You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

moof

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My nine year old’s first Liverpool game was Leicester away last season. They were at it all game, then on the way out they were chucking stuff at us and something missed her head by centimetres. It was that bad that other fellas stepped in front of her in case it happened again. 

Loads of them looking for scraps outside as well. Fucking rats. 

Me mate went to that.

Said it waa nuts afterwards.

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The trouble is, the FA went for the wrong type of big name foreign manager, and it's bizarrely convinced people that it was a cultural, rather than a tactical, misalignment.

English players have always been poor at game management, so getting two figures who are steeped in Italian methods was always going to jar.

The main benefit players in this league have is fitness, given its pace. A foreign manager who played to those strengths, who favoured pressing, attacking football, and wasn't as green as Southgate could work wonders with this group.

Didn't sven get them to the semis?

I honestly thought when they got capello, he would take them to the next level.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Didn't sven get them to the semis?

I honestly thought when they got capello, he would take them to the next level.

Capello just wasn't suited to managing international teams.

I was listening to a Ben Foster podcast recently and he said that the majority of the players didn't like him. 

He tried to run England the same way he'd run his club teams, but it doesn't work because you don't have ad much time or control over the players.

The newspapers are hinting that Southgate might step aside. I don't think there's any glaringly obvious replacements though? 

12 hours ago, Mook said:

You're the one making stupid statements.

I cant be arsed checking back but I think you said they were shite . I dont support England and wasn’t arsed if they won or lost but they aren’t shite . You need to look closer to home for a shite side.

I’m the office. Some lass in our team is a flag shagging brexiter England flag. I work in Leeds. First thing…

”Why did Henderson play? He did nothing. He looked out of breath all game. Should have played Phillips.”

End of conversation. 

8 hours ago, CapeRed said:

I cant be arsed checking back but I think you said they were shite . I dont support England and wasn’t arsed if they won or lost but they aren’t shite . You need to look closer to home for a shite side.

The big difference is we know we're shite and don't go on about bringing it home every four years before being humbled as soon as we meet a decent side.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

The big difference is we know we're shite and don't go on about bringing it home every four years before being humbled as soon as we meet a decent side.

There’s no doubt that plenty of knobheads will always give it large aided and abetted by the media . As far as I could see the England team kept it quiet and certainly weren’t humbled but were beaten by a side who took their chances better.

15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You hate trolls, yeah. 

You know when you go the match and you hear stuff like “Murderers” “Victims” and “The S*n was right” how does it make you feel?

They’re not caricatures, they’re real people, everywhere up and down the country. 

No reply, @Strontium

How do you feel about this regional banter?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

There’s no doubt that plenty of knobheads will always give it large aided and abetted by the media . As far as I could see the England team kept it quiet and certainly weren’t humbled but were beaten by a side who took their chances better.

Hmmmmmm...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/07/this-time-england-believe-we-can-win-world-cup-says-harry-maguire