You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

1. "Natural immunity" involves tens of thousands of people dying and millions getting seriously ill.

That doesn't have to be the case with early treatments and focused vaccination for the most at risk.

And this is why we go around in circles, because it can't be accepted.

Good luck coercing millions into getting vaccines whilst still ignoring the fact that early treatments can help, if it works I hope you don't end up regretting it further down the line.

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

they haven't because they buy into moronic social media noise. 

Yeah it's because we're thick and buy into social media noise and because vaccinated are intellectually superior and all the media and government messaging is too complicated for us to understand. Good luck with that narrative, seems to be working fine so far.

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Using terms like "minority" and acting like it you're being attacked for not getting the vaccine after that march on Saturday (and the many like it before) is not the right approach. A fair few people on here might disagree with you but have you been heckled in the street? Come on RP. You're asking for a better approach yet are failing to hold up your side of that.

I'm actually in a minority that has governments and media all over the world spreading bullshit about every single day, and we're gradually being segregated and having access to our lives cut off in various parts of the world too. Measures that fail because the vaccine fails to reduce the spread properly. I agree with Lucas in that she's opposed to passports, mandates, and thinks coercion, abuse and othering is wrong. The type of things that you'd think many people on the left should understand already.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I'll ask again, what better early treatment can you get than a vaccine that has clearly shown it reduces the risk of death from this virus that's killed over 5 million people? 

Nobody should be forced to get a vaccine.

If doctors around the world worked with each other to find the best from this list (and using combinations from the list) and also some others not on here (like NAC, luteolin and others) we'd very likely be able to cut down on hospitalisation and death quite a lot : https://c19early.com/

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm actually in a minority that has governments and media all over the world spreading bullshit about every single day, and we're gradually being segregated and having access to our lives cut off in various parts of the world too.

Welcome to freedom of choice but not freedom from consequence.

Nobody says you can't drink, but laws prevent you from driving if you make that choice.

Nobody is physically preventing you from saying what you like, but there are laws that protect others from having to listen to what you say.

Nobody is saying you have to take the vaccine, but there are restrictions on what you can do if you decide not to to protect others.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Welcome to freedom of choice but not freedom from consequence.

Nobody says you can't drink, but laws prevent you from driving if you make that choice.

Nobody is physically preventing you from saying what you like, but there are laws that protect others from having to listen to what you say.

Nobody is saying you have to take the vaccine, but there are restrictions on what you can do if you decide not to to protect others.

Again, falls apart when you bring natural immunity into the equation and vaccines that don't stop the spread properly.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

If doctors around the world worked with each other to find the best from this list (and using combinations from the list) and also some others not on here (like NAC, luteolin and others) we'd very likely be able to cut down on hospitalisation and death quite a lot : https://c19early.com/

Doesn't that miss the point?

They're presumably all anti-virals used to to 'treat' something which you already have. 

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Again, falls apart when you bring natural immunity into the equation and vaccines that don't stop the spread properly.

To have natural immunity you have to have had the virus, the objective is to stop people getting the virus.

It's like saying the solution to gun violence is better treatment for gunshot wounds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

What about people who have had it more than once? Explain how natural immunity works? maybe I'm missing something. 

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

Yeah then the final line:

And it usually takes a lag of around two weeks from someone getting sick with Covid to require hospital treatment.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Guardian and Telegraph keep teasing the lockdown, but never committing. Feel sorry for anyone who has to plan around all this stuff this late in the game.

I think even a big chunk of the law abiding and rule following segment of the population will be ignoring anything if it fucks with Christmas plans now mate. Not saying I agree with it, but they have left it too close to the day now. There would be uproar and mass ignorance of any restrictions I think.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Dave disagreed, that’s what happens in life. I’m convinced, others aren’t. Me having a hissy fit won’t change that. AoT saw the same I did, perhaps others did too. He’s a friend to some of you, that means you let him off. Says more about them than me.  

Weren’t there calls for you to get banned for having alternative views a while back? Just because some people think it, doesn’t mean it’s correct. Accept the judgement and situation and move on.

Boss has been a well liked poster on here for as long as I can remember. The fact there is one comment, which is questionable and debatable around what he meant, speaks volumes.

And stop attacking him by calling him a racist. Put him on ignore if you feel strongly enough. It doesn’t make you a hero, it makes you a bully.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Belarus said:

I think even a big chunk of the law abiding and rule following segment of the population will be ignoring anything if it fucks with Christmas plans now mate. Not saying I agree with it, but they have left it too close to the day now. There would be uproar and mass ignorance of any restrictions I think.

I think due to past errors, poor messaging, and it emanating from a government with no moral authority, for many it's a case of make up your own rules and use your noggin. Has been for a while now.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think due to past errors, poor messaging, and it emanating from a government with no moral authority, for many it's a case of make up your own rules and use your noggin. Has been for a while now.

Yeah, I agree. 

As they’ve done before, they’ll be able to blame everyone for ignoring their advice if they wait and do it within completely unrealistic time frames. Would be classic them cunts.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Look at South Africa. There's over half the population not fully vaxxed and natural immunity has helped them get through it.

Stop using SA as an example of natural immunity. Our population is more spread out than the UK  and our testing rates are.much lower. It is holiday season right now and our numbers will climb again. Up to now the majority of hospitalisations are unvaccinated and that fact will not change much with new admissions.Natural immunity remains an unproven theory.

43 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

run-away-im-out.gif

kM9jyvI.gif

26 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

You keep saying this, but never do.

8R1USxG.gif

There's an alternative corona thread now where I've been posting, have been out of here mostly since then but got caught up in replying to people recently so it's looked like I've been kind of settling back here, that's not the intention.

46 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

To have natural immunity you have to have had the virus, the objective is to stop people getting the virus.

It's like saying the solution to gun violence is better treatment for gunshot wounds.

You can't compare gunshot wounds to all of the people that've recovered from covid. Nobody should have to explain this.

17 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Get's to the point where he can't regurgitate articles from dodgy sources, get's asked question that are inconvenient, nopes out for a day, returns with new batch of articles.

Nope, most of the sources I link aren't dodgy. I go out of my way to find sources that people here would consider acceptable when I can and if you posted a list of everything I've linked/quoted since corona started you'd see that I think.

I'll go back to mostly using the other thread. Anything I feel like I have to respond to will be quoted in there instead.

Great piece of writing from Mark Lanagan on his covid experience form his new memoirs.

From a much longer piece...

'I had been feeling weak and sick for a few days and then woke up one morning completely deaf. My equilibrium shaky, and my mind in a surreal, psychedelic dream state, I lost my footing at the top of the stairs. Head over heels over head, I knocked myself out on the windowsill as I crashed down the narrow staircase at my house. Bang. My wife was out horseback riding for the day, and I came to hours later still unable to hear a thing, unable to move, two huge opened welts on my head and my knee not supporting any weight.

For two days I tried to get from stairwell to couch, with no success. I could not move, nor could my wife support my 200lb body, so I lay suffering on some blankets on the hard floor. My ribs were cracked, my spine bruised, battered and sore, and my already chronically messed-up knee gone again, as if some tendons were ripped or a ligament severed. My leg was useless. Every attempted breath was a battle, no matter how hard I tried to take a natural one. Though I refused to go to hospital my wife finally called an ambulance behind my back and I was wheeled out of my yard on a gurney. I eventually ended up in intensive care, unable to draw oxygen, and was diagnosed with some exotic new strain of the coronavirus for which there was no cure, of course. I was put into a medically induced coma, none of which I remembered.

Now, a month later, having been visited by nothing but bizarre dreams, strange visions, shadowy darkness, untrustworthy memories and recurring hallucinations, all hallmarks of near-death experiences, I was conscious again. Still in intensive care, catheter shoved up my dick, every attempt at taking a deep breath – even a yawn – met with the unwelcome sensation of being slammed in the chest with a 20lb sledgehammer. Apparently my light had almost gone out permanently more than once, according to the doctors and nurses.'

Well worth reading the full article for the literary merit alone, let alone the madness of the full covid experience.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/dec/20/this-thing-was-trying-to-dismantle-me-mark-lanegan-on-nearly-dying-of-covid