow it.

On the other hand, if vaccine passports are enforced... hopefully by June most of the people around them and all of the fans allowed into stadiums would have at least one jab.