You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UEFA Cup/Europa League Draft

Lee909

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Brilliant against us? He was ok, nothing more. I often see that players with big features get partied more when they have just a half decent game. Like Fellaini for example. 

IMO worst single pick of the draft so far in an otherwise excellent team. 

I rate him highly, he's a warrior with Dirk Kuyt work rate. Perfect for what my team needs, Maradona can only play midfield if he has 2 work horses doing his work. Kante was to be assigned that role and I fucked up not picking when I had the chance. 

It's purely as a wingback so Babbel gets the nod. I like CB that can cope with being dragged wide in a back 3 and Vogts being a RB in his earlier days suits that. He's a truely brilliant man marker. 

27 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

@No2 You haven’t heard of Simosen and Stielike but picked Chris Hughton?!

C1961446-BB01-4767-99D1-A8AC61F107DC.gif

I was born in 1980, Chris Hughton would have been on my TV for half of the live games I seen in the 80s. As part of the most successful Irish side of all time of course he would be well known and highly regarded.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

I was born in 1980, Chris Hughton would have been on my TV for half of the live games I seen in the 80s. As part of the most successful Irish side of all time of course he would be well known and highly regarded.

Re. Hughton, fair enough. An average fullback, in my opinion. Have you never watched the 1977 European Cup Final on video?

Guest Alex_K

The good old Mönchengladbach fans would be saying “Highway who?” as they take Simonsen and Stielike as first and second choices in their respective forum drafts. All a matter of perspective ...

11 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

The good old Mönchengladbach fans would be saying “Highway who?” as they take Simonsen and Stielike as first and second choices in their respective forum drafts. All a matter of perspective ...

Yeah it's a bit like Napoli fans picking De Napoli and Giuliani instead of the like of Zidane and Oliver Kahn. All of equal ability.

• Upvote 1