Quantcast
Greatest Male Solo Artists Tournament - Page 19 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artists Tournament

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I've not seen Nat King Cole, as voices go he was pretty good. 

Ramblin' Rose, don't know why but I've been singing that, well what words I know, all day

Maybe it's because it's a great song. 

Agreed, but the MC5 aren't in this

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

And now for something completely different

 

 

 

 

Good but this is his best work

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Chuck Berry, Jimmy Cliff and Curtis Mayfield out in the first round.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1vq1.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Is Mark Morrisson in the tournament?

 

6943BEE8-8015-4E3F-A817-196000F65183.gif

Stig omitted him because it was unfair on the opposition, a bit like he did with the Beatles in the British band tournament 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Just watching Prince on BBC4, is he in the running? Also forgot about Jj Cale

Of course Prince is in it.

He's getting knocked out in the first round by Neil Diamond.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had to pick your three favourites to win the thing, who would they be?

 

I’m thinking Bowie, Prince and Elvis Presley. 
 

However, I’d personally pick Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye before any of them. In fact there are loads I’d pick before Elvis. But I think the winner will be one of those three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not many I'd have above Elvis to be honest. Great voice, stage presence, good rhythm guitarist in his early days. 

 

But for me by far the most around talent is Prince, closely followed by Stevie Wonder. There's artists I'll listen to more especially some country guys, Otis, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Marley but as a around talent its Prince. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The man was a musical genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

If you had to pick your three favourites to win the thing, who would they be?

 

I’m thinking Bowie, Prince and Elvis Presley. 
 

However, I’d personally pick Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye before any of them. In fact there are loads I’d pick before Elvis. But I think the winner will be one of those three.

Add in Bob Dylan to the favourites.

You never can tell with the draw though, they might all face each other in the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not just about “talent” though. There will have been better technicians on the guitar than Jimi Hendrix, but he’s still the best rock guitarist of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It’s not just about “talent” though. There will have been better technicians on the guitar than Jimi Hendrix, but he’s still the best rock guitarist of all time.

It's not, but it's more Prince pure musical talent. He will be one of the best on any instrument from the people involved, prolific writer, producer, 

 

The people I'll listen to far more but for outright talent he's top of the list imo. 

 

 

Remmie saying the new artists don't get a far shot I'd say the same about older than 60/70s artists. The rock & Roll stars of the 50s,country stars won't get the votes they deserve either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't reckon Elvis is one of the favourites to be honest. In legacy terms, perhaps he should be, but I've seen very little love for him on the forum through the years. Maybe Lee is on to something, perhaps a wee bit before people's time as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

It's not, but it's more Prince pure musical talent. He will be one of the best on any instrument from the people involved, prolific writer, producer, 

 

The people I'll listen to far more but for outright talent he's top of the list imo. 

 

 

Remmie saying the new artists don't get a far shot I'd say the same about older than 60/70s artists. The rock & Roll stars of the 50s,country stars won't get the votes they deserve either. 

Yeah mate, can’t disagree on Prince for talent, plus he had songs for everyone.  Just making a general point really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 17:11, Bjornebye said:

Seriously what harm is it doing to you? What impact is it having on you? Is it hard not to just ignore something that doesn't interest you? I bet you rang ofcom to complain about Amanda Holdens left nipple didn't you. 

 

Fucking hell. 

Relax lad, you don't have to get sensitive about everything. I'll voice my opinion on here for everyone to see instead of crying over on the Members Forum about someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×