You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Hopefully the vaccine will protect them from a severe outcome. Fingers crossed. Are your family members people who would have been classed in one of the vulnerable groups or people who you would expect not to be ill from the virus? Obviously it's fine if you don't feel comfortable talking about it.

My Nephew (11 years old) tested positive today. He had a blinding headache for a couple of days last week but only got a test when two other kids in his class tested positive. Backs up what they are now saying about the Delta variant having different common symptoms such as a headache.

2 vulnerable, 1 not. And weirdly the 2 vulnerable (one of which is in hospital but doing ok) have both had it at the end of last year too. So it would suggest having the original perhaps doesn't protect for very long too - which fits with a lot of the talk about potentially just 3 months. 

22 hours ago, TK421 said:

You can't get it over the counter in the UK or even from a GP without jumping through a lot of hoops.

It's horse paste or nothing, so I went with the former.  I had to lie to get it, though.  When I filled the form in I said I had a 3 year old 700kg horse, who I have named Carl.  

Gaining acceptance it seems. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-021-00430-5

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Jonson probably loves all this attention away from him. That's why Patel and Jenrick are still there too I bet. 

Oh yeah, they're his firewall. They know they're lucky to be in the positions they are and know that only blind loyalty to the idiot in charge will keep them there. The entire cabinet was chosen on the same basis.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

2 vulnerable, 1 not. And weirdly the 2 vulnerable (one of which is in hospital but doing ok) have both had it at the end of last year too. So it would suggest having the original perhaps doesn't protect for very long too - which fits with a lot of the talk about potentially just 3 months. 

Which vaccine?

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

In brighter news, this is from that Zoe app. There's only about 50K people in the county, so having over 4% of them suffering from Covid at the same time was a bit much...

ClacksCovid.jpg

I'm not sure Zoe is so great at the moment, they seem to keep changing their system when numbers went down. Here's the latest from Liverpool. 

Screenshot_20210616-143511.jpg

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure Zoe is so great at the moment, they seem to keep changing their system when numbers went down. Here's the latest from Liverpool. 

Screenshot_20210616-143511.jpg

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, it's been all over the place recently. Presumably they've got a lot fewer users now so it's subject to quite wild swings due to whatever fiddle factor they're using.

9055 new cases!! Fucking hell!

At least the deaths stayed low at 9!

Where I live in Knowsley the infection rate is 87 per 100000, the national average is 42 per 100000. Also 131 new cases in the last week, up from 59 the previous week.

I'm not sure if this is down to the Delta variant, or if its people slacking with the safety measures or what, but it's worrying!

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This vaccine documentary on BBC2 is good. Amazing how many volunteers stepped forward to help the development.  Gives you a bit of hope about humanity.  Even if some soft cunts won’t have it.  

Yeah it's boss, the Aussie bloke is funny. He's called Keith and just looks like a plasterer. 

"We started working on a vaccine and thought, fuck it, at least we'll get a paper out of it, but then it all kicked off and we were like, bloody hell."

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it's boss, the Aussie bloke is funny. He's called Keith and just looks like a plasterer. 

"We started working on a vaccine and thought, fuck it, at least we'll get a paper out of it, but then it all kicked off and we were like, bloody hell."

That 34 yr old woman in the US was incredible. Thirty fucking four and she helps develop a vaccine.  I couldn’t fill out my expenses form correctly at 34.