You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions Of Everything - Preseason - 2020/21

Lario

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Doesnt matter. Refs usually tell the manager to sub a player off in 'friendlies' if he thinks they should have been sent off. Then the game continues 11 v 11 without the offender.

I’ve never seen (or at least never noticed) that before, but two of you have said it so I’ll take your collective words for it.

id take that as a reasonable outcome, rather than 70 mins against 10 men.

28 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve never seen (or at least never noticed) that before, but two of you have said it so I’ll take your collective words for it.

id take that as a reasonable outcome, rather than 70 mins against 10 men.

To be fair, pre season games arent televised that often and it doesnt include those mini pre season tournaments. It's usually the 'one off' games and you sometimes read about it in a paper's match report.

I admit it is getting rarer and at one time, it was unusual to see players getting booked in a pre season game either. Now they get booked but the booking isnt reported to the national FA so isnt counted.

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Brewster would learn more from playing a lot on loan In PL than playing a few minutes every other week for us, wouldn’t He ?

Klopp places a lot of value on what young players can learn training at Melwood so I don’t think he sees loaning then out as essential to their development.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

To be fair, pre season games arent televised that often and it doesnt include those mini pre season tournaments. It's usually the 'one off' games and you sometimes read about it in a paper's match report.

I admit it is getting rarer and at one time, it was unusual to see players getting booked in a pre season game either. Now they get booked but the booking isnt reported to the national FA so isnt counted.

Didn't Scholes end up with a ban after being sent off in a pre-season friendly a while ago?

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Didn't Scholes end up with a ban after being sent off in a pre-season friendly a while ago?

I think it depends on the referee.and whether they submit a report to the relevant FA. IIRC that was a classic Scholes tackle and was easily worthy of a ban. Guessing the ref probably never took charge of another friendly for them regardless.

Seen the link suggests the same thing. Rooney seems a little hard done by, but the whole report was submitted so got dragged down with the dirty bastard in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I think it depends on the referee.and whether they submit a report to the relevant FA. IIRC that was a classic Scholes tackle and was easily worthy of a ban. Guessing the ref probably never took charge of another friendly for them regardless.

Seen the link suggests the same thing. Rooney seems a little hard done by, but the whole report was submitted so got dragged down with the dirty bastard in midfield.

What a shame for them...

18 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

As good a place as any to put this article. Might have been written by an Evertonian. 

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

He wrote an article so good he had to pay for it to be published and it’s being released 5 years after he wrote it?

2DF02E1F-29B6-420C-927D-B9B6476B07EA.png

...and reading the rest of the article, it’s just as nonsensical as this screen grab. 

Ha ha. Some of the replies to that.

31 thoughts on “Why Liverpool won’t win the Premier League this season

1. You may have drunk too much caffeine yourself to concoct a fantasy based on your belief that caffeine was one of the sources of Liverpool’s success.

2. Maintaining that high level of intensity for 2 seasons was literally a massive achievement for the Reds.

However, it was evident that post February 2020, they have not been able to match that intensity that has brought them all the success. It was also clear in the Community Shield contest vs Arsenal.

I dont think that they can be ruled out completely but without reinforcing the squad, retaining PL seems difficult. Still favorites for the Champions League

3. This article presupposes that liverpool’s victory is largely attributable to caffeinism. What role does strategy, diet, coaching, skill etc play in a team’s continuous performance?

4. Yeah Liverpool only won the league on caffeine, and Elvis is still alive and sells match day programs at Anfield. I’d be embarrassed writing an article like that. I personally can’t see anyone other than Liverpool and City challenging for the premier league title this season.

5. What a total load of old bollocks. I’ve never read such a load of tripe in my life.
    Caffeine ?! What nonsense.

6. you should probably give up on the weird “flourishes” like the following sentence:

“Yes, they’re also as clean as Peppa Pig’s boots after a day of muddy puddle jumping.”

you’re not a good enough writer to make these bits actually fit into the article without seeming horribly clunky. the text is already a big mess and it’s super difficult to follow your basic train of thought – just as an example, the opening paragraph appears not to mean anything at all. the pay to publish thing is literally never referenced again, nor logically connects to anything else. i’m sure you could get better if you tried, but it’s best to start relatively simple and discard the attempts at a signature style until you can pull off basic, comprehensible prose.

7. Alan, notice all the replies are from very worried reds in denial. Ignore them. 

I’ve had my suspicions for the last few years. Noone has those levels for that long, and it’s not just PŁ, it’s been consistent cup comps as well, playing through to 3 consecutive European finals, and the added World and Super cups that accompany them, combined with a mix of international tournaments (2 of their star players made the AFCON finals too), and their squad is relatively small too. They blow other teams away for energy and aggression every 3 days.

Didn’t know about the Asthmatic percentage though. Great find, which only heightens the improbability of the super fitness levels. 

Great article.

8. This article is very badly written, a selection of thoughts not at all focused and containing juvenile language more likely to be seen under a YouTube video! Your exculpatory final paragraph feels like a legal manoeuvre having damned Liverpool from upon high.

About 75-80% of top level athletes have symptoms which are asthmatic in nature though whether they are medically asthmatic is a matter of debate.

As for winning the league Liverpool did so playing a very controlled style, keeping the gegenpress of old to a minimum and playing percentages to the max. There are three Chelsea players in the top distance run chart for last season until lockdown, no Liverpool players appear. They did make the greatest number of short sprints.

9. Wonder if the high percentage of asthmatics is a convenient way of getting a Therapeutic Use Exemption for corticosteroids, in the same way as Bradley Wiggins?
    https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a20049280/bradley-wiggins-team-sky-asthma-medication/
    “The report came after Russian hackers revealed in 2016 that Wiggins, the first British cyclist to win the Tour, had applied for therapeutic use exemptions (TUEs) to have injections of the powerful corticosteroid triamcinolone before three of his biggest races. Those included the 2012 Tour”

10. Nice to see all the Bluemoon paedos are viewing this load of old shit. @Prestwichblue, you need your hard drive impounding, you old wrongun.

Just concentrate on not signing Messi, you council stadium dwelling cheats.

11. Conspiracy theorist drivel aimed at the bitter rival fans who’ll lap this fucking bollocks up like a starving cat to a bowl of milk.

Your source on 63% of our players being asthmatic? Yeah, thought so….

12. I love how this clown reiterates that he wrote an “academic article”. What a bitter, twisted take on what the best team in the world achieved last season. Man up, Alan.
    I don’t read this site normally. Came across this article as it was doing the rounds on Twitter. Hope ye get the numbers so ye can earn some sponsorship deals from this but know that it is very, very poor content.

13. Was puzzled by this article until I read the bit in your bio that says you ‘Boxed internationally’…..then the meandering, unfocused, delusion and paranoia made sense. I’d suggest an immediate MRI scan before your condition worsens and hopefully it can be stabilized. Best of luck.
    Dr Karl Kennedy DScPT

14. The thing is, Liverpool were NOT going full pelt last season – they have learned how to manage their energy in games. A lot of our wins were down to sheer determination to win, a great defence and brilliant goalKeepers.

15. City are a nonce club

Fostered abuse for years, paying Bennell to play with kids.

Now they’re owned by Saudi nonces.

16. The thing is, I dont think Liverpool played that well last season, honestly they have been better. Still won the league by a mile. Liverpool are so good that the rest have to play at 100% to win and Liverpool have to be on -100% just to try and lose. But really , Liverpool is actually a better team then there performance of last year suggest. That’s the scary part and why a lot if not all experts are predicting they will win it again this season.

17. I thought Pep Fraudiola losing more league games than Ole Gunnar Solskjær was the biggest factor in Liverpool easily winning the title….not how much caffine was in their cereal.

18. Academic article? Are you on the juice?
    Academic articles publish their references to support their claims. Where is your evidence of asthma medication usage?

19. Contact the Saudi legal team, Bluemoon clowns, if they can sportswash murdering journalists then I’m sure they’ll spend millions tracing me because I called you all weirdos.