Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 254 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd rather we signed Moussa Dembele from Lyon than Sarr. 

He’s too limited technically for us. It’s already hard for him at Lyon.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

He’s too limited technically for us. It’s already hard for him at Lyon.

Yep. Good finisher, but on the bench a lot for the reason you mentioned. And tactically he's not versatile.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Good finisher, but on the bench a lot for the reason you mentioned. And tactically he's not versatile.

Yep 

I think Sarr is rawer than Salah and Mane were when we signed them, but if he’s going to be 4th choice, he has plenty of time to become more refined / polished. 

Apart from a brief after post-New Year, Watford were garbage last season. Assuming we sign him, let’s see how he fairs with significantly better players alongside him. 

Klopp’s an alchemist. If he signs him it’s because he’s seen something he feels he can mould in a season or so into what we do need.

• Upvote 4

If we are in for him then its obviously with one eye on the future, if Klopp thinks he can mould him into the type of player we need in the next 18- 24 months then who are we to doubt the genius. 

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m fully on board with whatever Klopp wants but £40m on a fixer upper is a bit much like. Probably get that Daka and Doku for that. 

It’s the “PL proven” stamp premium.

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Klopp’s an alchemist. If he signs him it’s because he’s seen something he feels he can mould in a season or so into what we do need.

Both Mane and Sallah weren't expected to be anywhere near the level they're at now when we signed them.

I don’t know much about him, but I have a few friends who follow Ligue 1, and some Rennes which is also a team from Brittany like Brest ( not as sexy obviously).

They all agree he’s a huge prospect, and he was very good there.

For the money being touted you'd expect better pedigree from Sarr, not just potential. It would also make missing out on Werner through mingebaggery even more difficult to stomach. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

£40m on Sarr when we wouldn’t pay £55m for Werner? 

Wages being the big difference.   After a poor season at Watford, Sarr will walk over hot coal to play for a big club. 

2 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

Miguel Delaney reporting that United see Sarr as an alternative to Sancho. 

There it is!

I remain utterly convinced that Sarr is a smokescreen. Possibly for no one at all, just a smokescreen to keep other clubs from knowing our real targets, even if they're not targets for this window but January or next summer.

Why on earth would we pass up Timo Werner, one of the best strikers in the world, capable of playing centrally or out wide, coming into his prime, for £48m, and then go sign a raw, potentially good player for 80% of the same money? You can't tell me that Edwards would look at a choice of, say, Sarr + Grujic vs Werner, and think the first choice offered more to our side.

56 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

£40m on Sarr when we wouldn’t pay £55m for Werner? 

Think that it was a release clause and that the fee had to be paid all in one go. 

12 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

There it is!

I remain utterly convinced that Sarr is a smokescreen. Possibly for no one at all, just a smokescreen to keep other clubs from knowing our real targets, even if they're not targets for this window but January or next summer.

Why on earth would we pass up Timo Werner, one of the best strikers in the world, capable of playing centrally or out wide, coming into his prime, for £48m, and then go sign a raw, potentially good player for 80% of the same money? You can't tell me that Edwards would look at a choice of, say, Sarr + Grujic vs Werner, and think the first choice offered more to our side.

If Werner was available now for £55m then he would be a Liverpool player in the morning. Its simple, at the time a decision was required we felt there were too many unknowns.

22 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

There it is!

Can't find a link right now, but there are rumours that we might be in for Wolves' Diogo Jota.