You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fortunately, to a very small viewership.

True but then the retweets etc then the dickhead in the pub spouting the same shite to his mates then it spreads like a virus and all of a sudden Eastenders is sending subliminal communist pro Corbyn messages through Kat Slaters tits and brainwashing our kids into switching sex and letting rapists into our country. All because Jim Davidson got paid 500 quid to sit there and gob off. 

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Johnson enquiry next week 

Next Wednesday 2pm the cunt is in-front of the privileges committee. Wouldn't be surprised to see something catastrophic happen between now and then meaning the cunt has to fly on urgent business to wave his cock at someone. That cunt just doesn't do accountability. Even his leaving speech in parliament sounded like he was stepping down after a successful 30 year reign. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

There's far more dangerous Tories around but there's something about Theresa Villiers that really riles me.

She's a vile piece of work and always has been!

Edited by Creator Supreme
Removed some irrelevant text, was mixing up evil tories called Theresa.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hey everyone, Justine has a real opportunity for you to work until you drop dead. Not Justine or her cohorts, you understand. No, this is just for you plebs.

I have no problem with this in principle, in fact, it could be incredibly beneficial and proactive with the ageing timebomb we are walking towards.

People are living longer and are far healthier in latter/old age.

But that's not how it will play out of course and people will be flogged and sent on 'retraining opportunities' which will see them have their access to benefits/pensions revoked if a brickie can't retrain as a charted accounted in three one hour sessions.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I have no problem with this in principle, in fact, it could be incredibly beneficial and proactive with the ageing timebomb we are walking towards.

People are living longer and are far healthier in latter/old age.

But that's not how it will play out of course and people will be flogged and sent on 'retraining opportunities' which will see them have their access to benefits/pensions revoked if a brickie can't retrain as a charted accounted in three one hour sessions.

Of course in practice though it's a load of old bollocks. Adult education and careers advice is virtually non existent.

I went through a phase a few years back of wanting to get into cyber security (not the nerdy shit, analyst/consultant stuff- I wanted to be a player). Anywhere I asked it was like speaking in tongues. Some national advice line aimed at helping people retrain wanted to send me on a gaming boot camp in Leeds. I was like, what the fuck.

Any adult course adverts you ever get from the local college are shit like NVQ in wiping your own arse.

It seems after 18 your path is set, whether you like it or not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Of course in practice though it's a load of old bollocks. Adult education and careers advice is virtually non existent.

I went through a phase a few years back of wanting to get into cyber security (not the nerdy shit, analyst/consultant stuff- I wanted to be a player). Anywhere I asked it was like speaking in tongues. Some national advice line aimed at helping people retrain wanted to send me on a gaming boot camp in Leeds. I was like, what the fuck.

Any adult course adverts you ever get from the local college are shit like NVQ in wiping your own arse.

It seems after 18 your path is set, whether you like it or not.

Of course, I agree, but if there was thought, application and genuine care going into it then it could be revelatory. 

Imagine a site worker their whole life going into mentoring/teenage support systems, a nurse being trained properly in admin work, a bored accountant going into the civil service etc etc...

The possibilities are there, the will, you'd imagine, hasn't even considered the potential.

We've discussed before but apprenticeships in the UK are a fucking farce and largely exploited as cash write-downs for the financial/service sectors.

• Upvote 1