Quantcast
Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00 - Page 31 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00

I'm out of superlatives for this Liverpool team. Wolves were a good and tricky opposition, as expected. Traore was a nuisance and caused Robertson endless problems. Salah was too selfish and squandered too many good opportunities by refusing to square the ball -- the sort of stuffs that usually caused rows between teammates and created bad vibes, sinking team-spirit like how it annoyed anxious supporters. But this team kept on going and going, overcoming obstacles both without and within like another walk in the park, deservingly notched another win.

Not the smoothest of performances, but this just might had been my most favorite Liverpool game of this memorable season. What did Klopp call this group of players? Mentality giants? At this point that is no exaggeration.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Fucking good side them.

Just a shame for them we’re a great one.

14 wins a row now. Good chance of taking that record as well.

To break the record we need to beat the teams in 17th, 9th, 20th, 17th, 19th, 18th.

Do that and its most ever wins in a row. Which will be hilarious because I remember at the beginning of the season when we were close to breaking it and the city nob heads were saying it shouldn't count because it wasn't in one season. 

After that it's the teams in 12th, 11th, 2nd. 

Do that we match arsenal's undefeated run of 49, and win the league at the earliest ever point of a season.

I'm sure there's a hundred other records we can potentially break, fucking astonishing this season. 

Let the Wolves hype train roll on. If they were as good as their fans (and other fans by the looks of it) think they are they’d be in the top three. But they’re not. They’re behind an inconsistent Chelsea, a joke Man United, a Spurs side that’s gone backwards at an alarming rate, and have Sheffield, Southampton and Arsenal just a few points off them.

And yet they are treated like the second coming and their fans think they are as good as ourselves and City.

Yeah, it’s all very well raising your game and throwing everything you have at the top four sides when they roll into town, but don’t pretend you’re not playing above yourselves in those games.

They’re a good side, with gifted players in certain positions, and a good and likeable manager. Top six or seven maybe. But spare me the hype.

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I never did find out who this lady is.

I never found out the point of the picture in the first place! #shrugs#

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

You know who can fuck off?

Everyone else.

Especially Wolves fans, who don’t deserve a decent team.

• Upvote 1

In a few days time nobody will give a shit about Wolves as they'll look at the table and see Liverpool flying high and above everyone else, and they'll turn their interest to our next opponent. The way we are breaking the Trolls hearts is every bit as enjoyable as the points we are amassing. 

• Upvote 2

Another tough contest, and another hurdle overcome. We go again. And again. And again. And again...

I can't remember the last time (if ever?) that Hendo got himself on the end of a corner. He did so twice tonight, scoring the first time with a header than bounced off his shoulder and past Patricio in the Wolves goal. In the first half, Wolves had only looked to offer any threat via set-pieces.

Mo was having one of those nights where he chooses the wrong option all too frequently and ends up looking a little greedy. He had time and space to put away a Mane cross via his right foot but chose to cut in onto his left where he was immediately closed down. He later had a chance to put Minamino in but chose to go it alone, again having his shot closed down. In the second half he could have played Ox in on the left after a swift break, but yet again went for the solo option and hit a shot wide of the near post.

Sadio had to go off with an injury I hope is not serious. He was uncomfortable enough to signal to come off immediately but otherwise looked OK when walking off. Certainly he was OK enough to troll the fuck out of the Wolves fans by sitting down until they put the ball out before immediately leaping to his feet. Then he sat down again when the ref told him he could go off for treatment if he wanted.

It was Minamino's arrival and the subsequent reshuffle that caused us to look disjointed for the rest of the half, and for about 30 minutes in the second we were very much second best. Traore was giving our left side a chasing. Jimenez's movement and ability got him a goal and he was a nuisance throughout. We couldn't keep the ball, and Minamino out on the right and Ox out on the left made both of them extremely peripheral figures. Alisson was forced to make a couple of good saves.

We weathered the onslaught and began to make chances in the last 15 minutes. Bobby was denied once but he wasn't to be denied again, popping up with the winner with a smart bit of control and a sweet finish beyond Patricio. After that, barring a late chance Jota put over as the ball was slightly behind him, we seemed to have regained a measure of Wolves and saw it out with relative ease.

One of these days, we will start to see out games with much less nail-biting and arse-twitching but until then, we'll do alright as long as we continue to just see games out and claim the 3 points. 67 points from 69 is phenomenal stuff. A 16-point lead with a game in hand is phenomenal stuff. Not even having reached two thirds of the way into the season with that record is just something else beyond anything even the most optimistic Reds supporter could have wished for.

Just go again. And again. And again...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anubis said:

Especially Wolves fans, who don’t deserve a decent team.

Bunch of cunts. Not a peep out of them in the first half when our fans sang constantly - second half they were giving it ‘can you hear the scousers song’. Knobbeads. 

Joe Cole just said the game has changed so much, pundits are now judging a different breed of human beings to what they were themselves.

Just writes itself doesn’t it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

To break the record we need to beat the teams in 17th, 9th, 20th, 17th, 19th, 18th...

Who cares about the record. Just wanna win the league. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Bunch of cunts. Not a peep out of them in the first half when our fans sang constantly - second half they were giving it ‘can you hear the scousers song’. Knobbeads. 

Disappeared again at 2-1 as well.

Hope Sadio's OK and just came off as a precaution. 

More importantly, it looks like Alisson's beautiful face is still perfect after that brute kicked the ball straight at him.

• Upvote 2

Ince has just said he would have got in this fucking side.

With a straight face.

The man makes Harvey Price look like Bamber Gascoigne.

• Upvote 1

Just now, J-V said:

Why is Joe Cole on the TV.  His speciality is being a thick cunt who struggles with his native language.

Pretty perfect qualifications for a football pundit.