Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1334 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think Trump was probably talking about hypochlorous acid, which is chemically very similar to bleach, but is produced by the human body. It's amazing at killing bacteria, and non toxic. The problem is there is no way to inject it to fight viruses living within the body.

I think you're definitely over crediting Trump here 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm talking about Israel

Israel have had lockdown and schools/nurseries have been off 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought they were aiming for Easter for half the population? 

We've a mere 5 million over here in ireland and we've only done 250k so far! Said it'll be September or even November before we're all done. And i wouldn't hold my breath on that. Could be this time next year. Incompetent cunts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think Trump was probably talking about hypochlorous acid, which is chemically very similar to bleach, but is produced by the human body. It's amazing at killing bacteria, and non toxic. The problem is there is no way to inject it to fight viruses living within the body.

Naah mate, that prick was on about bleach. Proper get down to Wilko's, 3 quid for 4 litres bleach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone i know has given details of how to get the vaccine now. Couple of links to register on the NHS site for appointments at St Helens stadium, according to him it's vaccines going to waste however that could be his justifying queue jumping.

 

Anyone heard of this, is it legit offering or are they stealing other people's places? Him and his missus and sister in law registered this morning and vaccinated in the afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Someone i know has given details of how to get the vaccine now. Couple of links to register on the NHS site for appointments at St Helens stadium, according to him it's vaccines going to waste however that could be his justifying queue jumping.

 

Anyone heard of this, is it legit offering or are they stealing other people's places? Him and his missus and sister in law registered this morning and vaccinated in the afternoon. 

Sounds totally wicked to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the idea floated was schools in early March , non essential shops and small outdoor gatherings in early April and hospitality in May / June. Doesn't seem a massive rush with the vaccines likely to be out to all over 50's and special categories by the end of April , considering we have been locked down since new year and in various tiers since autumn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, niallers said:

We've a mere 5 million over here in ireland and we've only done 250k so far! Said it'll be September or even November before we're all done. And i wouldn't hold my breath on that. Could be this time next year. Incompetent cunts

I don't expect we will be done before that. By late march we need to start going back and vaccinating everyone we did since December with 2nd jabs, so the 2nd half of the population probably don't start getting their 1st jabs till the summer. I realise we're doing pretty well compared with most nations and especially Europe - but we've a big population, so the race is hardly won yet. I think also the EU have access to the Johnson and Johnson jab don't you, which only requires a single shot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Someone i know has given details of how to get the vaccine now. Couple of links to register on the NHS site for appointments at St Helens stadium, according to him it's vaccines going to waste however that could be his justifying queue jumping.

 

Anyone heard of this, is it legit offering or are they stealing other people's places? Him and his missus and sister in law registered this morning and vaccinated in the afternoon. 

I've had my jab, but I got a letter off the NHS recently (perhaps the end of last week) with a website to go and register if I hadn't been asked to go for my jab. I'm assuming this is the path people are using. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought the idea floated was schools in early March , non essential shops and small outdoor gatherings in early April and hospitality in May / June. Doesn't seem a massive rush with the vaccines likely to be out to all over 50's and special categories by the end of April , considering we have been locked down since new year and in various tiers since autumn.

Hospitality is pushing massively to be open for Easter and they have support of the Tory backbenchers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've had my jab, but I got a letter off the NHS recently (perhaps the end of last week) with a website to go and register if I hadn't been asked to go for my jab. I'm assuming this is the path people are using. 

Possibly. I have a link to an NHS site you use to get your NHS number, then another link to another site to pick your slot add that NHS number and your details.

 

Sounds a bit queue jumpy for my liking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hospitality is pushing massively to be open for Easter and they have support of the Tory backbenchers. 

My daughter has a restaurant and has no realistic expectations of reopening before late May / early June.

 

The mentions of Easter I read were waffling on about pub gardens which must cover a small fraction of the sector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go through the NHS booking piece and say you're a care worker, you get a booking time and one for the second as well. I didn't take it of course, but it's a bit open I thought to abuse, if am honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Possibly. I have a link to an NHS site you use to get your NHS number, then another link to another site to pick your slot add that NHS number and your details.

 

Sounds a bit queue jumpy for my liking.

I'm guessing the portal itself though must surely vet you on the NHS number. 

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

My daughter has a restaurant and has no realistic expectations of reopening before late May / early June.

 

The mentions of Easter I read were waffling on about pub gardens which must cover a small fraction of the sector

I thought the pubs were lobbying to open with the same rules as they did when they opened in July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought the pubs were lobbying to open with the same rules as they did when they opened in July. 

Saw that guy from Wetherspoons kicking off , but I think she would rather wait an extra month or so and open properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Saw that guy from Wetherspoons kicking off , but I think she would rather wait an extra month or so and open properly.

It wasn't him I saw, it was the leader of one of the bodies, maybe hospitality UK and they also head one of the heads of the traditional breweries (Greene king or something) saying the same. We'll find out next week anyway. 

 

Would she stay shut if everywhere else was opening up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Saw that guy from Wetherspoons kicking off , but I think she would rather wait an extra month or so and open properly.

https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Article/2021/02/15/MPs-Steve-Baker-CRG-demand-hospitality-be-allowed-to-open-by-Easter

 

This is the thing from the back bench Tories. Fucking CRG, bellends. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

If you go through the NHS booking piece and say you're a care worker, you get a booking time and one for the second as well. I didn't take it of course, but it's a bit open I thought to abuse, if am honest. 

There are stories of the BMA claiming that unused vaccines are being thrown away. Is it worse that vaccines are binned or that people might take up opportunities that are there because others just aren't booking in?

 

Difficult one. I've got the website address too, no doubt it's circling quite a bit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

You can tell Whitty wants to fucking strangle him. 
 

 

Right, to be fair here, and I have no desire to stick up for Johnson, but Whitty says it wrong first time, and 3 different ways throughout that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skend04 said:

There are stories of the BMA claiming that unused vaccines are being thrown away. Is it worse that vaccines are binned or that people might take up opportunities that are there because others just aren't booking in?

 

Difficult one. I've got the website address too, no doubt it's circling quite a bit now.

 

I'm sure I posted on here a while ago that my Gf's Auntie and some of her staff had it way earlier than anticipated because the hospital they work at had no way of storing it. 

 

There was always likely to be some people that 'jump the queue' for one reason or the other but as long as people aren't denying people that genuinely need it then then its a good thing.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

I think Trump was probably talking about hypochlorous acid, which is chemically very similar to bleach, but is produced by the human body. It's amazing at killing bacteria, and non toxic. The problem is there is no way to inject it to fight viruses living within the body.

Maybe the people talking to Trump were talking about that; if so, he wasn't listening. 

He just started running his mouth with no particular concern about what noises came out. In this instance, the noises that came out were about detergent being introduced into the human body. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×