You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Maybe they are thick, as in being wilfully ignorant by not doing their homework, and then circumstances make them less thick because events show they should have done their homework? To then continue voting for Johnson types with the evidence of their wilful ignorance would make them dickheads. Or something like that. I’m on the second night of my wife and kids being away and have been drinking some lager and red red wine,but yes, some are deffo wilfully thick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bossy said:

Maybe they are thick, as in being wilfully ignorant by not doing their homework, and then circumstances make them less thick because events show they should have done their homework? To then continue voting for Johnson types with the evidence of their wilful ignorance would make them dickheads. Or something like that. I’m on the second night of my wife and kids being away and have been drinking some lager and red red wine,but yes, some are deffo wilfully thick.

So maybe they are just thick in terms of politics but not other areas of their lives. You might be described as thick for drinking lager with red wine. 

Not by me, if the wifes away then fair do's.

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

You’re generalising. How many voters in the “red wall” are there? Hundreds of thousands I’d imagine,  millions probably but you have them all tagged as “thick” because you’ve decided you know how they think, you have no idea who these people are, what is going on in their lives and how they see their future but because the majority of them likely live in less than ideal conditions and have voted for the party that have been in office for many years and have presided over their lives and of whom you disprove, that’s it, case closed, thick. No idea about what they think a Johnson government on the promise of Brexit might have brought them, just thick. Has it ever occurred to you that they may have thought that they had no real love for the Conservatives but were intrigued by what a Johnson led version may have given them, maybe they thought (god forbid) Saint Jeremy of Corbyn might have been an absolute fucking clown shoes PM. Nope, they’re just thick. Well if polling predictions are to be believed its looks like the thickos have decided Johnson has sold them a pup, maybe in the next election they’ll vote to your liking and will be thick no longer. Maybe not though as they’re probably all just racists as they voted Brexit, Who knows? I certainly don’t and neither do you. 

They thought corbyn would  be a clown and instead voted in,this fella

Boris-Johnson-caught-on-a-zipwire.jpg

It's genuinely accepted that red wall types felt Labour had moved too far to the centre and felt left behind by Labour.So when presented with a choice between a genuine left of centre Labour leader,they instead voted for boris johnson and nigel farage.

If we take the thick as pig shit aspect out of the equation,I'd love to hear the logic that went into that decision. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

This "thick" thing. Its all a bit daft isn't it? I've called people thick but mainly because I knew they wouldn't like it.

I voted for Brexit, I admit I got it wrong but does that make me thick? What is thick? How does someone voting for something but being proven wrong make them thick? How does your life stack up compared to them? Presumably if they're thick and you aren't then you're doing so much better, I don't mean materially necessarily but quality and happiness.

Agreed.

Calling people thick solves nothing.

However what would you do with people who genuinely believe the local council are responsible for closing police stations and hospitals?

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Agreed.

However what would you do with people who genuinely believe the local council are responsible for closing police stations and hospitals?

I have no idea. Perhaps the party that wants to get in have not been clever in putting their message across 

22 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It's genuinely accepted that red wall types felt Labour had moved too far to the centre and felt left behind by Labour.So when presented with a choice between a genuine left of centre Labour leader,they instead voted for boris johnson and nigel farage.

If we take the thick as pig shit aspect out of the equation,I'd love to hear the logic that went into that decision. 

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. How can the red wall types feel that labour had moved towards the centre when the labour leader at that election was Corbyn?

1 hour ago, A Red said:

So maybe they are just thick in terms of politics but not other areas of their lives. You might be described as thick for drinking lager with red wine. 

Not by me, if the wifes away then fair do's.

One after the other like, but fair comment

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Lazy. People who do nothing but shout and vote for a particular party every few year but do fuck all to help anyone outside of their bubble. That type of lazy? I do get your point, I think, that they are lazy of thought. You have to look at personal circumstances though.

I vote Labour as they're the best or a bad bunch. If Johnson and his gang of crooks had been in charge of labour I wouldn't have voted for them. Same if it was Trump. Because I know they would (and did) destroy their countries.

Voting for three word slogans - gat brexit done, build a wall - and not bothering to take into account the biblical scale of the evidence pointing to what kind of human being their are, even though it will destroy your life, makes someone thick.

There's loads of Tories who left the party who think the same. There's an actual movement (the Lincoln project) of republicans who think the same.

I honestly don't see what's so controversial about it.

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Lazy. People who do nothing but shout and vote for a particular party every few year but do fuck all to help anyone outside of their bubble. That type of lazy? I do get your point, I think, that they are lazy of thought. You have to look at personal circumstances though.

I vote Labour as they're the best or a bad bunch. If Johnson and his gang of crooks had been in charge of labour I wouldn't have voted for them. Same if it was Trump. Because I know they would (and did) destroy their countries.

Voting for three word slogans - gat brexit done, build a wall - and not bothering to take into account the biblical scale of the evidence pointing to what kind of human being their are, even though it will destroy your life, makes someone thick.

There's loads of Tories who left the party who think the same. There's an actual movement (the Lincoln project) of republicans who think the same.

41 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It doesn't but majority of the population are fucking thick and gullible. 

The human race is going through a period of devolution. People's enviroment is causing more entrenched views and a lack of general learning and outward thinking. 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

So, you could meet someone from, lets say, Bolton/Bradford, who voted tory and have complete confidence that they are thick and you aren't?

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

So, you could meet someone from, lets say, Bolton/Bradford, who voted tory and have complete confidence that they are thick and you aren't?

I wouldn’t think they were thick, but I would, with all confidence, think that they'd voted for a party who couldn't give two shits about them or their life. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I wouldn’t think they were thick, but I would, with all confidence, think that they'd voted for a party who couldn't give two shits about them or their life. 

Who might be more intelligent than you?

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

The people that voted  with all confidence, think that they'd voted for a party who couldn't give two shits about them or their life. 

Read what I said. I said that they'd voted for a party who couldn't give a shit about them or their lives. Their vote was a means to a Brexit end, and that's it. I said fuck all about intelligence.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It seems a bit of a Vicous circle. 

The argument goes that red wall types are hardly like to vote Labour ,whilst being sneered at for being thick.

At the same time I'm struggling to thick of a word that describes a normal Joe punch clock who would go out and vote for a party, that literally tells them,they are lazy  

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

For someone who says they don’t vote you have quite a lot to say about politics. Mostly other peoples.

I don’t vote that’s correct but I don’t think I have a lot to say about politics at all, maybe you have me confused with some of the other Captains on here.

37 minutes ago, A Red said:

You weren't talking about the blair/brown era.  You were talking about farage and johnson. You silly sod

The perception is that under Blair and brown moved into the centre and red wall types were left behind.

In 2019 that resentment was still there but brexit played a huge part.

When you have a political system and media environment that rewards lying, misrepresentation and duplicity - people being uninformed is a symptom.

If teachers, social workers or police officers consistently behaved like MPs they would face disciplinary action. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1