You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Alternative views on the Holocaust?  Well. I think there’s a word for that.  

Yes, there were. And you know what I did? Asked Dave if he’d prefer it if I left.  If he had I’d have just left, no drama, no flounce, just left. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nope. I wasn't expecting something like this so I'll reply once more.

I'm trying to point out how fucking stupid I think mandates and passes are, how stupid the propaganda is and the censorship, how wrong I think it is to believe that the world's medical professionals aren't capable of treating this virus early to even a small extent with drugs that we already have so we can reduce hospitalisations and deaths, and also how stupid I think it is to blame the unvaccinated for our current problems.

To get the vaccine or not should be a choice for each one of us, without coercion.

I was fine not dealing with this subject for a while and didn't post much but once I read about mandates things changed from that point onwards. Mandates aren't a free choice without coercion and I feel strongly against that.

And believe that I'm telling the truth or not, all I can do is be as honest as I can. My general angle here has been nothing other than being sick of corrupt governments, corporations and the issues I listed above, wanting to give a voice from the side of the unvaccinated as things got worse in recent months, and hoping that we can all get through this, vaccinated and unvaccinated, without ending up in an authoritarian nightmare.

Simple question. Right now, with a new variant hitting us, do you agree that vaccinating is the best way to save lives? Forget what you would have liked to happen but didn't, I mean now.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

We are to the point where people have to be told by the Gubmint to take their vitamins and wash their hands.

Wonder what they say about brushing your teeth.

If this keeps up I’ll have to start wiping my arse after a shit, next. All because Boris says so.

I've just had an email from the NHS telling me that there are new treatments available for those classed as extremely clinically vulnerable to help prevent serious illness, but they have to be taken as soon as possible after a positive PCR.

They say I should have a test kit available to use as soon as I have symptoms and are sending one in the post to have ready.

They're taking no chances. 

5 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've just had an email from the NHS telling me that there are new treatments available for those classed as extremely clinically vulnerable to help prevent serious illness, but they have to be taken as soon as possible after a positive PCR.

They say I should have a test kit available to use as soon as I have symptoms and are sending one in the post to have ready.

My sister had the same, I assume it's the Pfizer pill- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/14/pfizer-covid-pill-effective-protecting-against-severe-disease-omicron

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Got the same email. Wondering how much the test will fetch on the black market. 

I tell you what they ought to be doing. Inventing genuine hangover cures. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

I was thinking the same thing. It's good to know that these treatments are becoming available, but I think they should be offered to everyone who has need of them.

RP - what is going on here:

Marjorie Taylor Greene, an extremist Republican congresswoman who routinely traffics in misinformation about the Covid 19 pandemic and those who warn of its seriousness, is being criticised for owning stock in companies that produce vaccines.

As reported by the Chattanooga Times Free Press, Ms Greene this summer officially declared income from shares in Astrazeneca, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson – the latter two of which manufacture two of the three main vaccines rolled out across the US.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene, an extremist Republican congresswoman who routinely traffics in misinformation about the Covid 19 pandemic and those who warn of its seriousness, is being criticised for owning stock in companies that produce vaccines.

As reported by the Chattanooga Times Free Press, Ms Greene this summer officially declared income from shares in Astrazeneca, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson – the latter two of which manufacture two of the three main vaccines rolled out across the US.

Hypocritical bitch being Hypocritical? 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The first part of that promised so much....thought it was going to say she was getting her arse kicked by COVID.

Pelosi has given them the ok to continue getting away with this kind of shit using insider info to buy and sell stock.

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Two members of my team are off with covid, and another is off sick after getting the booster.

No prizes for guessing which of the three is sickest.

Define 'sickest'. Two people have a slight headache and the third as an achey arse?

51 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

, the media continually associate unvaccinated as Trump supporters, QAnon, etc, and I think that makes it a lot easier for many that wanted Trump out to just not give a fuck about unvaccinated in general. 

There is good reason for that:

On his last day as director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Francis Collins spoke on how former President Trump pressured him to endorse unproven medical treatments for COVID-19, such as "hydroxychloroquine and blood plasma."

"I have done everything I can to stay out of any kind of political, partisan debates, because it really is not a place where medical research belongs."

However, Collins said he often had to face off against Trump for his refusal to recommend medical treatments for COVID-19 that had not been shown to improve illnesses.

Braver asked Collins if he would have resigned instead of submitting to the White House's demands.

"Yeah, I was not going to compromise scientific principles to just hold onto the job," said Collins, adding that he also refused demands from right-wing lawmakers that Anthony Fauci, now President Biden's chief medical adviser, be fired.

"Can you imagine a circumstance where the director of the NIH, somebody who believes in science, would submit to political pressures and fire the greatest expert in infectious disease that the world has known, just to satisfy political concerns?" said Collins.

When asked about any regrets on how the COVID-19 pandemic was handled, Collins said he wished that the "problem of hesitancy" had been studied more and that he did not foresee so many people refusing the vaccine once they were made available.

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Lads. You've been doing it all wrong, apparently. You need to start rubbing the horse paste into your feet. And stock up on your onions too! 

FHEDokOXwAohgbY.jpeg

FHEDokLXIAgBYkq.jpeg

Don’t think much of their trabs.