You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Nail on head.. Starmers integrity will indeed be questioned in an election campaign, just as Cathy Newman did above. He's proven himself to be a liar that cannot be trusted, a man who's words mean nothing.

They will throw his lies back at him time and time again. Here's Sky news this morning 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Nail on head.. Starmers integrity will indeed be questioned in an election campaign, just as Cathy Newman did above. He's proven himself to be a liar that cannot be trusted, a man who's words mean nothing.

Whereas the reply from Kier will be that the Tories have lost control of the economy and Labour will have to assess what can be achieved in the next parliament with spiralling inflation and debt repayments. 

It's not that difficult to get around that one.

12 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Why the fuvk shouldn't the opinions of someone like Maguire be shown on here? 

Because his opinions do not match yours so you not only attack the messenger but attack the platform. I'll post what I see fit. If you don't like it fuck off or put me on ignore. 

He didn't disagree with you as such?

Are you this angry in person or just over the Internet where its safe?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking hell another one. 

"enjoys complaining" ...energy companies are making massive profits whilst thousands will die of starvation and hypothermia this winter.

It's your overly aggressive tone more than what your actual points are which most probably actually agree with you on,  myself included.

The problem is the tories have the majority of seats in Parliament so Labour aren't in a position to make sweeping changes but they can try to nudge the tories towards something that realistically could be done now.

I can't believe that interviewer, with a straight face, asked what's different between now and 2019. Well, we've had the hardest Brexit, we've had a global pandemic that destroyed the economy, and we are facing a recession that will make your balls tuck up into your stomach. Other than that, it's all fucking hunky dory. These people have no fucking clue at all. They are table smacking idiots. 

14 minutes ago, TheSire said:

It's your overly aggressive tone more than what your actual points are which most probably actually agree with you on,  myself included.

The problem is the tories have the majority of seats in Parliament so Labour aren't in a position to make sweeping changes but they can try to nudge the tories towards something that realistically could be done now.

Maybe. That arguments got more merit than most. I still don't agree with it though as nationalisation is imo both popular and pragmatic and is the only long term answer to our problems regarding water, energy and rail, all three are dysfunctional.

10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I can't believe that interviewer, with a straight face, asked what's different between now and 2019. Well, we've had the hardest Brexit, we've had a global pandemic that destroyed the economy, and we are facing a recession that will make your balls tuck up into your stomach. Other than that, it's all fucking hunky dory. These people have no fucking clue at all. They are table smacking idiots. 

And welcome to another episode of 'let's blame the messenger'

31 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Starmer is one of the most dishonest politicians in Britain... if I hadn't just seen some thick as mince cunt on Twitter make that up, I'd say you couldn't make it up. 

Scratches head to Try and remember the last high ranking politician who wasn't completely honest.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Scratches head to Try and remember the last high ranking politician who wasn't completely honest.

Indeed. Starmer went back on his pledge to nationalise everything, and will now only nationalise rail,  ergo he's the most dishonest politician in the entire fucking universe. The left wing echo chamber on twitter is surely going to run out of air soon. 

Get rid of Starmer and his band of torylight shadow cabinet mates like Rachel Reeves, get in someone who commits to taking assets back into the publics hands and Labour will win the next election, otherwise I'm afraid its going to be another Conservative victory. 

Get rid of Starmer and his band of torylight shadow cabinet mates like Rachel Reeves, get in someone who commits to taking assets back into the publics hands and Labour will win the next election, otherwise I'm afraid its going to be another Conservative victory. 

Worked a treat last time. 

24 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Hahaha. Fucking hell, another victim of Twitter. 

But it's just a repeat of GMB and Keir Starmer in his own words  previous link it was Sky news and before that channel 4.

You should be enjoying it. Getting his message out.

53 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes things have indeed changed since 2019. It's why public opinion has hardened towards public ownership. 

Is it because its hunky dory in France for the them to renationalise?

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

They are two different things. He said renationalising energy would cost £60bn.  It’d cost a damn sight more than that.  Although no one ever answers what exactly they’d be nationalising.  Is it production or distribution or energy retailers, does it include MAPS MOP/MAMs 

Aye! 10/10 for lack of concentration on my part. 

Would it really cost more than £60 billion? Genuine question here by the way. 

My understanding is that you would be nationalising supply, infrastructure etc. 

The country has woken up..

What a load of bollocks. Most of the country doesn't pay attention or they're Tory, you're talking about Twitter. It's funny, you can produce as many graphs as you want about single issues, and how much support for nationalisation there is, but they keep voting Tory, they keep voting New Labour, and when they finally had the chance for it... massive Tory landslide. 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yes things have indeed changed since 2019. It's why public opinion has hardened towards public ownership. 

Is it because its hunky dory in France for the them to renationalise?

Blair made a very good point about this recently, asking somebody if they support nationalisation will normally get you a response that they do. Asking them if they want to take on £200bn worth of national debt and telling them how long it'll be to see any tangible benefit gives you a totally different response. 

But hey, fortunately last two elections were fought by one party who would renationalise and another who wouldn't. Thank fuck Corbyn won. Right? 

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Blair made a very good point about this recently, asking somebody if they support nationalisation will normally get you a response that they do. Asking them if they want to take on £200bn worth of national debt and telling them how long it'll be to see any tangible benefit gives you a totally different response. 

But hey, fortunately last two elections were fought by one party who would renationalise and another who wouldn't. Thank fuck Corbyn won. Right? 

The last election wasn't fought against a backdrop of spiralling energy prices and a cost of living crisis. The cost of privatisation is about to hit the public square between the eyes and deep in the pocket. Its also showing no sign of realignment. The case for public ownership is imo only going to increase. 

Sharon's another one who knows,